Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

"While I know it might seem financially irresponsible at first glance, I now get free shipping!"

Any other ideas of what to tell her?

How about "Honey, you look like you're gaining a few pounds, may I suggest you go on a diet? And could we spend the money we saved on the grocery bill on my Kickstarter pledge instead?"

That should do the trick! Glad to be of help! Do let us know how you get on..........

BTW, and I don't want to be rude, but what exactly is the purpose of this image?

Seems to big to be used as a signature.

I was asleep last night. Its for FB Banner lol

Would have been helpful to add that in :D

Thanks man

D0k1G.jpg

I saw an interview with Vin where he was kind of accused of D&D geekery and he was damn proud. He got Judy Dench playing a game on the set of the Chronicles of Riddick.

As I understand Dame Judy Dench mentioned that she would Dungeon Master for her children. That's why he bugged her to do it for him.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

^ You think making dark-skinned characters slavers is politically-correct?

It really isn't. Remember a certain Hollywood movie, based on a historically accurate book, having to leave indigenous West African slavers out of the movie because of the uproar from the left?

Maybe you can see it both ways, which is clever, but making a dark-skinned race slavers is quite radical and / or subversive.

The fact of the matter is that over the course of human history many cultures used slavery. Take a look where the word "slave" comes from (Slav, as in white slaves from the Baltic who went on to serve as high level administrators in the Almohad empire. The Almohads, of course, were North African Muslims).

Because our most recent memory of slavery comes from the African-American experience, naturally we look at the subject heavily from that PoV. But it isn't the whole sorry story.

*note, only had 2 hours sleep, fuzzy brain writing to follow* Maybe there is nothing to it, but like I said, I had my suspicion way before they made this anouncement that they were going to make the slavers dark skinned (its an american thing for those not in the US). It is NOT radical or new, it is just a form of political correct version. PC version: It is ok for dark skinned to enslave other races/ethnic groups, but its not ok for a non dark skinned to be slavers and have dark skinned slaves. Again, this is after they caved so quickly to even the little bit of criticism on the boobarmour (note, I do think the boobarmour was ugly, but the changes made the armour uglier and too unisex for my liking). I really am sick to death of politically correct games who try and avoid controversy. If they wanted to avoid controversy in a way that wasn't so blantant PC, they could have created a colony formed from traders and merchants from different regions and ethnics who are unified in making profit with less legal interference. Think of bioshocks backstory of why the underground city was made, to allow capitalism and innovation without government interference, allowing natural market forces decide what is acceptible and not. Again, maybe there is nothing to this, but I am still suspiscous, also, if the only sexism (or other controversy that reverses the roles to be PC) in the game is from women to men in some BS reasoning, then I will be VERY dissapointed.

Still, the other stuff isn't bad, that was my biggest gripe. *end fuzy brain writing*

*note, only had 2 hours sleep, fuzzy brain writing to follow* Maybe there is nothing to it, but like I said, I had my suspicion way before they made this anouncement that they were going to make the slavers dark skinned (its an american thing for those not in the US). It is NOT radical or new, it is just a form of political correct version. PC version: It is ok for dark skinned to enslave other races/ethnic groups, but its not ok for a non dark skinned to be slavers and have dark skinned slaves. Again, this is after they caved so quickly to even the little bit of criticism on the boobarmour (note, I do think the boobarmour was ugly, but the changes made the armour uglier and too unisex for my liking). I really am sick to death of politically correct games who try and avoid controversy. If they wanted to avoid controversy in a way that wasn't so blantant PC, they could have created a colony formed from traders and merchants from different regions and ethnics who are unified in making profit with less legal interference. Think of bioshocks backstory of why the underground city was made, to allow capitalism and innovation without government interference, allowing natural market forces decide what is acceptible and not. Again, maybe there is nothing to this, but I am still suspiscous, also, if the only sexism (or other controversy that reverses the roles to be PC) in the game is from women to men in some BS reasoning, then I will be VERY dissapointed.

Still, the other stuff isn't bad, that was my biggest gripe. *end fuzy brain writing*

Shrug. We're all descended from kings and slaves.

Perhaps the best solution is just to have a mix of cultures and biases; let the players decide for themselves what they don't like. :)

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I had my suspicion way before they made this anouncement that they were going to make the slavers dark skinned (its an american thing for those not in the US). It is NOT radical or new, it is just a form of political correct version.

I really am sick to death of politically correct games who try and avoid controversy.

This sounds like you are letting your bias run away with you.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is why we need to cast the high-level spell :: Summon Vin Diesel ::

He's a hardcore gamer and a very nice guy to boot.

I would like to see a Vin cameo in this game if he pledges. Riddick the Barbarian! How do we contact him, he's not on Twitter.

That would be fun, very fun.

Hmm, looks like ImageShack doesn't like my BG2 UI manip very much. Let's try that again with a different host, unless Obsidian objects of course.

