Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

The one thing I can't get excited about is the lore. It's not that I don't like it. I do. ...But hearing about the lore is like reading the back of a book I've already decided to buy. It's like getting dessert but no meal. I want the meat and potatoes. I want to get in there and explore and touch things and meet people. I want someone who supported Waidwen (or supports him still) to tell me why his iron-fisted rule in which he persecuted heretics was just and right. ...And I want that argument to make sense, even if I completely think he's wrong. I want to have some ignorant hick yell at me for using Hylspeak, laugh at his foolishness, only to have someone else make a better argument that makes me think twice. There are the bones for great stories in this, but the stories are what I want. I don't mean to slight the lore-craft. It's just that I hate licking the icing when I could have a full piece of cake. ...But I guess the point is to tease us, so in that regard I suppose I'm arguing against myself. :Cant's rueful grin icon:

EDIT: Always with teh typos.

Edited by Cantousent
  • Like 5

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The screenshot just made may day. It's just so much more than I expected it to be...

• Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

The one thing I can't get excited about is the lore. It's not that I don't like it. I do. ...But hearing about the lore is like reading the back of a book I've already decided to buy. It's like getting desert but no meal. I want the meat and potatoes. I want to get in there and explore and touch things and meet people. I want someone who supported Waidwen (or supports him still) to tell me why his iron-fisted rule in which he persecuted heretics was just and right. ...And I want that argument to make sense, even if I completely think he's wrong. I want to have some ignorant hick yell at me for using Hylspeak, laugh at his foolishness, only to have someone else make a better argument that makes me think twice. There are the bones for great stories in this, but the stories are what I want. I don't mean to slight the lore-craft. It's just that I hate licking the icing when I could have a full piece of cake. ...But I guess the point is to tease us, so in that regard I suppose I'm arguing against myself. :Cant's rueful grin icon:

Patience padowan. Patience.

sonsofgygax.JPG

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!

The Lore sounds thrilling and I can´t wait for more informations.

I really hope, we get to the 3 and 3,5 Million mark. To bad I pledged via paypal...

BTW, if I pledge another 15$ through Paypal, would I also get the Campaign Almanac?

PS: The Screenshot looks amazing!

More interested in the lore stuff than the screenshot - but the screenshot does look nice. I guess I won't be undoing my plegde, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's no way they'll make it to 3,5 million in 5 days. But if they advertise enough that people can keep donating on paypal after the kickstarter is over they might make it in another month or so.

They made a million in a day. They can make another in five days if we are review whores, which we hopefully will be.

• Like 1

That screen shot is magnificent... hups I just drooled on it.. but it just looks so yummy

Yei for the stronghold and triple yei for the another big city.

And lore sound great, it gives me impression that world will feel relistic and I would even care about lore, which hasn't been case in so many fantasy worlds.

I give for this update A+ :)

Love the update! The lore bit is interesting, even though a bit out of place since some bits and pieces are not entirely clear due to lack of lore part in general. I am sure when everything's done we'll have a good time reading all those interesting details.

Oh, yes, the screenshot looks absolutely stunning! Keep up the good work!

Patience is always rewarded... ©

5l29lx.jpg

So i pledged 36 bucks already for the digital tier, if i wanted to pledge some more, say another 20-30 to try to push it to 3.5 mil, what would be my best option?

are you looking for anything in particular? if you are looking to pledge 60-70 bucks, there's the digital $50 tier and add 7 for a strat guide. or stay at the 36 and just add another 20-30 to your pledge

but as i said, down for 57 now, but the expansion for 20 and almanac for another 15? idk if i can drop another 35 bucks. I mean, that'd put me at 92.

A work in progress

For 20-30 bucks, you could include the xpac add-on or, if you want a sneak peak, you can get the beta key. I, for myself, won't want to play the game until after it has shipped and won't use the key. If none of my friends want it, I'll probably just give it to one of the forums regulars who didn't get it in his or her tier. I also think the stategy guide is a good choice for 7 bucks. Even if you don't use it the first run, the strategy guide can still be useful for housekeeping/reference stuff and they can be interesting if well written.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So i pledged 36 bucks already for the digital tier, if i wanted to pledge some more, say another 20-30 to try to push it to 3.5 mil, what would be my best option?

are you looking for anything in particular? if you are looking to pledge 60-70 bucks, there's the digital $50 tier and add 7 for a strat guide. or stay at the 36 and just add another 20-30 to your pledge

but as i said, down for 57 now, but the expansion for 20 and almanac for another 15? idk if i can drop another 35 bucks. I mean, that'd put me at 92.

Not really a fan of any of the "digital only" artwork/stratguide/etc. More content would be nice. If i already selected the 35 dollar tier, arent i locked into it, even if i add more? Like i if i wanted the physical tier I would have to start over