Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

I did a terrible job of the post, and if you can do better, please do

http://www.reddit.co...ing_soon_first/

but lets upvote whatever we can find to try to get this to the front page of reddit to reach the 3.5M goal

Way to cowboy up, J. I upvoted already. It can't hurt and it just might help!

cowboy up is a phrase you just don't hear as often as you should.

• Like 2

Oh. My. God.

I'm delirious.

Pledge going from $20 to $160. This is the excuse I've been waiting for to get myself the Collectors Edition box. Stupid thing is I'll probably have to pay import tax on it, too, and that's money I could have given to Obsidian :(

I really do wish we'll reach the $3.5kk goal! Will pledges after the kickstarter period, through PayPal, still count towards this goal?

Technically we arent buying anything from them. We are pledging money to them and they give us stuff as gifts. So they should be labeled as gifts. I definitely would like that considering my country's 25% tax rate and insane paper-trail prices.

I've imported things a lot in the past, and the whole "gift" thing means nothing I'm afraid. You still pay the import tax (plus £10 handling fee to parcel force, if you're in the UK), unless your package magically passes through customs without anyone paying attention to it (that's happened, too).
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Nice update. Please if you can, give us a $165 tier for those who have selected $140 physical tier or less....the jump from 140 to 250 is too steep! :) My preference would be adding in the free copy of the expansion!

Kudos on the Lore. That stuff is great....and nice locale in the picture. Odd statue that looks like some gorgeous Walking Dead victim :)

Edited by Ashram

It would be really nice to have Physical addons for Hard Cover versions of the Collector's Book and Campaign Almanac. Those are the only things I would want to add. I don't want to add anything else from any tier above $65, but I would pay $25 or $30 extra a piece for the books. Don't care about T shirts or mouse pads.

Also, why no physical box expansion add on?

• Like 1

I'm so excited about this new game!!

The screanshot is very good, reminds me on Baldurs Gate 1... But keep in mind that extremly detailed view will be like eating only the finest chocolate, I suggest the most of the location part to be simple (elegant and with mood but simple) So you guys will acheive the effect of contrast between location and some kind the effect of surprise, example: You walk though a tundra environment with some trees around, nothing special (beautiful but simple) , and after 15-20min scouting you suddenly find a beautifull tree with different leaves, and little spring next to the tree. In this case you 1: will be surprised more than ever from the different view 2: will understand that this is something special 3: defenitely you must interact with this place...

So my point is, if every scene is so detailed and mindblowing we will be overheated and you guys will lose lot of advanages I mentioned before :))))

I'm big fan of RPG's and I love to create some gameplay mechanics.. I hope it will be helpful to you

I'm supporting you any way I can because I Love so much the things you make! :D

www.mazhlekov.com

www.portals.mazhlekov.com

Trying to figure what I want to up my pledge.)) I`ve never seen strategy guides before, BTW, do they usually contain NPC`s and monster`s stats? Also thinking about becoming a Low End of the Obsidian Order. ))

Edited by gakmen
  • Like 1

SWEET JESUS

That's all that i have to say,

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

See my avatar? The cat is me and the lollipop is that lovely screenshot that's currently staring me in the face. Imma gonna go drool in a bucket now.

....pic, lore, big stretch goals....great update, guys. Like some others, I'm a little unsure if it'll reach 3.5 million at this point, but shoot for the moon, because you never know!

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

First screenshot just shows water, trees, rocks, bridges, flowers, staues and campfire. Bof.

Just kiddin' :D

With those amazing stretch goals ( we will reach ), more free stuff for us and some very interesting lore, what else ?

I've got just 2 words for ya : THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !

Careful what you wish ...

oooelogo180.png ... you just might get it

I feel odd that I'm not the only one not giddy at that screenhot :lol:

PayPal numbers should bump them up some, so they might be able to squeeze it in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This is because they can't change the description for each tier once the KS has started.

They definitely added the book to the $50,- pledge, if not more, so that's complete rubbish.

Before badmouthing someone, you should make really sure that you're correct. The $50 tier was added later.

I hope you now deservedly feel like an idiot.

*plonk*

Excellent update. The campaign book, 3m stretch goal and screenshot just got me to up my pledge by 100 bucks. Way to eat at my rainy day savings Obsidian.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

@aVENGER: scale down the characters, they're way too tall. besides that it looks amazing!

Or rather, scale up the background so it fits the BG2 character size.

I don't think you're not supposed to see the whole background at once.

Just love it.

Amazing and awesome screenshot and nice info about the lore. Stronghold probably will be achieved and 2nd big city definetly deserves 3.5mil. goal. I hope KS reaches to 3.5mil. so that we can have our 2nd big city and lots of hours of game play.

By the way, thanks for almanac. ;)

Edited by nerevar