Eternal Gate 2

If I might make a note: the party members look perhaps a little too large. They need to be able to individually fit into that tent and not swamp the canoe.

Or maybe it's just the perspective and my old eyes are deceiving me. :)

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I just realized that this explains the popularity or Lack of of Godlike in some places. If your a Godlike of a fire and war Goddess then your going to be unpopular where she's unpopular and popular where she is well loved. Same with the God of Light and Redemption, if your his Godlike your just not going to be popular in the Dyerwood.

Not really, most tents are smaller than people (after all, you lie in them), and most canoes are for a single person.

It looks right by me...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Let's get this straight: Cadegund is a gun-toting, firearms-obsessed combat priestess. She worships a goddess who encourages the use of very large bombs to cleanse the world of heretics. She's also not too uneasy on the eye.

Maybe I'm changing my mind on the whole romance thing*.

*This is of course a joke.

Not heretics. An avatar of another god who was oppressing everyone else.

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

Let's get this straight: Cadegund is a gun-toting, firearms-obsessed combat priestess. She worships a goddess who encourages the use of very large bombs to cleanse the world of heretics. She's also not too uneasy on the eye.

Maybe I'm changing my mind on the whole romance thing*.

*This is of course a joke.

Not heretics. An avatar of another god who was oppressing everyone else.

Well, we know ("know" for lack of good historical record because winners make history) that any number of indigenous religions have been wiped out over the ages and certain elements of their practice were subsumed for use by the "winning" religion, and even those indigenous deities turned to represent something else. :p (Also, see Easter.) It'd be interesting to uncover something like that in PE.

Noooo, no more spoiling, I'm still feeling 'gack' about Cadegund and Magran!

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Vailians are the biggest slave traffickers in this region, but they are by no means the biggest group of slavers. Vailians buy most of their slaves from coastal traders all over the southern hemisphere. Additionally, slavery is legal in Dyrwood and among the Aedyr in general. Finally, ethnic Vailian does not equal Vailian. The Vailian Republics are an ethnically mixed culture, though clearly dominated by ethnic Vailians (as the Dyrwood is dominated by ethnic Aedyr).

• Like 3

Vailians are the biggest slave traffickers in this region, but they are by no means the biggest group of slavers. Vailians buy most of their slaves from coastal traders all over the southern hemisphere. Additionally, slavery is legal in Dyrwood and among the Aedyr in general. Finally, ethnic Vailian does not equal Vailian. The Vailian Republics are an ethnically mixed culture, though clearly dominated by ethnic Vailians (as the Dyrwood is dominated by ethnic Aedyr).

As another history major who is also creating his own fantasy world...

I see your education peeking through. 8)

What an update.

The screenshot looks awesome and love the lore snippets.

As its going it looks like we will get the Stronghold but im pessimistic about us reaching the 3.5 million mark. Even though im tempted to increase my pledge to $100 even though im broke atm

Do we know when the Alamanac will be release? Id quite like it before the actual game so I can use it to sate/fuel my excitement

Edited by Cassius

Well, at least they did not make some race the token race that everybody hates like I mentioned in other threads..oh..wait ...

Elven names, yea, a little too much elven names around, don't humans and the other races get to name anything?

Human beings pretty consistently abuse people and animals that are physically smaller and weaker than them. It's not a matter of people hating orlans; it's a matter of a subset of people being able to get away with physically overpowering them and taking advantage of that.

There are only two things in the update that have what would be considered uniquely "elven" names: Eír Glanfath and biamhac. Everything else is either Aedyran or Vailian.

• Like 6

There are quite many clues that he is thinking of colonization as one of the themes in his recent interviews. Also, I've gotten an impression that he likes missionary themed materials.

http://shadeheart.com/2012/10/an-interview-with-josh-sawyer/

B: Apart from other games, what would you cite as your influences (with regards to Project Eternity)?

JS: Personally, I take a lot of inspiration from history. Because Project Eternity is set during an era of exploration and colonization, I’m looking at the interactions, violent and otherwise, between colonizing and colonized cultures. I’m interested in exploring daily friction and the difficulties that people run into when they try to live in the area between two (or more) cultures. There are famous “great men of history” examples like T.E. Lawrence, but I’m more interested in figures of lesser notoriety like the Italian Jesuit Matteo Ricci or Jean Baptiste Charbonneau, the son of Sacagawea. Also, I find some of the more contemporary “reverse” colonization trends like the French Congo’s La SAPE movement fascinating. I’m also starting to look in more detail at the state of epistemology and metaphysics in the medieval world prior to the rise of humanist thought, mostly exemplified by writers like Thomas Aquinas and William of Ockham. The printing press doesn’t exist yet in the world of Project Eternity and academic disciplines still tend to be elitist and exclusionary. Popular movements, on the rare occasion that they do occur, tend to be driven by passion and basic human needs rather than any sort of widespread philosophical movement.