Mass effect Trilogy

greylord

And, that sentence about the the colours is a flat out lie. The differences of the endings were more than just colour based. Don't make stuff up. It's very rude.

Mmkay

2n6dlza.jpg

Yea I have nothing really to add to that…but…

ab3.jpg

Edited by Cariannis
  • Like 3

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

Guest The Architect

Yeah but Cariannis, the Reapers fall down in the red ending! They don't in the blue and green one. HUGE difference. Take your logic and get out of here, Volo and I don't need it.

First note: I loved the ewoks. The empire only sent a battalion of his best troops. That should have taken care of the Rebel strike squad. They didn't count on a PLANET of ewoks attacking them. Even then, the ewoks were basically getting crushed. It was Chewie who turned the tide. No one expected one of their own walkers to start blasting them in the back. It's like that guy in the back of the line that takes out his entire squad because he shoots them all in the back. Chewie was so full of awesome that he took down an entire Imperial battalion!!!! Not the ewoks...Chewie.

On another note: There were three colors. Sure, they were good red, bad red, and who knows red...but it all was still red, blue, and green. In the EC, there are still three colors...though they do all have nicely glowing green eyes in one...

First note: I loved the ewoks. The empire only sent a battalion of his best troops. That should have taken care of the Rebel strike squad. They didn't count on a PLANET of ewoks attacking them. Even then, the ewoks were basically getting crushed. It was Chewie who turned the tide. No one expected one of their own walkers to start blasting them in the back. It's like that guy in the back of the line that takes out his entire squad because he shoots them all in the back. Chewie was so full of awesome that he took down an entire Imperial battalion!!!! Not the ewoks...Chewie.

On another note: There were three colors. Sure, they were good red, bad red, and who knows red...but it all was still red, blue, and green. In the EC, there are still three colors...though they do all have nicely glowing green eyes in one...

Ok, then.

Look at this picture

sp_0214_06_m4.jpg?width=200

this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookie from the planet Kashyyk but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it that does not makes sense!

Why would a Wookie, an eight foot tall Wookie want to live in Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks?That does not makes sense.

More importantly you have to ask yourself what does this have to do with your post? Nothing, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

So you must remember if Chewbacca lives on Endor your argument is invalid.

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'll give the MP team credit for one thing: they've certainly done a nice job of mixing up/adding environmental effects to the maps. One map I was playing on, my shields were taking a hit when I was out in the (I'm assuming) toxic rain. Another map now looks like it's a full blown desert storm, with almost zero visibility.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

- Earth is the most important place in the galaxy! Go tell the other races their home worlds are expendable and that they should help us - this is by far my biggest beef with the set up of the game.
I hate ME3, but I did find this particular complaint nitpicky. It's not wrong as a complaint, it just doesn't seem as serious as people paint it out to be.

Earth isn't even the seat of human governance. So, it being the focus is kind of odd, granted. But the humans are going to focus on human stuff. And nobody drops everything just to help the humans, they decide they need to be helped first. And they are helped. And they reportedly do fantastic after being helped. Or that's how it seemed to me, which lended support to the idea that a traditional victory should have been approachable. Otherwise, yeah, they should have just destroyed the Earth relay and yelled "VICTORY."

However, in further hindsight, Earth is still conspicuous. The mcguffin just happens to be next door to Earth. The Reapers are obsessed with defending Earth. Why wouldn't the Reapers have taken the Citadel to Thessia? Heck, why move it at all? If they're clearly so superior in fleet engagements, why put it somewhere with ground access? Earth is oddly convenient.

It's not really nitpicky, it's a valid complaint. They bend over backwards in ME2 and 3 to go on about how humans are the most special snowflakes in the Galaxy, the only ones to defeat a Reaper, the only ones to interfere with "THE CYCLE," etc. despite being the new kids on the galactic stage (yet they're depicted as one of the most technologically advanced.) Earth is still divided into current-day nation-states. "The Alliance" is just a military organization. There's no world government for a homogeneous Earth/human culture. Hell, by ME2 they've completely forgotten that the Normandy and its much touted stealth systems and fancy pants warp core or whatever were a joint Turian-Alliance project. The fact that every other race is culturally homogeneous and ill-developed makes it that much worse.

"Salarians are scientific and sneaky!"

"Asaris are CULTURAL! Also they're all girls and their CULTURALNESS demands they have sex with anything!"

"Elcors are big and slow!"

"Volus are Space Jews!"

"Turians are Militant drones!"

"Krogans are space dinosaur ****roaches!" Edit: Yes, this forum does not allow us to say ****roach. So I'll say it Scarface style and see if it's still verboten.

****AROACH!

Edit 2: The Revengening

Chockroch (yiddish pronounciation rules apply. Put some phlegm into that 'Ch'.)

I'll give the MP team credit for one thing: they've certainly done a nice job of mixing up/adding environmental effects to the maps. One map I was playing on, my shields were taking a hit when I was out in the (I'm assuming) toxic rain. Another map now looks like it's a full blown desert storm, with almost zero visibility.

That's... not really special at all. And they were already existing maps but with those environmental variables added.

Edited by AGX-17

That's... not really special at all. And they were already existing maps but with those environmental variables added.

It was an improvement over what was there the last time I played MP way back in March? April? And I know the maps were already there. But the environmental effects add another element to them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Other than the human-centric lore, the writers clearly have no sense of time.

> 2157: Human made first contact with aliens

> 2183: Udina become a council, the highest chain-of-command in Citadel, in 26 years :D

The asari, salarians, and turians has governed citadel for thousand years, suddenly they give humans a seat in the council?

A race that knows so little about galactic-scale politics, economy, diplomacy, resource management?

I know human saved the day in ME1, but giving them a seat just for that?

That's like, promoting a random soldier to a senator, just because that random soldier saved the other senators from terrorists.

Promotions just don't work like that.

Not to mention human are sure very fast to apply new technologies, like Mass Effect field, in 10 years.

30 years would be more believable, considering that they had help from Prothean's archive.

For comparison, we still can't put nuclear fusion to good use (other than H-bomb), after 60 years of its formulation.

ME series would be more believable if it takes place in 2325 or something :)

If there's one thing that humans are good at, it's reverse engineering. Once they saw the Mass Relay they'd probably be pretty quick to figure out How it works.

I mean, IIRC the Reapers created the Mass Relay system because intelligent species take the "path of least Resistance" and the Relays are VERY easy to sort out. Which means that when they show up, they can flick off the relay system, and nobody has any other source of FTL travel.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If there's one thing that humans are good at, it's reverse engineering. Once they saw the Mass Relay they'd probably be pretty quick to figure out How it works.

I mean, IIRC the Reapers created the Mass Relay system because intelligent species take the "path of least Resistance" and the Relays are VERY easy to sort out. Which means that when they show up, they can flick off the relay system, and nobody has any other source of FTL travel.

I seriously doubt that,

the Protheans, with resources spanning the ENTIRE galaxy, can only make a pair of prototype mass relay, The Conduit. Only a pair! a prototype pair, even.

The Salarians, the so-called nerds of the galaxy, has used the relays for thousand years, and they haven't figured how it works, or else we would be seeing their prototype in game.

The Asari, Turians, and Salarians combined can't figure it out either.

Humans can't possibly know how it works after only 26 years using it :D, that's just too Mary Sue-y.

Oh wait, this is Mass Effect.

Now you can't say that without another species as comparison. For all we know ants could be better at reverse engineering.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Now you can't say that without another species as comparison. For all we know ants could be better at reverse engineering.

You're over thinking things.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I seriously doubt that,

the Protheans, with resources spanning the ENTIRE galaxy, can only make a pair of prototype mass relay, The Conduit. Only a pair! a prototype pair, even.

The Salarians, the so-called nerds of the galaxy, has used the relays for thousand years, and they haven't figured how it works, or else we would be seeing their prototype in game.

Humans can't possibly know how it works after only 26 years using it :D, that's just too Mary Sue-y.

I was thinking about it in more of a path of least resistance. If you were presented with a car, you'd probably be able to figure out how to make it do what you want it. But you probably couldn't discuss a catalytic converter or the intricacies of an automatic transmission.

Humanity figured out what sequence of events are needed to cause the mass effect, but were not gonna try digging into the relay itself just yet (goose that laid the golden egg). For all we know, there may be a requirement that for an Alliance ship to jump into the next relay, there has to be a couple going at it in the port cargo hold. Because that's what happened the first time the effect was triggered.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No i'm not, its impossible to say that humans are good at reverse engineering when we haven't met another species with that capacity. We are not good, we are the only ones we know of.

village_idiot.gif

Overthinking

No i'm not, its impossible to say that humans are good at reverse engineering when we haven't met another species with that capacity. We are not good, we are the only ones we know of.

