Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

So.. that's a mockup, a target of what they're heading for?

Since it's there, the base quality will be there in the finished product, but will the water be "alive", waterfall and all.

The trees sway in the wind? Grass?

Absolutely loving the style. Really psyched about this now!

Not really a fan of any of the "digital only" artwork/stratguide/etc. More content would be nice. If i already selected the 35 dollar tier, arent i locked into it, even if i add more? Like i if i wanted the physical tier I would have to start over

that's fair. i wanted the wallpapers/ringtones/books. so that's what i got.

as for "messing up" your tier, no. it won't. You'll just go to the "manage my pledge" section (from the button) and then you can select a new tier. In my case, i started at 20, then bumped to 50, then i added 7 for the guide. you'd just do the same thing. Manage, then select the tier you want. it'll change your pledge to that tier amount, then you can manually change the pledge to put more money in, for any of the add-ons.

hope this helps

A work in progress

For 20-30 bucks, you could include the xpac add-on or, if you want a sneak peak, you can get the beta key. I, for myself, won't want to play the game until after it has shipped and won't use the key. If none of my friends want it, I'll probably just give it to one of the forums regulars who didn't get it in his or her tier. I also think the stategy guide is a good choice for 7 bucks. Even if you don't use it the first run, the strategy guide can still be useful for housekeeping/reference stuff and they can be interesting if well written.

that sounds good to me (xpac), i want that, but i cant find it on the site....

Go to the Kickstarter frontpage and scroll down to the add-ons section. Ooops, all the add-ons aren't there yet, but go to the add-on update and it's all good. Hopefully the frontpage gets updated soon. In Obsidz' defense, this has all been going very quickly for them and there're are demands for new stuff and then pricing and placing all of it is a logistical nightmare.

There's also an add-on update here:

http://www.kickstart...ty/posts/311594

EDIT: see above.

Fixing that right now!

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Since it's there, the base quality will be there in the finished product, but will the water be "alive", waterfall and all.

Did they say it's a mockup? I'm under the impression it was built with the technology.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Nice stretch goals. Is this a screen shot or an asset? Is this in engine? It looks more like a pre-rendered asset that will be used as is in engine. Wasteland 2 had a screen shot that was pre-alpha from Unity. I don't really care about the loose language, but the amount of nit picking that goes on around here and other places, I worry, especially if this "screen shot" gets posted to other sites by fans.

Not really a fan of any of the "digital only" artwork/stratguide/etc. More content would be nice. If i already selected the 35 dollar tier, arent i locked into it, even if i add more? Like i if i wanted the physical tier I would have to start over

as for "messing up" your tier, no. it won't. You'll just go to the "manage my pledge" section (from the button) and then you can select a new tier. In my case, i started at 20, then bumped to 50, then i added 7 for the guide. you'd just do the same thing. Manage, then select the tier you want. it'll change your pledge to that tier amount, then you can manually change the pledge to put more money in, for any of the add-ons.

hope this helps

helped a lot :) Put an extra 21 in

Will probably be like in IE:

certain things sway in the wind or are animated (usually objects of interest). grass will be static.

water is probably not animated unless it's a moving body of water, like a waterfall or a fountain.

For 20-30 bucks, you could include the xpac add-on or, if you want a sneak peak, you can get the beta key. I, for myself, won't want to play the game until after it has shipped and won't use the key. If none of my friends want it, I'll probably just give it to one of the forums regulars who didn't get it in his or her tier. I also think the stategy guide is a good choice for 7 bucks. Even if you don't use it the first run, the strategy guide can still be useful for housekeeping/reference stuff and they can be interesting if well written.

that sounds good to me (xpac), i want that, but i cant find it on the site....

Go to the Kickstarter frontpage and scroll down to the add-ons section. Ooops, all the add-ons aren't there yet, but go to the add-on update and it's all good. Hopefully the frontpage gets updated soon. In Obsidz' defense, this has all been going very quickly for them and there're are demands for new stuff and then pricing and placing all of it is a logistical nightmare.

There's also an add-on update here:

http://www.kickstart...ty/posts/311594

EDIT: see above.

Fixing that right now!

it might be a good idea to explain that you don't actually choose your add-on in kickstarter. I was confused until some users on the forum here explained that we will choose those afterwords.

What I would like to know is, if we can temper with the "rewards" after the KS campaign is over. For example, one might not want seventy hundred gajillion digital copies of the game, or the beta access that much but could exchange [some of] them or it for another add-on of equal value.

• Like 2

In think they talked about using a flip-book approach, so the water, trees, grass and smoke from the fireplace would be a looping set of overlaid images. Still, that can be very effective graphically and it doesn't require a fast graphics card.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

In think they talked about using a flip-book approach, so the water, trees, grass and smoke from the fireplace would be a looping set of overlaid images. Still, that can be very effective graphically and it doesn't require a fast graphics card.

They'll add true 3d particles smoke and animations to this as well.

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

hope this helps

Just remember to up both your pledge and your desired reward level (may take some scrolling down to see). For the add-ons, just add the money to what you're pledging and you'll get a survey post-Kickstart asking you what you want to do with that extra money you pledged.

The screenshot reminds me a little of that "wilderness" area in Baldur's Gate 1 where there's a waterfall in the middle of the map and a couple minor quests.... or was it one.... Was it the ogre's lost pet or the girl's lost cat.... Whew, I can't remember! Can't wait to play EE in the next month or two.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

You folks are absolutely EVIL!

When that poll was around "What would make you pledge more" I answered "Nothing short of a hefty raise from my employer"...

So when, unexpectedly, that raise finally came true yesterday, what do I see today? You post THIS!

Dammit, that's spooky.

Just doubled my pledge :w00t:

• Like 10

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...

With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...

and still keep the frog you started with.