Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

I guess my only concern re the two big cities would be if 80% of the content or something ended up being based in those 2 places. I'm all for the second city, but I really want there to be loads of fairly random wilderness areas to explore a la BG1 and I wouldn't want these to disappear as a result of promising the second huge settlement.

Wouldn't most of these outdoor thingies already be planned and partially executed.

I hardly doubt if they make a new city they move every quest over there. Maybe some questgivers could move (even if their quest is still in the 'wild') though...

Yeah, not seeing it happen.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The lore is amazing. I'm like the story already but I hope I don't incite the ire of to many people as I now nitpick three parts of the lore. First is the Dyrwood, Free Palatinate of, how is this currently independant nation still being pressured by the Aedyr to colonize Eír Glanfath even though the reason they fought for independance was that exact colonization effort? Second, as I read that Magran's symbol in Dyrwood was a flaming bomb, my face twitched and I started frowning. ...That symbol had best look badass.

The Aedyr Empire trades with Dyrwood and citizens of the Aedyr often travel to (and through) Dyrwood. Sometimes the empire sends exploring agents/adventuring companies to the Dyrwood under false pretenses (or through false fronts).

Magran's Dyrwood symbol can be seen on Cadegund's breastplate.

• Like 6

ORLY. ... .... ....... I'm not sure if I should be feeling elated to know that or anxious that I was just spoiled about something. Gack.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

It actually sounds fairly close to the United States and British Empire. After all, there were many people who fought against England who were either overtly or putatively English sympathizers who saw themselves as fighting more or less for equal rights and representation. In fact, since they didn't have a few hundred years for their thinking to get set in stone, the fact is that many Americans right after the revolutionary war thought the government and fragile alliance would not stand for very long. Even after the adoption of the constitution, there were many people who thought it could go either way. There was Britain and France, and different factions wanted to go to war with either one of them all through our early Republic. Then there's the empire impressing folks to man ships, which truly smacks of the very beginning of the 19th century. The relationship between Aedyr and Drywood isn't merely feasible, it has a lot of real world historical elements to it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot who constantly leaves out words that literally change the meaning of the sentence.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The lore is amazing. I'm like the story already but I hope I don't incite the ire of to many people as I now nitpick three parts of the lore. First is the Dyrwood, Free Palatinate of, how is this currently independant nation still being pressured by the Aedyr to colonize Eír Glanfath even though the reason they fought for independance was that exact colonization effort? Second, as I read that Magran's symbol in Dyrwood was a flaming bomb, my face twitched and I started frowning. ...That symbol had best look badass.

The Aedyr Empire trades with Dyrwood and citizens of the Aedyr often travel to (and through) Dyrwood. Sometimes the empire sends exploring agents/adventuring companies to the Dyrwood under false pretenses (or through false fronts).

Thanks LoL, That works. :D was mostly just hoping for something that wasn't to cartoony. and for the Aedyr influence of Dyrwood, you just gave me an image of the illuminati and that works good too. hahaha these guys and their shadow governments.

ORLY. ... .... ....... I'm not sure if I should be feeling elated to know that or anxious that I was just spoiled about something. Gack.

and this just made me laugh.

It actually sounds fairly close to the United States and British Empire. After all, there were many people who fought against England who were either overtly or putatively English sympathizers who saw themselves as fighting more or less for equal rights and representation. In fact, since they didn't have a few hundred years for their thinking to get set in stone, the fact is that many Americans right after the revolutionary war thought the government and fragile alliance would not stand for very long. Even after the adoption of the constitution, there were many people who thought it could go either way. There was Britain and France, and different factions wanted to go to war with either one of them all through our early Republic. Then there's the empire impressing folks to man ships, which truly smacks of the very beginning of the 19th century. The relationship between Aedyr and Drywood isn't merely feasible, it has a lot of real world historical elements to it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot who constantly leaves out words that literally change the meaning of the sentence.

That is understandable for their relationship but aren't these two nations on the same continent or closer than Britain and America? ..and Britain did not influence America's idea of Manifest Destiny to my understanding? ...I guess it depends on who the most influencial / powerful people in the country are..

Edited by Aeristal

Of course, Aeristal. There are similarities and differences. My point isn't that the lore is the same as Britain/America. I'm not even saying that the lore is based on the real world. I'm just saying that these relationships are feasible, which I believe they are.

...But I'm not trying to put you down. I think questions and speculation are why we come here. For that reason, I'm all for you poking at the lore and questioning it. After all, the devs might take offense at my assessment more than yours. I think the lore has a big, broad back for carrying some great stories, but that doesn't mean folks shouldn't think about it critically or that it's an insult if they do.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow, that screenshot is beautiful. Well done to the artists.

I am seriously loving this update, and hoping we make the $3.5m goal.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Hope you guys dont mind (if you do PM me and I'll remove it) but I created this for myself and figured it was a waste not to pass it on

http://www.mediafire...4p8xu6jdscem58l

D0k1G.jpg

imgur.com is your friend

BTW, and I don't want to be rude, but what exactly is the purpose of this image?

Seems to big to be used as a signature.

Edited by hideo kuze

Hope you guys dont mind (if you do PM me and I'll remove it) but I created this for myself and figured it was a waste not to pass it on

http://www.mediafire...4p8xu6jdscem58l

D0k1G.jpg

imgur.com is your friend

BTW, and I don't want to be rude, but what exactly is the purpose of this image?

Seems to big to be used as a signature.

Look at the name of the file, it's been resized to fit as a Facebook cover photo.

Really liking it btw :)

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Not to be repetitive, but very nice!

As for the stronghold: I am really looking forward to it. Suggestion: you don't need and probably wont want to design one for every profession. A place is more about who and what you add to it. An abandoned / haunted / infested caravanseri can be adapted to any number of purposes. Nearby fields could be made into training grounds or an entmoot or a temple. The basement could be a magic lab or a gym or a brewery. The tower could be a weapons station, a soul sanctum or house an astrolabe. There is a lot you can do from a single base.

The overall excitement with PE, that beautiful screenshot and Josh's persona ... all of that together made me giggle a couple of times when watching the video.

:p

As for the update. It was great... almost purrrfect.

But I was disappointed in not having a stretch goal for more companions.

I would more than gladly replace the stronghold with another two companions, or even one.

How about a 3.6M goal for 2 more companions? :wub:

Edited by hideo kuze

3.5 million is possible and realistic, here's why:

Planetary Annihilation's trend 5 days before it finished was about 1.9 million.

Using stretch goals, Uber was able to up the trend to 2.2 million in 5 days.

Project Eternity has 5 days left and its trend is currently at 3.1 million.

If we assume the same relative growth for PE, we can expect PE's final trend to end up at (2.2/1.9)*3.1 = 3.6 million!

Fingers crossed :)

Edited by Starlyght
  • Like 1

This screenshot is magnificent, however it leaves certain technical details in the air:

- How much of it is actually animated? If this waterfall and river are completely static it won't be very convincing.

- Shall we take the availability of the screenshot in 2560x1440 as a sign the backgrounds are rendered for that resolution and will be dynamically downscaled for lower ones? (please say yes)

- It's hard to tell if this render uses an orthographic or perspective projection, which one is it? Which one will be used for the game? I would assume orthographic, but 2d games have faked perspective in the past, i.e. Diablo 2.

- Is the point of view representative of what will be used in the game, in terms of camera angle and altitude?

Edited by Zeckul