Undead - Great Book of Fear and Loathing

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you whan to see Undead in the world of Eternity ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want to undead have played a role in the storyline ?

• Yes, I want them to play a huge role in it
    • Yes, but not too much
    • Yes, Yes, but a small
    • No, but I can episodically appear in it such as common enemies
    • NO !! I don't whant them in storyline.
  3. 3. Do you think that they must have a certain character?

• Yes, Always evil, they whant to destroy living etc.
    • Yes, A large part of them must by evil but not all of them
    • No, a part of them can by evil and a part may be neutral
    • I think they can by good persons :D
    • Other, write below

As above, this is a great compilation and discussion on some of the most well-known representatives of the fantasy UNDEAD.

What do you think of the race? Whether it should occur in the world of Eternity? How they should behave? They have to be just mindless servants and a separate powerful group? They should have a certain character? They should want something from Living? They should have their own god?

Divide your expectations for this race, your thoughts.

I personally believe that the undead must be of considerable importance for the world of Eternity but need not be related to the plot of the game directly. I think that they should be both carnal (vampires, zombies, ghouls) and disembodied as (spectrum, banshee). I think they should both be the result of curses, such as someone killed his brother and after the death turned into a ghoul and the result of magic (such as summoning undead)

Additionally, I believe, and the souls of eternity system is ideally suited for a playing field for the "RACE" of undead.

Here are some of the best drawings I am curious of your opinion additionally Poll: P

77234925755.jpgD_D4th__Lich_by_UdonCrew.jpg

Where's the option for "Yes I want them in the game but I don't know whether I want them to be a big part of the plot because I don't know what the plot is going to be about" please?

Also, I think we can tell by your avatar which side of the fence you fall on ArchBeast. ;)

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Oh man, liches yo!

Who doesn't love fighting liches?

I'd like to see them super hard... think Kangaxx or however you spell that.

I'm glad that thing kicked my ass hard in BG2, it instilled fear.

A fantasy game without liches or zombies or skeletons, well zombies I wouldn't miss but I would sincerely miss lich fighting.

Vampires too man, want some in the game. I wanna get bitten and diseased, maybe even become a vampire.

Werewolves too!

Sounds cheesy when I read it but dammit I like that stuff!

Edited by jivex5k

Planescape: Torment - The Dead Nations.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

The only thing I care about is that the default assumptions are tossed aside. If they end up at the same point (undead are soulless bodies, acting as animals), that's cool. If they end up somewhere else (undead are bodies with new souls or old souls returned after death, thus are capable of perhaps higher thought), that's also cool. As long as they come at them for their mythos.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've wondered about how undead would even exist in Project Eternitys world, because wasn't it so that souls move into a new body? Though undead could be souls trapped within an rotting body or just unlucky enough to be reborn into a carcass, but still, I'm kind of skeptical if they're even possible in the soul cycle.

But to the actual topic :grin: :

Yes, I'd like to see undead in, provided that they're plausible that is. And yes, I'd like them to play a part in the story, although a small one. And I'd like them to be of varying alignments.

That is all.

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

Undead - Great Book of Fear and Loathing

We were somewhere around Loghome on the edge of the forest when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should take the reins. ..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the carriage, which was going about thirty miles an hour with the top down to New Heomar. And a voice was screaming "By the gods! What are these goddamn animals?"

Then it was quiet again. My barrister had taken his tunic off and was pouring ale on his chest, to facilitate the tanning process. "What the hell are you yelling about?" he muttered, staring up at the sun with his eyes closed and covered with wraparound Telabirian sunglasses. "Never mind," I said. "It's your turn to steer." I reined the horses in and aimed the Great Red Kraken toward the shoulder of the tradeway. No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Spoiler: The bats were actually vampires.

Edited by TheMufflon
  • Like 1

rjshae

resuracting should kill weeker undead and deal lot's od demage to stronger,ot at leat don't afect them at all. If you kill udead he will propably will not be resurected becouse he is highly decomposed. Ever if you whould whant to resurect wampire (who isn't decomposed) becouse he afther death turn to ash. Other explanation could by that udead had difrent type of life enegry lets say "dark unlife energy" an whey you whan use healin and resurecting spells you deal them demage the same way when they cast teir energy on living creature.

