Mass effect Trilogy

greylord

Ok. I just read through this again:

http://www.gameranx....ies-conclusion/

And I must ask... why does everyone think that Humanity is magically going to be more genetically diverse than any other species in space?

Stupid non-canonical theory probably contradicted by some bit of information I forgotten from ME2 or 3, but...

In ME1 if you use the object the Asari consort gave you on a special Prothean artifact you find on one of the worlds/moons you moon-buggy across, you get a vision of a small group of Protheans capturing and experimenting on early hominids on earth.

I've always assumed because of that scene that humanity was engineered by the Protheans to be "awesome" the next time a cycle came and humanity was at the reaper extinction level.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

But you are assuming the mass relays are destroyed. They didn't actually explode into tiny bits, they look like they got overloaded.

The central ring breaks off and flies away. The Catalyst even says they will be destroyed. This does not matter because the Normandy was between relays, not at one.

How does an explosion hit FTL?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But you are assuming the mass relays are destroyed. They didn't actually explode into tiny bits, they look like they got overloaded.

The central ring breaks off and flies away. The Catalyst even says they will be destroyed. This does not matter because the Normandy was between relays, not at one.

How does an explosion hit FTL?

Space magic? I’m still trying to figure out how the outer edge of that blast radius knocks the Normandy out of the sky if the blast isn't supernova damage to everything within it? Also wasn’t the Normandy in that relay transit a pretty long time? I thought relay transits where nearly instantaneous.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

I expect consistency and the ability to set up the relevant elements of a resolution prior to the act of resolving from all stories, science fiction or not. Nobody's complaining about the titular mass effect, despite it being space magic, because that's established early on and used in a more or less consistent manner.

Star Wars didn't rely on a last minute unexplained ability, either. It was about the relationship of luke and his father, which was building up from back in Empire. And some straightforward battles on Endor and in space.

• Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I expect consistency and the ability to set up the relevant elements of a resolution prior to the act of resolving from all stories, science fiction or not. Nobody's complaining about the titular mass effect, despite it being space magic, because that's established early on and used in a more or less consistent manner.

Star Wars didn't rely on a last minute unexplained ability, either. It was about the relationship of luke and his father, which was building up from back in Empire. And some straightforward battles on Endor and in space.

I wish there was a way to "like" this multiple times.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think the Bioware devs should watch this video, especially the ones making ME4

That was actually pretty good. Constructive critique is sometimes few and far between :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

smudboy on Youtube does a decent, if at sometimes nitpicky, critique.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Viudeo is stupid. I shut it off within seconds of it trying to rpetend that ME was why BIO became so popular. Seriously, STFU, if you don't know what you are talking about.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All this ending discussion made me remember I haven't actually seen the Expanded Cut yet...

But, do I really want to replay earth? (even if going down on easy to spare combat fatigue)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Its pretty much the earth landing, I think there were some minor tweaks to how it ran, but the big differences were when you hit the beam of light to go up to the citadel.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Every time I saw a dream sequence in ME3 it made me think back to BG/BG2. Sure, those dream sequences weren't that great either... but at least you could interact in the dream on a more concrete level. Things would talk to you - and then you could talk back. In ME3, you're running around in awkward slow mo chasing a kid and it feels flat. Like, I'm not feeling anything but the contrived notion that I should be feeling disoriented. At least in BG/BG2, the dreams seemed to serve a fuller purpose instead of being intentionally vague.

Or at least, I'd probably give anything to tell that kid to take a hike. I don't want to chase his sorry ass and I want nothing to do with the 'conduit' or any of that nonsense.

The dream sequences reminded me more of the ones in F.E.A.R.2, attempting to set some sort of "tone" and utterly failing and just being annoying "WTF?" sequences instead.

The ones in Baldur's Gate 2 served a proper purpose and weren't as much dream sequences as they were the villain talking to you/manipulating you from a distance while you were asleep. The fact that Irenicus is an actual important character in the game instead of a prop conjured up for the sole purpose to try and evoke emotion also helps imo.

I don't think I had to replay all that much to get to the extended ending. It was only a few minutes of gameplay, if I recall.

From what I heard changes started with the "Miranda mission", though how major I can't say as I too have trouble finding the motivation to go through this game again.

OT: currently playing more Skyrim while installing Guild Wars 2, I hope it's better than current WoW which I'm about done with, MoP destroyed the last bit of enjoyable content in that game and if not for my guild I'd already have pulled the plug on it.

Some of the bugs in Skyrim are starting to irritate me though, I'm often asked if I have fur coming out of my ears while I haven't been a werewolf for ages and vampire NPCs stopped recognizing me for a vampire since I turned into a Vampire Lord with Dawnguard, on top of that I'm often still asked if I fetch the mead for the Companions while I actually completed that entire questchain a while ago (they used to say something different but somehow ended up reverting to this)...

If you don't want to drag your feet too much at the end there are two automatic savegame points at the citadel that you can hijack and rename to Save_00xx.pcsav to load it up Again.

The first of the last is right before you enter the control room where you meet the illusive man and the second is after you finished talking with moon-boy, but if you load that one moon-boy will be missing, so take your shots before that..

(Signatures: disabled) 

Guest The Architect

This has nothing to do with Mass Effect, but in that video with that guy with the nerdy voice talking about the questionable decisions made by the creators in Return of the Jedi, a picture of an ewok shows up and I'm thinking, "Yeah, another nerd who hates the ewoks." Why do so many people hate them for? They're cute. You ewok haters want them to perish? Not if I can help it!

This has nothing to do with Mass Effect, but in that video with that guy with the nerdy voice talking about the questionable decisions made by the creators in Return of the Jedi, a picture of an ewok shows up and I'm thinking, "Yeah, another nerd who hates the ewoks." Why do so many people hate them for? They're cute. You ewok haters want them to perish? Not if I can help it!

I think it's more that the Ewoks managed to defeat a technologically superior empire that was only slightly outnumbered by these little fuzzballs.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They did have Han freaking Solo on their side. And Tarzan Chewbacca!

(Though the results of the conflict is really just that the Shield Generator blows up. Not much visibility on what happens after)

Edited by alanschu

Guest The Architect

Yeah it's not like the ewoks single handedly defeated the empire. That might have had something to do with the rebels blowing up Death Star II, but hey, I'm just taking a stab in the dark with that one.

ROTJ needed an Ewok massacre scene, would have showed how evil the Empire was and such.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra