Screenshot... what ya'll think

I was kind of expecting to see some placeholder characters in there. But for pure environment work its fantastic. Now to see it in motion.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It looks great but I wasn't expecting anything else either. I'm sure characters will look great as well.

The interface is the most interesting part for me.

Edited by Zed
  • Like 1

It's nice graphically, but hopefully that would just be part of a larger area map. Otherwise it might be a bit cramped for a combat encounter.

Like the almanac idea as well. Kudos!

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

As pretty as the Witcher 2. The little campsite by the river intrigues me, does that broken bridge lead to another door? Are those stone statues actually weathering into corpses? Do we arrive via that boat or by the road?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I think I speak for everyone here in saying this screenshot is exactly what we were all hoping for and we're all very pleased. Thank you very much Obsidian for delivering.

The same goes for the lore.

Edited by Godwin
  • Like 1

As pretty as Witcher 2 ? Hm. For a WIP it looked pretty promising, I like the statues

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very, very nice. Man, it feels good to go back to the days when the background of an RPG is a work of art in and of itself rather than just being cut and paste duplication of some generic dungeon.

Edited by Death Machine Miyagi

I also was half really wanting to see some character models or the like, but i suppose that would have been asking for a lot this early. Looking forward to what else they put out in the future weeks. Keep building up the hype even after the kickstarter ends. And i agree with whoever said it earlier that it did look a little small, but perhaps thats just a map right before you enter the dungeon where the statues are...

It was pretty amazing, for a WIP especially. At first sight, I thought it was a photograph =] , without looking at details.

Later I noticed the statues are seemingly anorexic, well at least one is, and somebody has removed part of their abdomen.

Edited by kenup

It does look great. But isn't the angle a bit too low and the area too small for an isometric game? It seems more like a screenshot from a point-and-click adventure game.

I'm sure they can zoom the camera in or out.

edit: oh I think you mean the angle. the first clue is where you used the word angle haha my bad

Edited by ogrezilla

It was pretty amazing, for a WIP especially. At first sight, I thought it was a photograph =] , without looking at details.

Later I noticed the statues are seemingly anorexic, well at least one is, and somebody has removed part of their abdomen.

The fact that they seem to be showing bodies decaying really opens a lot of questions.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It does look great. But isn't the angle a bit too low and the area too small for an isometric game? It seems more like a screenshot from a point-and-click adventure game.

Note the boat in the lower-left corner for scale, the door is huge. It is a good deal more zoomed-out than planescape was.

The camera-angle does seem lower than in IE games though.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Would be my response.

(Now hope anyone actually clicks to hear, unlike the progress report #20 thread).

Bonus points for someone recognising the game it's from :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee