Screenshot... what ya'll think

I ike how it looks, but i'm wondering about layers. For instance, there are bushes and other partial obstructions of the camera in the shot- I kindof assume you can walk 'behind' them, but it's hard to tell from a mockup.

IIRC, back in BG they did a kind of fade if you walked behind an overlaid graphic. Fallout had something comparable; I think it faded an area surrounding the character. Other games have done similar, so I'd expect it (or maybe something better) for PE.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Jaw ----> floor. Drool ... Words fail me. I'm sorry, I love the old Infinity Enginge games, but this is ... something else. I always associated Infinity games with "great games but a bit dated graphics (which does not mean they could not look pretty)" ... this is a much higher level of graphics than I expected Project Eternity to have ...

As I donated through Paypal ... can I also "up my pledge"?

1. huh, the size of the avatars must be pretty tiny. Too tiny perhaps. (look at the campsite)

2. The water forms waves...but not circular around the waterfall, but linear from the top left of the screen down to the bottom right. I'm not sure why I noticed that, but it somewhat bothers me :-/

...aaaaanyhow. It's a pretty nifty picture.

1. huh, the size of the avatars must be pretty tiny. Too tiny perhaps. (look at the campsite)

or the game will be zoomed in more than this screenshot

True that. The screenshot might be an overall view of a complete area...with you being able to only see a fraction of that in the finished product. The water still bothers me a little, though :-/.

Note the boat in the lower-left corner for scale, the door is huge. It is a good deal more zoomed-out than planescape was.

The camera-angle does seem lower than in IE games though.

The boat is certainly quite small compared to the gate. But are the bushes in front of the bridge gigantic? The characters are probably 1.5 to 2 times larger than the campfire across the river.

And I certainly hope that they widen the angle. at least a few tens of degrees.

Don't see the issue. Baldur's Gate II and IceWind Dale (both) had plenty of these small maps to be dungeon introductions. It looks just good for that.

And the water wouldn't be completely done yet (remember release date 2014) so I wouldn't worry about that a bit either...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Absolutely amazing. I wasn't expecting this to look as good as it does. I am really, really looking forward to this. I'm on a reasonable wage and I put forth (what I consider) a fairly substantial kickstarter pledge; it's extremely reassuring for me to see this screenshot.

"The higher you place your faith in one man the farther it has to fall."

I can't help but feel that there could be a cryptic message in there somewhere... :p

* The doorway is BIG, there's bound to be giant creatures in there

* In the middle of the waterfall there's an angry "lion" face

* Campsite, is this an indication of "You can rest here"-mechanic before heading into the dungeon?

* By the boat, it's really only a rock but if you zoom it looks like it has a nostrils, beard and hair that falls back.

* Marks by the entrance wall

It is simply breath taking :D

It reminds me Grim Dawn a bit. Can't say that I am very impressed, but this is certainly a very early build. I am also a little surprised that it looks photorealistic - I thought they would go for more stylised look. And don't worry about camera angle, I am sure it isn't fixed yet.

a very beautiful scene with a possible evil god's temple entrance. iirc in previous rpg games, evilish things are generally related to ugly, crippled, corrupt themes. this one is a nice approach.

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.
He once was alive, but now he's dead.
The last woman he bedded turned out to be a man
And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

Just had a little artgasm when I saw that. The graphics are (as expected) gorgeous, but the statues are what got me. Beautiful people depicted as rotting, decayed, but still alive... ooo, imagination's all afire now.

Want.

• Like 1

I am also a little surprised that it looks photorealistic - I thought they would go for more stylised look.

I'm not.

Stylised seems more used by 3D games to mask bad graphics by being unique. Since this is all hand-drawn, it doesn't need to require such masking, and they can make it as stunning s their artists can possibly make it. And I love it.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee