Mass effect Trilogy

greylord

I've gotten the games for both PS3 and PC. I actually prefer the playstyle on the console to tell the truth. However, previously I have only been able to play the entire trilogy on PC. So now, it appears they will be releasing the entire trilogy in a box set...Including for the first time...ME3 for the PS3 (wonder how they got that one pulled off with the MS wizards pushing Xbox).

I'm absolutely thrilled...that's a day one purchase for me. Comes out on Dec 31.

the biggest questions now are which DLCs are going to be included. The other question of course is if they are going to be DLC or if they are going to be on the disk (might be worth it to pick up PC copies if they actually include hard copies of the dlc on disk instead of d/ling it).

I'm psyched on this news...maybe I'm the only one...maybe not...

Anyone else???

Not really, but I already got the Mass Effect games and DLC's I need for now :)

(and I don't own any consoles)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, the only bummer is it appears that much of the DLC for computer is NOT on the disk. If I recall for the PC version they do have the two DLC on disk though...of course I already got it, but it has me thinking about picking it up for PC also. Biggest thing I'm wanting to know is if the extended ending is included for ME3 or not. If it's included on disk...I probably will buy...if not...probably will pass.

I think this could be good for PS3 owners who couldn't play ME1 before, but for me it's pretty much a non-purchase. I've already got all three games, and I've got the DLC for ME1 and ME2. So unless they add some features they haven't indicated yet, there's no point at all for me to buy this.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not really. I already have all three for PC and most of the DLC, which were all pretty good for ME2. I'm not sure about ME3 DLC since I didn't see the point of purchasing them because it didn't have affect the disappointing ending.

If they re-did ME1 so it had ME2 or 3 gameplay, I would definitely consider it. I do enjoy the combat in ME2 and ME3, especially the Vanguard class, which I think is the most versatile.

I bought an x360 just to play ME(1) on it (no regrets) and own all the three games on PC - I tried the PS3 demo back in the day, and found that I actually prefer the x360 controller for the mass effect games, even if the PS3 controller seems to fit my smallish (well, in comparison to the rest of me :p) hands better.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Omega? Is that a new expansion/DLC? The Omega station was my favourite place in ME2. Loved the "Bladerunnersque", dystopian atmosphere. Wouldn't mind a game that had that as a "basis" of operation.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Already got all 3 games, so yeah, not that interested either.

Don't have any of the DLC's though. Only really interested in the Shadow Broker one after all the stories I heard.

Back thing about DLC being on some BioWare network is I have no idea when they're on sale. If they are ever on sale. :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Omega? Is that a new expansion/DLC? The Omega station was my favourite place in ME2. Loved the "Bladerunnersque", dystopian atmosphere. Wouldn't mind a game that had that as a "basis" of operation.

Confirmed upcoming ME3 SP DLC. Exact content unknown, but can pretty much extrapolate if you've played the game and are remotely aware of the story in the comics.

From mined data, appears to be on the large (shadow broker) side and include a hub.

Edited by Nepenthe

Also

Confirmed upcoming ME3 SP DLC. Exact content unknown, but can pretty much extrapolate if you've played the game and are remotely aware of the story in the comics.

From mined data, appears to be on the large (shadow broker) side and include a hub.

Also, considered to be part of the reason Aria still lurks around the Citadel once you get all the mercs together.. She's waiting for you to get the dlc and go get Omega back for her.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It looks like right now PC gets downloadable content for ME1 on disc and downloadable access to ME2 dlc.

XBox360 gets no dlc on disc although it will all be downloadable if I read the descriptions correctly.

PS3 is still to be determined.

This, of course, means that there IS NO REASON for me to buy this since I CAN'T ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES AT HOME. And who knows if any of this junk is still available whenever I can afford to move? I suppose I can give up on ever seeing either the ME2 or ME3 extra stuff (including the supposed "improved" ending).

I probably wouldn't be so annoyed at this, except they did release the Bring Down the Sky dlc for ME1 back in the day which I gladly bought another copy of ME1 for. I'd do the same now since it'd be the only way to play this stuff for me or people like me who don't live in places where they can easily access high speed internet. But more and more companies just assume you have access to it and don't give a **** about those of us who don't.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm just bitter. :)

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Omega should be interesting, even if I suspect it'll be intense corridor warfare.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also, considered to be part of the reason Aria still lurks around the Citadel once you get all the mercs together.. She's waiting for you to get the dlc and go get Omega back for her.. :shifty:

I'd say it's less a case of "considered to be" and more one of "blatantly is". Basically the functional equivalent of ME2 Liara.

Now anybody want to take bets whether she'll be a dlc hawker like that DAO guy? Remember DAO, the perfect game that everybody says was sullied by it's sequel? Didn't think so... ;)

Why does this thread exist? I thought everybody hated Mass Effect after the ME3 ending fiasco.

Because nothing gets blown out of proportions on the interwebs...

ME3 still was a very good game 95% of the time, making me forget the sore taste ME2's complete lack of a story left there.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I always wanted to play the first Mass Effect on the ps3 because that's the platform I usually play most of my games on. Also, the first Mass Effect game was the most enjoyable in my opinion.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

That's the BIG thing I want to see about ME3 PC trilogy. IF they have the extended cut on disc and the DRM isn't that intrusive...I'll be very tempted to buy it.

PS3 already decided to get it. Thinking they should include the ME1 d/l items and at least the same items they included on disc for ME2 (why change the disk? It would mean more work then to simply release it as it was already with a patch or two included) which means Kasumi and Shadowbroker. ME3...don't know. Thought they should included extended cut on ALL the releases for ALL the platforms, still not certain they won't, just they haven't mentioned it yet.

Remember that in addition to not having to master new discs etc. ME1 and DLC were originally published by Microsoft, and ME2 was under some sort of timed exclusivity agreement - these might have repercussions for the rerelease, so it might not just be EA trying to stiff you. :p

Why does this thread exist? I thought everybody hated Mass Effect after the ME3 ending fiasco.

Because nothing gets blown out of proportions on the interwebs...

ME3 still was a very good game 95% of the time, making me forget the sore taste ME2's complete lack of a story left there.

ME3 was a good game, but a poor ending to an otherwise great series. Well, aside from ME2. ME2's gameplay and flow was much better than the first, but it's obvious that after the departure of ME1's lead writer they just pulled a lot of fecal matter out of their asses to fill the gap between 1 and 3. As is now usually the case with Bioware games, the characters are the best aspect of the game, and most make it worth playing. Except for Merill in DA2. I don't know what they were thinking with that mess.

• Like 1

As is now usually the case with Bioware games, the characters are the best aspect of the game, and most make it worth playing.

You know what, this is exactly how I feel about the latest BioWare games. I'm finding that the only thing that has kept me playing is the NPCs. Most of the time, the main story ranges from average to weak.

I think that's why I enjoyed ME2 as much as I did. As weak as the main story was, the fact that a good portion of the game dealt with quests associated with your party members was its saving grace for me.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)