Actually, the Yahg are shown to be more adaptive than humans. So once again, over thinking.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Overthinking

Actually, the Yahg are shown to be more adaptive than humans. So once again, over thinking.

Oh, you're referring to inside the ME universe.

In that case Salarians are the best.

village_idiot.gif

Overthinking

Not really, they don't really have a standing army. They're not that adaptive, they're smart, yes, but not as adaptive. A Yahg is shown able to learn multiple languages by ear and a 20th century-esque Yahg with limited understanding of future tech took control of the biggest criminal empire in the galaxy.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Overthinking

Not really, they don't really have a standing army. They're not that adaptive, they're smart, yes, but not as adaptive. A Yahg is shown able to learn multiple languages by ear and a 20th century-esque Yahg with limited understanding of future tech took control of the biggest criminal empire in the galaxy.

Adaptable doesn't necessarily means good at reverse engineering,and since the Yahg adapt to their environment and not the other way around I don't think they are good at it.

village_idiot.gif

I seriously doubt that,

The crap (as usual,) in-game explanation is that the Asari banned any attempt to investigate or reverse engineer "Prothean" technology.

So everyone went along with that.

For 4000 years.

Despite the Rachni wars.

And the Krogan rebellion.

Until the obviously unique and snowflake-special human race appeared, of course. Humans are a collective Mary-Sue in the Mass Effect universe. Despite every human except some of the face-scanned NPCs and the occasional well-crafted custom Shepard being hideous. Incidentially, Canada is the Mary-Sue nation state of planet Earth in the ME universe. Imagine that.

Edited by AGX-17

I seriously doubt that,

The crap (as usual,) in-game explanation is that the Asari banned any attempt to investigate or reverse engineer "Prothean" technology.

So everyone went along with that.

For 4000 years.

Despite the Rachni wars.

And the Krogan rebellion.

Until the obviously unique and snowflake-special human race appeared, of course. Humans are a collective Mary-Sue in the Mass Effect universe. Despite every human except some of the face-scanned NPCs and the occasional well-crafted custom Shepard being hideous. Incidentially, Canada is the Mary-Sue nation state of planet Earth in the ME universe. Imagine that.

The "United North American States" or something like that.

• Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Humans are unique snowflakes in pretty much every single scifi universe. Star Wars? Just about everyone of any importance is human. Babylon 5? All it takes to get rid of species that have been around since the dawn of time is to have some human yell at them a bit (at least the end of ME3 did not involve the Shep telling the Reapers to "get the hell out of our galaxy" and have them leave like whipped curs). Star Trek? Wonderful, enlightened peace loving humanity brings fluffy bunnies, lentil soup, understanding and prosperity to all the peoples of the galaxy. Vulcans may say "live long and Prosper" but humans Make It So despite the past 10k years of our existence proving demonstrably that in reality We Cannae Do It.

Awesome humanity saving the day for Johnny Foreigner Xenoer is a cliche that needs to die painfully, but it's a genre problem not one with any specific universe.

• Like 1

Humans are unique snowflakes in pretty much every single scifi universe. Star Wars? Just about everyone of any importance is human. Babylon 5? All it takes to get rid of species that have been around since the dawn of time is to have some human yell at them a bit (at least the end of ME3 did not involve the Shep telling the Reapers to "get the hell out of our galaxy" and have them leave like whipped curs). Star Trek? Wonderful, enlightened peace loving humanity brings fluffy bunnies, lentil soup, understanding and prosperity to all the peoples of the galaxy. Vulcans may say "live long and Prosper" but humans Make It So despite the past 10k years of our existence proving demonstrably that in reality We Cannae Do It.

Awesome humanity saving the day for Johnny Foreigner Xenoer is a cliche that needs to die painfully, but it's a genre problem not one with any specific universe.

:lol: So true. It'd be cool if these sci fi stories were scaled back and stopped trying to be so epic. That's what I liked about Battlestar Galactica. There weren't a million alien races all connected with humanity seen as the savior. The stories were smaller in scale and more impactful, although sometimes a bit cheesy but all in all there was some good quality to it.

I didn't even think about any of the more involved matters, Bioware have never been about producing a logical and internally consistent background, they're just about brainless fun and power fantasies, which they do well. I found both ME 1&2 immensely enjoyable when approached as such, though Shepards death and no way to continue my game was a bit rum, still I made the choice to treat the suicide mission as urgent so that's on me.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!