Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

3.5 million is possible and realistic, here's why:

Planetary Annihilation's trend 5 days before it finished was about 1.9 million.

Using stretch goals, Uber was able to up the trend to 2.2 million in 5 days.

Project Eternity has 5 days left and its trend is currently at 3.1 million.

If we assume the same relative growth for PE, we can expect PE's final trend to end up at (2.2/1.9)*3.1 = 3.6 million!

Fingers crossed :)

Here's a question, what happens after 3.5 million? Will they have stretch goals for 3.6 million to 4 million just in case or just add another big City at 4 million or a Stronghold as big as a big city?

We'll see if it gets that far. Seems unlikely though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yes, yes, and yes. That is not cartoony graphics. I loved the graphics from BG 2/Icewindale. I think that until Skyrim and F:NV, they weren't paralleled. I don't need Skyrim or F:NV graphics though, and think that for the subject, these are better. I would rather the bulk of the time and money be spent on the writing and scripting, vice animations and scalable bodies.

"1 is 1"

Here's a question, what happens after 3.5 million? Will they have stretch goals for 3.6 million to 4 million just in case or just add another big City at 4 million or a Stronghold as big as a big city?

Usually at this point, that's where it stops. You don't want to have a bunch of goals that wasn't attained so you need to find a point to stop.

• Like 1

If you can help it you do NOT want an unattained goal hanging there... unless you so ridiculously kept meeting goals it wasn't funny (again, like OotS.)

Obsidian is already successful. Very successful. At this point, if I were them, I'd sit back and coast the last few days.

• Like 2

I'm ok now.. *Picks self up off floor*

It's just that... player stronghold.. tantalising lore... almanac/lorebook... OMG 2nd City!!!.. so many classes and companions.. the promise of deep, rich story....MegaDungeon!... a developer team oozing talent... Infinity games nostalgia....freedom from publishers.... That Screenshot!!... a proper expansion.. an Adventurer's Hall....expert modes with lots of options... a novella by Chris Avellone... a new, rich, artistically free IP/world to explore, that we have helped create... that screenshot!!!......Project Eternity is just dripping with promise and potential....

*collapses on floor again'*

Squeeee! A second city would be...... we must do this!

• Like 3

I do not love the screenshot. I think I made it clearl elsewhere that I prefer more stylised graphics, though. And it's not that I hate it or anything. It's just that I'm always hopeful that games I want to play will eschew photorealism. So it's not like I'll hold it against the game or anything. At this point, I'm used to everything going for photorealism.

I know that designing/programming for a new big city makes it a more difficult item to implement, but I'd prefer the $3 million and $3.5 million stretch goals reversed. I prefer another big city than a stronghold. So hopefully we hit $3.5 million.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I know that designing/programming for a new big city makes it a more difficult item to implement, but I'd prefer the $3 million and $3.5 million stretch goals reversed. I prefer another big city than a stronghold. So hopefully we hit $3.5 million.

I'd prefer that too. Strongholds aren't that interesting to me. Honestly I prefer something like The Sink to NWN2's stronghold.

Great project. I have to disagree, im perfectly happy with the 3.0 million and 3.5 million stretch goals. Strongholds in game, like in Baldurs gate 2, and NWN 2, are a feature that has never really been fleshed out and done well. Its a feature that always gets mentioned (jade empire, Early Dragon age origins) but ends up somehow always getting cut or given short shift (Cross roads keep being the best implemented example thusfar imo. Putting this in at 3.0 is what is getting me to finally loosen my meager purse strings :D

• Like 1

Let's get this straight: Cadegund is a gun-toting, firearms-obsessed combat priestess. She worships a goddess who encourages the use of very large bombs to cleanse the world of heretics. She's also not too uneasy on the eye.

Maybe I'm changing my mind on the whole romance thing*.

*This is of course a joke.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

You folks are absolutely EVIL!

When that poll was around "What would make you pledge more" I answered "Nothing short of a hefty raise from my employer"...

So when, unexpectedly, that raise finally came true yesterday, what do I see today? You post THIS!

Dammit, that's spooky.

Just doubled my pledge :w00t:

Wait a minute there!

Obsidian convinced your employer to give you a raise so you can back at a higher tier?

Hoy Obsidian! I got this pending job application. Any chance you can speed up their reply and make it a positive one? I'll up my pledge as well ;)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).