Live Q&A Chat with Obsidian tomorrow 3 p.m PDT

I'm excited, I really am. Most games have one big city like they said, they don't really spend time really developing two major cities and that'll be something truly remarkable to see. I'm not familiar with the lore yet, so i'm really not sure what the Vailian republic or the pearl coast is. I can find them on the map I'm sure, but as to anything more than that I need to do some reading.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

I'm excited, I really am. Most games have one big city like they said, they don't really spend time really developing two major cities and that'll be something truly remarkable to see. I'm not familiar with the lore yet, so i'm really not sure what the Vailian republic or the pearl coast is. I can find them on the map I'm sure, but as to anything more than that I need to do some reading.

The Vailian Republic's supposedly based on Italian city-states (I think). Great.

Edited by Karranthain

but if we get the second big city funded, it will likely be very different from the first, possibly one of the vailian republics

Vailian republic sounds great :)

.... I read that as Villain republic, a city full of villains! Imagine all the evil laughing and fighting going on in such a city.

No thanks, if it's all the same to you.

Why the hostility?

And again, Obsidian always played with grey charachters. They never had a writing approach of good/evil.

Because you were patronising and looking down your nose. If you can't see it then accept it was there.

Yeah, the *Why do you play Obsidian's games* was a bit too aggressivly worded. Sorry.

Vailian... I've always thought the reason they're city states and Italian sounding names in a game set in the renascence was kind of a give. That will leave a lot of room for layers of intrigue.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The questions seem good, if already answered for those of us following so passionately. I really liked the question about monsters.

Too bad it lacked information.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

but if we get the second big city funded, it will likely be very different from the first, possibly one of the vailian republics

Vailian republic sounds great :)

.... I read that as Villain republic, a city full of villains! Imagine all the evil laughing and fighting going on in such a city.

Typical Vailian citizen:

ymrlB.jpg

There's a lot of people asking questions, probably 400+.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Is it stalling on the system question for anyone else?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It did got somewhat answered :) I was asking about healing.

What I still don't know if there will be long term (or even permanent) wounds/conditions.

Edited by hideo kuze

Agree with that, Karranthian... but maybe with a different moderator, or none at all! Maybe more livestreams is the answer, but somewhat more structured than today's one?

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Aumaua sounds interesting. A Maritime culture, bipedial/humaniod and bigger then humans. Prefers coastal areas and islands. We have the sixth race.

What they look like beyond that I don't know. I keep picturing Squid face from pirates of the caribbean movies only bigger.