The other two races

We are supposed to have six races available for play. So far we know what four of the six are going to be, Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Godborn. I wanted to start a thread for speculation on the other two races. I think at least one of the two will be a small race, something like Halflings or Gnomes, with the other one possibly being something kind of new. What do you all think? If I have missed an update and they have already announced the last two races, feel free to share that information.

Edited by Jigawatts

I think they're going creative for one of them. And given that they have't so much as named the other, probably both.

I hope it's a Dromaeosaur.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Based on the lore in update # 20, I'm guessing (perhaps incorrectly) that orlan will be one of them.

"A race of people found mostly in northern, temperate climates but also as far south as the Dyrwood. Physically, they are notable for their small stature, two-toned skin, and exceptionally large, hair-covered ears."

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yup, seems like the orlan is likely to be the fifth race. Not terribly excited about that, to be honest. I've never really liked any of the short races, so they could have done better by me. Though the elves seems to be pretty cool in this setting, and the god-like could be awesome.

Yup, seems like the orlan is likely to be the fifth race. Not terribly excited about that, to be honest. I've never really liked any of the short races, so they could have done better by me. Though the elves seems to be pretty cool in this setting, and the god-like could be awesome.

please no ... that would be far away from being creative. i would like to see something you normally consider bad, like some kind of undead race, lizard man ... or just some weird looking humanoid with tentacles like mind flayers ...

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

Gorgonzolas. They're a race of men made of sentient cheese.

I finally I know what race my dad is. Gorgonzolas, its always nice to know where you come from ;p

Orlan sound interesting, I hope they come in blue.

My bet is the other race comes from the South, since this race comes from the north. Just a guess.

Keep in mind that the stretch goal was about godlike races, not race, so there are going to be at least 7 playable races, not 6.

They could be referring to subraces by the "races." Tiefling, Aasimar, and Genasi are considered different races in D&D, but were subraces of Planetouched in Neverwinter Nights 2.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Based on the lore in update # 20, I'm guessing (perhaps incorrectly) that orlan will be one of them.

"A race of people found mostly in northern, temperate climates but also as far south as the Dyrwood. Physically, they are notable for their small stature, two-toned skin, and exceptionally large, hair-covered ears."

I'm quite curious to see how the two-toned skin looks. And the hairy ears.... I'm having trouble picturing that looking decent. My brain is only coming up with hair coming out of the ears like this:

5577_56181_02B.jpg

Or something like furry ears that you might see on... Catgirls/boys. Neither of which seem terribly appealing.

I doubt they'd come up with something that looked awful and terribly out of place in the setting though, so I'm guessing they simply have a lot more imagination than I. I certainly look forward to finally seeing what this, the other mysterious race and the Godlike races look like.

Edited by Shades

I am hoping for one "small race" and one "large race"

I have always been a fan of the Goliath rock type race from DnD and would love to see something like that or maybe a draconic race like the draconians of Dragonlance.

I would also be supportive of something completley off the wall.

I'd be up for a large race (avoiding ogre/giant stereotypes) myself. We usually see games go smaller rather than larger.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I was picturing an ill-tempered, slightly crazy race of people wearing kilts.

braveheart.jpg

Except with large, pointy ears. ;)

I couldn't shake the image of this

ltbylb.jpg

Except with large, furry ears...

And the hairy ears.... I'm having trouble picturing that looking decent.

Or something like furry ears that you might see on... Catgirls/boys. Neither of which seem terribly appealing.

I doubt they'd come up with something that looked awful and terribly out of place in the setting though, so I'm guessing they simply have a lot more imagination than I. I certainly look forward to finally seeing what this, the other mysterious race and the Godlike races look like.

Honestly, I'm cringing every time "furry" is mentioned in the context of PE. Please, Obsidian. Don't endeavour to attract.... THEM.

I was picturing an ill-tempered, slightly crazy race of people wearing kilts.

braveheart.jpg

Except with large, pointy ears. ;)

Funny story. William Wallace looked no different from the English he was fighting (full chain, nice robe, etc.) Boy Braveheart got a lot of things wrong. And don't even get me started with that garbage "artistic license" they took to make Isabella "She-Wolf" of France boinking him. She was 3 years old during Wallace's fight against England.

Whould be great if another playable race is orks (or something like) but it if other like barberian-savage-large-brutal-warior like race whould be ok.

I personaly thing that it's the time for some half-orc like race from neverwinter. BUT only if it will by done well no only in terms "They like fighting and they smell bad".

And another thing "ORLAN" race ? When i think "Orlan" it remainds me barceep from gothic 2 or farmer from original campain NWN2. Worst name ever, even Bu-bu or Ciubi-ciubi whould be better. Even Japanasing this name to Oranato sound better. And I"M SURE that even if evrywon on this site will think the same Obsydian will never say "Ok, ok sorry we made a mistake, we are already working on fixing this problem" becouse they don't whan't to admit mistakes.

Mt only hope is that that "Orlan" name whould by the last foolishness they produce, even dinosaur romance companion whould be better... esh