Update #19 - $2.6M Achieved! Adventurer’s Hall in! Full List of Rewards at Every Tier, Art for T-Shirts and Mouse Pad

I was looking for instructions, but they all seemed to direct to the Kickstarter page, so I was wondering: Can you update your paypal donation somehow?

Edit: Aha! Custom donations aaall the way at the bottom. Got it. :)

Edited by Slaunyeh

Hooray for the Adventurer's Hall :lol: Anything more from here on in is like more toppings on an already very delicious cake. I am hoping Obsidian will continue to expand their staff line with more A-listers even after the fundraiser has ended. I think the best reward to everyone is a good game becoming an even better game.

I do have a question: looking at the breakdown of the rewards, will Steam versions of the game still be offered to pledgers?

And to Obsidian: when you love us, we know how to love you back :thumbsup:

Hooray for the Adventurer's Hall :lol: Anything more from here on in is like more toppings on an already very delicious cake. I am hoping Obsidian will continue to expand their staff line with more A-listers even after the fundraiser has ended. I think the best reward to everyone is a good game becoming an even better game.

I do have a question: looking at the breakdown of the rewards, will Steam versions of the game still be offered to pledgers?

And to Obsidian: when you love us, we know how to love you back :thumbsup:

I believe Steam is an option from the beginning. Once its release, we can choose to get a DRM free copy, or a Steam key.

1. The rewards state "digital downloadable copy of the game" and "collectors edition box version of the game". Are those two using the same code (I expect some code for activation)? I'm asking because in the digital reward tier it states a 2nd digital downloadable copy of the game, so obviously there you get the game twice to gift it away.

The $65 tier (where the boxed copy is initially introduced) explicitly says:

Previous reward tier + BOX VERSION OF PROJECT ETERNITY. The boxed copy will include a DVD version of the game and a printed manual. This is in addition to the digital version of the game (so 2 copies total!).

Since the higher tiers duplicate the rewards from the lower tiers, I believe the boxed copy and the downloadable copies always come with different keys.

Something I was wondering if you get yourself a copy of the game on linux windows or osx can you use one copy on for example both a linux laptop and a windows desktop or could you still use your copy if you moved over from windows to linux?

If you can use it on multiple platforms is this only the case for the steam version or desura version (we can savely assume steam is out for linux by then) or also the drm free version if it isn't distributed through desura?

Just something that isn't clear to me and could be very relevant as the first scenario is most likely how I would want to use it.

Edited by qlum

Woot! Thanks for expansion add-on! That's an extra $20 for you! Now I can get the Collector's Edition AND the expansion! $250 really was too much for me to upgrade to.

Edit: forgot to ask: Is that T-shirt design final? Or will "Project Eternity" be replaced with whatever ends up being the actual name of the game?

Edited by ImRhoven

Great update and love the cleaner explanations. Thanks for the expansion add-on, you'll get another $20 from me! Currently at $50 tier + $7 Strat Guide and soon +$20 expansion. I could go down to $35 tier but I'm a sucker for maps and in-game goodies, even if it is a pet. LOL

The expansion pack is an add-on, so you do the same thing as for the other add-ons. Let me find the Update for it:

http://www.kickstart...ty/posts/311594

So what you do, and I've been doing this since I have as many add-ons as my base tier, is you pledge for your tier and then manage your pledge by including the money for each add-on. At the end of the campaign, you'll get a message sent to the email account you used for Kickstarter asking what you want and how. So, if you bought in at $35, then you'll up your pledge by $25 to $60. At the end of the Kickstarter campaign, you'll respond to the email with instructions for the $35 tier and the $25 xpac. I hope this helps, but I would definitely read the update. The infor about add-ons is up at the top.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The expansion pack is an add-on, so you do the same thing as for the other add-ons. Let me find the Update for it:

http://www.kickstart...ty/posts/311594

So what you do, and I've been doing this since I have as many add-ons as my base tier, is you pledge for your tier and then manage your pledge by including the money for each add-on. At the end of the campaign, you'll get a message sent to the email account you used for Kickstarter asking what you want and how. So, if you bought in at $35, then you'll up your pledge by $25 to $60. At the end of the Kickstarter campaign, you'll respond to the email with instructions for the $35 tier and the $25 xpac. I hope this helps, but I would definitely read the update. The infor about add-ons is up at the top.

I asked about paypal.

c80k95dcsvwzozlwd.png

You see, there is no addon for the expansion.

So... is the "Donate Your Own Amount" button the way to go?

Digital Download of Expansion Pack +$20

Obsidian is offering for a limited time add-on for the expansion pack at $20 per digital copy. You just need to up your pledge accordingly (both Paypal and Kickstarter will support this) Pick the 'Donate your own amount' option and put in there the price you will pay for the expansion pack, in this example it is $20 per copy. Obsidian will email you after the kickstarter has ended to find out from you how you wish to allocate the funds you are pledging. In this case tell them you wish to buy an additional copy of the digital expansion pack.

I asked about paypal.
I beg pardon. I hope you manage to figure out the purchase. I know there *is* a way to do it on paypal.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You'd think for $250 they would give you both t-shirts.

Is the goal to spend more on goodies and less on the game? :huh: Just curious.

i don't get all those selfish tards neither... kickstarter is about to support the developers and fund a game, not to get the most goodies for your pledge -.-

In the business world it's called incentive.

kickstarter ain't no business - you're donating because of good will and you will recieve a reward. this reward is just a goodie and should not reflect the amount you pledged.

Edited by Semper

When I originally pledged, the tier I selected said it specifically came with a physical copy *and* 2 digital copies to give away as gifts. Looking at the reward tiers now, that appears to have changed.

If so, why? Where'd the extra digital copy go?

In the business world it's called incentive.

kickstarter ain't no business - you're donating because of good will and you will recieve a reward. this reward is just a goodie and should not reflect the amount you pledged.

The t-shirt might be thought of as a "talking point"; in one sense it gives you a certain conversation piece where you can talk about your experience of contributing to the Kickstarter. Handled right, that might even lead to more people contributing and playing the game.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."