Edited by ArchBeast

rjshae

resuracting should kill weeker undead and deal lot's od demage to stronger,ot at leat don't afect them at all. If you kill udead he will propably will not be resurected becouse he is highly decomposed. Ever if you whould whant to resurect wampire (who isn't decomposed) becouse he afther death turn to ash. Other explanation could by that udead had difrent type of life enegry lets say "dark unlife energy" an whey you whan use healin and resurecting spells you deal them demage the same way when they cast teir energy on living creature.

Yeah I remember finding out heal spells hurt undead in BG I believe....coolest feeling ever.

Or it might have been a different game, don't remember.

I would like to see paradigm of undead all being evil shattered. Why couldn't there be a good soul who has not seen final rest because there is something left to do...or because he or she was returned against their will? So many interesting plots.

It would be neat if becoming undead were a future racial trait...or perhaps a class or template of sorts. Ala Dread Necromancer...or vampire, skeleton, zombie, etc.

The more creative the better

I would like to see paradigm of undead all being evil shattered.

Have we not been there already? Planescape: Torment, countless vampire media including Buffy/Angel and Vampire: The Masquerade, and A Christmas Carol. D&D has a Lich-like undead that's primarily Lawful Good known as the Baelnorn.

Sesame Street has one as a regular cast member.

ave we not been there already? Planescape: Torment, countless vampire media including Buffy/Angel and Vampire: The Masquerade, and A Christmas Carol. D&D has a Lich-like undead that's primarily Lawful Good known as the Baelnorn.

I personaly whouldn't mind a undead (lets say lich) as a primary oponent in eternity, i mean undead that thinks that he is doing something good but his wrong. Lets say a lich soul-eater that think when he take enough power, he will rebulid the world, ending pain, brother-fights, wars, hate and make a perfect world etc. but first he must kill everywon, put there souls in new bodies a make happy new world, better then even gods desinged it ... thats only a example...

I dont think that lowful goood undead could conwince me, byt some undead that THINKS that is another messaiah and in a long term he is doin more good then evel or even nececery ever.... is noth bad. Let's say Garrius from NWN 2 w Ammon Jerro mindset ...

Edited by ArchBeast

ave we not been there already? Planescape: Torment, countless vampire media including Buffy/Angel and Vampire: The Masquerade, and A Christmas Carol. D&D has a Lich-like undead that's primarily Lawful Good known as the Baelnorn.

I personaly whouldn't mind a undead (lets say lich) as a primary oponent in eternity, i mean undead that thinks that he is doing something good but his wrong. Lets say a lich soul-eater that think when he take enough power, he will rebulid the world, ending pain, brother-fights, wars, hate and make a perfect world etc. but first he must kill everywon, put there souls in new bodies a make happy new world, better then even gods desinged it ... thats only a example...

Play Arcanum.

One Paladin, a haha!

Two Paladins, a haha!

Three Pala-stop smiting me!!!

Sesame Street gone wrong.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

If PE includes Undead, then I'd like them to tackle more of the thought and concept behind it.

For example, a mindless zombie is a mindless zombie. I've seen countless mindless zombies in countless other games, they do nothing for me now. If there are zombies in PE, then I would want the game to look at the true horror of it. Are they former fellow soldiers? Are they friends, family members, lovers? How do you deal with someone you know coming back from the dead? How much of the former person is left inside a zombie? If your former friend / family member / lover is now a zombie, but still remembers you and is able to communicate with you somehow, how do you feel about that? Are you glad that you can spend more time with the person you lost, or are you horrified at what they have become?

Those are the kinds of things that I find interesting about Undead. A mindless zombie just to fight in combat is not any more exciting than a giant rat.

Total baseless speculation, but...

I suspect undead are in the game (based on the screenshot art of those statues).

Given the souls coming back over time and that we know that some societies see awakened souls as a bad thing, I can imagine that the society might be split over whether the undead (souls that remain and animate dead bodies) are good or bad things. Thus we may get more undead like "Kresselack" or "Acaste" and less like "Skeleton #2 From the Left in the Skeleton Horde created for Shattering into Boney Bits".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man