Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

So.. that's a mockup, a target of what they're heading for?

Since it's there, the base quality will be there in the finished product, but will the water be "alive", waterfall and all.

The trees sway in the wind? Grass?

Absolutely loving the style. Really psyched about this now!

Did they say it's a mockup? I'm under the impression it was built with the technology.

Far as I know, the technology (unity engine 4) doesn't even exist yet.

So I'd guess the 3D (maya?, whatever) thingie used to render the background is what they'll be using,

but the stuff that'd be added as live 3D thingies would be done a photoshop mockup at this point.

Far as I know, which ain't all that far when talking about game development.

Please note that pledges made through PayPal will not show up on our Kickstarter page' date=' though we will count them toward stretch goals at the end of the campaign.[/quote']

So 3.5 mil might not be as unreasonable as it may seem.

Reading the progress reports I am thoroughly confused on upgrades though. #16 states $50 has an unique pet, but no such info on the actual rank. And yeah, the various upgrades and their implentation is hell too. It would be nice if it could become a bit "cleaner" so I know what to raise my pledge to... :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Five days to reach 3,5 million? You are mad sir, quite mad indeed. But we wouldn't be ladies and gentlemen if we didn't damn well try. Load the catapults!

I just upped my ante.

And that screen is just plain awesome.

$50

• Digital Novella by Chris Avellone.
  • Kickstarter Exclusive In-Game Pet.
  • Digital High-Res Game Map.
  • Digital High-Res Concept Art Pieces.
  • Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors.
  • Ringtones.
  • Digital Downloadable Soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC.
  • Digital Collector's Book.
  • Digital Downloadable Copy of Project Eternity, DRM free for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
  • Kickstarter only in-game achievement and item.
  • Project Eternity Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge.

The Stronghold is the prize - while a second city would be great and improve the game quantity wise (more of what we get with the first big city), a stronghold is a new quality in game mechanics which we would see in the game.

So the stronghold is what I`m realy excited about, while the second big city wouldl be "nice to have".

Edited by Fingorn

I have seriously gone from a $20 pledge and saying there's no way I'm going to up my pledge to a $40 pledge for expansion add-on currently to sitting here trying to convince myself I shouldn't up to $70 for the $50 tier plus expansion. I'm pretty sure I'm going to. Hopefully someone new takes my $20 early bird spot and not someone lowering their pledge.

• Like 2

The screenshot is gorgeous, its details compete with all the latest videogames. Just two questions:

1- Don't you think the player will miss the possibility to rotate the camera?

2- What do you think about side-scrolling? Will it be as realistic as it would be in a full 3D environment? (Like in Diablo III for example)

3- How are you going to handle environmental animations? Like the leaves of the trees: the wind should make them move.

The stronghold would be great, another big city would be TOTALLY AWESOME. Thanks for listening to the community! It's sad that we'll probably never see those features. The overall amount of the pledge is increasing too slowly. The new stretch goals are great, but I don't think that they will be enough to increase the rate at which the donations come.

But, as we say in Italy, hopes are the last to die! GOGOGO kickstarter community!

Edited by Rahelron

Please note that pledges made through PayPal will not show up on our Kickstarter page' date=' though we will count them toward stretch goals at the end of the campaign.[/quote']

Reading the progress reports I am thoroughly confused on upgrades though. #16 states $50 has an unique pet, but no such info on the actual rank.

This is because they can't change the description for each tier once the KS has started.

And yeah, the various upgrades and their implentation is hell too. It would be nice if it could become a bit "cleaner" so I know what to raise my pledge to... :/

And this is because Kickstarter doesn't have the notion of add-ons, so it's something they have to handle themselves.

Paypal is, I believe, still under $50k. Don't count on it to swoop in with hundreds of thousands of dollars to save the day.

The screenshot is gorgeous, its details compete with all the latest videogames. Just two questions:

1- Don't you think the player will miss being able to rotate the camera?

2- What do you think about side-scrolling? Will it be as realistic as it would be in a full 3D environment (Diablo III for example)?

(1) Miss? Compared to the IE games people are still replaying? Nah, won't be missed one whit because that was never the point anyway.

(2) Side scrolling? As in moving the viewing window up/down/side? It worked fine in the IE games, so I don't see the problem here?

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

1- Don't you think the player will miss being able to rotate the camera?

I for one am extremely pleased that you can't rotate the camera, because I've never seen a game where the addition of that 'optional' feature didn't induce developers to design areas where you actually need to (DA:O, I'm looking at you in particular).

Five days to reach 3,5 million? You are mad sir, quite mad indeed. But we wouldn't be ladies and gentlemen if we didn't damn well try. Load the catapults!

I remain optimistic, and even if we 'only' get to 3.4 it's not like they're going to use those last $400,000 for hookers and blow.

Edit: Probably.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 3

I remain optimistic, and even if we 'only' get to 3.4 it's not like they're going to spend those last $400,000 for hookers and blow.

now there are two good ideas for add-ons

• Like 4

This is because they can't change the description for each tier once the KS has started.

They definitely added the book to the $50,- pledge, if not more, so that's complete rubbish.

And this is because Kickstarter doesn't have the notion of add-ons, so it's something they have to handle themselves.

Yeah. I fear it will give a lot of error though, keeping track of all personal wishes of 55-60K users. It's not Amazon, but a gamedeveloper. I fear things will get messed up somewhere along the road :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Oh my,that was almost too much of excitement for me to handle! I just went totally bananas :wub: . Gosh... must hold...onto... sanity :grin: Well today's a payday, time for one more pledge.

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

"Stronghold at 3.0 Million"

do-want-meme.jpg

Seriously, this is what I always crave in RPGs but rarely get. Getting a stronghold to lord over is so much fun, both from a gameplay and roleplaying perspective. It's a shame more RPGs don't include this, and I REALLY hope we get to that stretchgoal in Project Eternity.

3.5 is asking a lot, however we have been steady at $50k+ dollars a day for 4 days, and during those days we were only at 20-30k at this time each day. Thus today should be much higher that 50k. If this trend continues and we get some heavy 100-200k days in right at the end, who knows. we may make it.

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.