Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

nice. someone (not me) should throw a mockup ui on there too :yes:

Actually 3d characters will look much better (especially in dynamic), you may look on screenshots of ToEE.

@Milten; I just wrote "Baldur's Gate" in google and took the first I found pretty much :p

@ogrezilla; I couldn't help myself #2 xD

@Obsidian; <3

http://i8.photobucke...zps0d293611.jpg

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Five days to reach 3,5 million? You are mad sir, quite mad indeed. But we wouldn't be ladies and gentlemen if we didn't damn well try. Load the catapults!

I remain optimistic, and even if we 'only' get to 3.4 it's not like they're going to use those last $400,000 for hookers and blow.

Edit: Probably.

Hookers and blow LMFAO. Seriously LMFAO think I peed myself a bit.

Dyrwood, Free Palatinate of - The independent nation that was formerly a colony and later a large, remote duchy of the Aedyr Empire. Led by their duke, Admeth Hadret, the people successfully fought for their independence over an excessively burdensome campaign to colonize the dangerous ruins of Eír Glanfath. Despite the fact that they are no longer, properly speaking, a palatinate (nor a duchy), the people of Dyrwood continue to refer to their home as a "Free Palatinate" out of pride. Most residents of the Dyrwood are Aedyr humans, elves, and dwarves, but many are also culturally integrated orlans or children of Glanfathan elves. Despite having fought a war with the Aedyr Empire in the past, they are now trading partners and have maintained few grudges. Their one continued point of contention is exploration and colonization of Eír Glanfath, which Aedyr continues to push through official and unofficial means.

Magran - The Aedyran name for a goddess of war and fire. Her priests commonly employ firearms and some helped construct the "Godhammer" bomb used to destroy St. Waidwen. Following the Saint's War, she became the most popular faith in Dyrwood. In Aedyr, her symbol is a flame, but in Dyrwood, it is a flaming bomb. Worship of Magran is extensively persecuted in Readceras.

orlan - A race of people found mostly in northern, temperate climates but also as far south as the Dyrwood. Physically, they are notable for their small stature, two-toned skin, and exceptionally large, hair-covered ears. Due to their size, orlans have been victimized and marginalized by most of the cultures with whom they have come into contact. As a result, it is rare to find large communities of them and they have progressively retreated into heavily wooded environments over the last few centuries. Many orlan communities have also adopted brutal guerilla tactics including heavy use of traps and poison in the surrounding environment. As a result, even orlans raised in urban cultures often share their rural kin's nasty reputation.

The lore is amazing. I'm like the story already but I hope I don't incite the ire of to many people as I now nitpick three parts of the lore. First is the Dyrwood, Free Palatinate of, how is this currently independant nation still being pressured by the Aedyr to colonize Eír Glanfath even though the reason they fought for independance was that exact colonization effort? Second, as I read that Magran's symbol in Dyrwood was a flaming bomb, my face twitched and I started frowning. ...That symbol had best look badass. and third, the Orlan..*edited out* apparently, I read the last two sentences wrong.

Campaign Almanac

*Text place holder*

$3.0 Million - Stronghold

At $2.0 Million, your support funded a player house. Inspired by features like The Sink found in Fallout: New Vegas Old World Blues, the house is a convenient place to store gear, interact with companions, craft items (thanks to the $2.4 Million stretch goal), rest, and buy and sell from special merchants. Some of you wanted something that went beyond the standard player house, allowing you to take control of a full stronghold and its surrounding lands. Well-done strongholds provide players with the ability to make large scale changes, undertake special quests, customize the contents of the stronghold and the surrounding environment, and engage in light strategic gameplay between adventures. If we hit $3.0 Million, we will build a stronghold worthy of the title!

$3.5 Million - Big City #2

Baldur's Gate and Athkatla are big cities. Spanning multiple large maps with a ton of interiors, characters and quests, big cities are a lot of fun. Like strongholds, they also take a lot of work to do well. We're going to have one big city in Project Eternity. Would you like two? If you take us on an exciting adventure to $3.5 Million, we will take you on an exciting adventure to another big city.

Environment Screenshot

*Text and Picture placeholder*

I love the 3.0 Million Stretch goal and enjoyed the environment screen shot. ...For the 3.5 Million stretch goal, I'm inbetween. I'd like more oceanic lore, factions/regions, and naval exploration but I guess a big city would also be good too. Campaign Almanac is awesome too. :D

I love the 3.0 Million Stretch goal and enjoyed the environment screen shot. ...For the 3.5 Million stretch goal, I'm inbetween. I'd like more oceanic lore, factions/regions, and naval exploration but I guess a big city would also be good too. Campaign Almanac is awesome too. :D

my completely uninformed prediction is the expansion involves more naval exploration and whatnot while the main game is more localized.

Edited by ogrezilla

Supremely well played on Obsidian's part.

If I was more of a masochist for wanting to watch people twist themselves into Romney-esque pretzels, I'd track down those day 3 people who complained that Obsidian didn't know what it was doing with it's Kickstarter and was failing.

Before badmouthing someone, you should make really sure that you're correct. The $50 tier was added later.

I hope you now deservedly feel like an idiot.

*plonk*

Nope, when I pledged the $50 was there. Afterwards the $65 physical (but darn shipping). I decided not to go 50 since the bonuses compared to 35 were meaningless to me (telephone ringtone etc. Meh). The book definitely WASN'T on it. And now... it is.

So they are able to change stuff.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Shut up and take my money! Went from 35 to 88 dollars (as planned). Can't afford the 140 dollar tier though :(

Josh/someone from Obsidian, any info on when we can get that Almanac? Sometime before the game is out or when it's actually released?

Hate the living, love the dead.

Oh man, every time we hit the goal I've been hoping we make it too, they add something even better that I badly want to see. The 3.5 million update may be a bit too ambitious, but I really hope they can hit it.

Unfortunately, the postage costs to outside of the US make it far too expensive for me to upgrade my pledge. Sorry :(

I've been watching the ticker and if it keeps going at this rate it be 2.7million in by the time I get up tommorrow, maybe before I go to bed. That will be two stretch Goals achieved in one day (if we don't include paypal). The ticker hit 2.6 million this morning and if the current rate continues we could see 2.7 million today too.

I like the screenshot a lot. It's just like the BG/BG2 ones, only it looks much better.

The 3.5 million stretch goal is a good one to have, I think. I really like big cities (although I like wilderness, too) in games when they are done right, so this would be a huge bonus to the game to have. I've been borderline on even donating (I'm cautious like that) but first they announced at least some support of modding and now another city? Yeah, I think I'm in finally.

• Like 1

Great lore! Religious wars led by bomb building fanatic priests?! I love it :grin:

The screenshot is beautiful! Excellent work.

Reaching the 3.5 million goal would be great ... I love big cities and having 2 of them in the game would be awesome.

Just increased my pledge. ;)

I was just staring at that screenshot for minutes...amazing. That's the problem with Kickstarter funded games - they rarely have anything to show - and people rarely have the imagination or trust to lay down some money before seeing something tangible.

I guess my only concern re the two big cities would be if 80% of the content or something ended up being based in those 2 places. I'm all for the second city, but I really want there to be loads of fairly random wilderness areas to explore a la BG1 and I wouldn't want these to disappear as a result of promising the second huge settlement.

• Like 3