The official Update 20 camp-out thread

So...I have to wait for 8pm as well.

Of course, 8pm is when I'm back on duty for work, and so have to be away from my laptop. The only night this week, as well. Any other night, I'd be off duty at 8pm, but, no, it had to be a Thursday. :banghead:

Count me in as way too excited about a screen shot. I'll be rolling a new party in IWD2 to pass the time.

I'm also playing IWD2, but started before PE was announced. Pushing myself to get through the Ice Temple exterior in Chapter 2 now, which I've always found a drag.

Guh, I just went through this nonsense with Diablo 3. I just hope Obsidian doesn't burn me like that game did, well it was a fine game but... yeah. Well, at least it will be 1 year instead of 6.
Well, the big difference between this and D3 is that most of the elements that made D3 a bad game and vastly inferior to its predecessors seemed to be the result of decisions made on the "business" level. Always online DRM, no LAN, real money AH (which heavily affected the game's loot system), etc. and the fact that they approached the character progression system in an extremely MMO-like manner. In other words -- two of the main goals for D3 seemed to be 1) to find a way to keep the money coming in post-purchase, and 2) to appeal to and draw in the MMO crowd. Which resulted in a big departure from the previous games in the series and alienated a lot of fans.

You could say that what Obsidian is doing with PE is the exact opposite -- by crowd-funding the project and not having to answer to a publisher, they won't have to approach PE in the way Blizzard approached D3 (as a business, instead of a game), and they can actually make a game they love and can be proud of (as I'm sure some of the folks at Blizzard are embarrassed by some of the stuff they did in D3). And by communicating clearly and openly with their backers and discussing details on lore, gameplay, rules systems, etc. from very early on instead of keeping everything behind closed doors, they don't run the risk of "doing it wrong" but actually involve us and our suggestions in their decision making process. I think the risk of this turning into a disappointment is very, very low.

Also, where do you retrieve your official PE backer badge? I think you get one for pledging, but... I can't find figure out where that is.
I think we will get those after the Kickstarter has ended. Sometime next week, at the earliest.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

The update will have a lot of lore in it, (or so they say). Feargus mentioned in a Q&A that Josh will be lore-ing it up in thursdays update (today) and so hopefully it will flesh out a bit more of the world, maybe some more races and some of the interactions between races.

On top of that we have a screenshot, I have no idea what they will have been able to do for the screenshot, my my god am I excited.

Also, on that note we seem to have 3 human-esq companions 1 dwarf and one elf, from the concepts.

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

Talk here and follow the news? :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Jennifer Hale...

As a side note, I hope for more artwork along the lines of --- all companions in concept art form (the sepia stuff) and the IWD-style posed painting (Salani the dwarf ranger)....

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

The time draws nigh.

Bobby, can you please, please put the "You must gather your party before venturing forth" in the game, at least once, as a funny reference? ;)

/adds this to his already large list of PE requests :yes:

:banana:
  • Like 1