Screenshot... what ya'll think

It reminds me Grim Dawn a bit. Can't say that I am very impressed, but this is certainly a very early build. I am also a little surprised that it looks photorealistic - I thought they would go for more stylised look. And don't worry about camera angle, I am sure it isn't fixed yet.

I hope you can change the camera angle with the mouse wheel in the game.

Haha, just kidding ;)

The screenshot is very promising. Hope the water will be fully animated.

I can't stop grinning at that image. :D

I wonder how much animation the scenery is gonna have? I don't mind if they stick to BG2-level background animations but with modern tech you could prerender a lot more background frames in a lot less time. Might end up looking ridiculously nice, then.

For open exterior environments, we are experimenting (as in this image) with rendering scenes from an angle that is closer to Fallout and Fallout 2, about 15 degrees lower than the BG/IWD camera angles. There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that tall vertical objects can be seen in greater detail. Because the environments are open, the practical issues of overlapping walls and obstructions are not usually a problem. We will continue to experiment with this angle and the higher angle on interiors to see what mix works.

• Like 3

For open exterior environments, we are experimenting (as in this image) with rendering scenes from an angle that is closer to Fallout and Fallout 2, about 15 degrees lower than the BG/IWD camera angles. There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that tall vertical objects can be seen in greater detail. Because the environments are open, the practical issues of overlapping walls and obstructions are not usually a problem. We will continue to experiment with this angle and the higher angle on interiors to see what mix works.

Apparently this non-isometric view is called cavalier oblique, I like it.

I can't stop grinning at that image. :D

I wonder how much animation the scenery is gonna have? I don't mind if they stick to BG2-level background animations but with modern tech you could prerender a lot more background frames in a lot less time. Might end up looking ridiculously nice, then.

On a related note, I'm also curious about the number of enemies we'll have on screen at once, as well as the size of those enemies. Am still more than pleased with the screenie, tho. Will allow myself a quiet moment to bask before the other questions start intruding too much. :)

When I saw the scale of those statues, that's exactly the type of reasoning that came to my mind for the angle perspective.

I like it, because to me it gives a grander sense of object scale than some more top-down angles, but I wouldn't mind/object if it it was slightly reduced, either, particularly indoors. Whatever works best.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Meh, it looks too cartoony, I knew they should have went with Cryengine :devil:

Serious Time: Holy ****, that looks fantastic! I'd download that for my art collection even if it was just non-game render - I can't wait to see these in game together with all of the animation and character models. A lot of animation and trickery can be done with just a little clever use of shaders and particle systems (which Unity3D provides a wonderful interface for).

That entrance, with the statues, exudes a feeling of ancient menace. I can't wait to see what lies inside...

It also allows us render things out at 1440p, which is 3.7M pixels per screen compared to the resolution of the later Infinity Engine games of .5M pixels per screen.

http://www.gameinfor...of-new-rpg.aspx

I'm a little surprised that they are not rendering the scenes with at least 1080p.

Don't get me wrong, it still looks fantastic! :)

1440p is a higher resolution than 1080p, unless I completely misunderstood your post.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot