If you wanted another class...

A new class?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose additional new class(es) what would it be like?

• Black Knight/Dark Templar/Warlock (Heavy armor, dark magics)
    • Necromancer/Summoner/Demonologist (Cloth armor, curses, relies on summoned creatures/skellies)
    • Tinker/Technomancer (Steam power, clockwork robots and contraptions, turrets)
    • Shaman/Witch/Voodoo (Primitive magic, hexes, frogs and totems)
    • Shapeshifter (turns into beasts or demons)
    • Other (please specify)

So with yesterday's additional 2 we have 11 classes which are:

wizard

warrior

priest

rogue

ranger

monk

druid

barbarian

cipher

paladin

chanter

Still do you want that spesific class that you dreamt of? If so, what would it be like?

Of course I didn't put in stuff that's already much like what we have such as Bard (chanter), Assassin (rogue) or Beastmaster (ranger). Yet I've added shapeshifter since we don't know if Druids will have this feature as in world of warcraft.

I'd rather see more races get added, as 11 classes is already a pretty hefty amount.

• Like 8

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

Necromancer is hands down the best choice here, folks. Nothing to see, please go home... ;)

Seriously tho, I really doubt there will be more classes announced before the end of the KS campaign.

Many of the choices in the pool looks really promising. There were tinker gnomes in Dragonlance, and often races of shorter stature get handed that role (GW 2, for instance). Too predictable, I reckon, I want to see a grimy, more starking mad tinkerer, I reckon.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Engineer would be something like a combination between archer and wizard but by using "modern" technology. He could use guns and bombs/grenades (like in Assassins Creed). Would be a classic support class but with a new, unspent flavor. :)

35167v4.jpg

11 classes is already a bit too much, I was pretty happy with 3 classes. I really hate classes like Barbarian or Priest. Because that mean that for example every priest have to wear heavy armors in battles, cast divine spells and use blunt weapons. Because warrior or a wizard cannnot be priest, even if they warship god of war, goodness of magic or something. Not to mention normal people. Class should describe your skills/fighting style, not your goddamn lifestyle.

• Like 1

I don't think rogue (could be a non-combat class from locksmith to pickpocket to diplomat to spy to con-man to a combat class like a spellscroll using mage) automatically equals assassin (combat class with paralysing sneak attacks/poisons).

I'd like to see a Shadowdancer (hide/move silently) or duelist (int based offense/defense) class. Of course all of those could fit under rogue but then a necromancer could fit under wizard, a shaman under priest and a paladin under fighter. If you look at it like that you only need a fighter/mage/priest/rogue class.

I don't know if we really need new classes, since we got already 11 + sub/prestige.

Shapeshifter is just kind of a druid and still there are threads discussing events of becoming a vampire/werewolve etc...

And also a necromancer is just a evil priest focusing on one art.

From now on things to give more variability in this game should be talents/skills/spells(-tree), races, and special events by choice.

I agree with the general consensus here that we have enough at the moment, but if I was forced to choose one from the list I would pick Necromancer, though I never play them myself. Basically we are at a stage where most of the traditional classes are a dilution of the ones already set Assassin/Thief is just a Rogue, Swashbuckler/Knight is just a Warrior, Illusionist/Sorcerer is just a Mage.

Anything added now would have to stand out as truly unique, so far Necromancer is the only one that fits the bill. (Tinker/Technomancer/Engineer does not fit that 14th century theme)

• Like 1

I certainly agree we have more than enough before an expansion, yet this poll is for you to say if you have that must-have class missing in the list. For me, Tinker/engineer is a must have in a setting that has guns and industry and it would be what I pick for my PC without a doubt.

wizard - Necro, Demonologist, Summoner, different schools of magic (if their are any), Blood Mage, Sorceror, Illusionist

warrior - Blackguard, Wizard Slayer, Phalanx, Swashbuckler, Marksman,

priest - Cleric of (insert god), Battlecleric, Necromancer could fit here too,

rogue - Assassin, Wizard hunter, Duelist, Shadowdancer, Pirate

ranger - Archer, Beast Master, Tracker,

monk - Monastic orders, different martial arts

druid - Shapeshifter, Elementalist, Totemic, Herbalist, Shaman

barbarian - Berserker, Amazon, Dothraki, Apache (many populations less technologically advanced were seen as barbarians, this is not me belittling other cultures)

cipher - Goodness knows what subclasses this could have... Blood bender-esq, Psychic,

paladin - Knight, Warlord, Protector, Anti-paladin,

chanter - Paragon esq (Guild wars heavy armour ranged and buffs), Skald

For me, it is pretty low tech so there would be no tinkerer or steam punk stuff. They have single shot wheel lock pistols at best.

Edited by IchigoRXC
  • Like 1

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

As others have said, I'd prefer another race or two than another class. Playing a specific race should nuance the play style of the classes anyway, so in terms of giving players more options I think a race or two more and not anymore classes is the way to go.

You are aware the technology of PE is around 1400's so there would not be much for an engineer to do.

They have firearms, so, they can have a lot of other things related to technology. And this is a fantasy world, not a simulation of our medieval age. They can have some nice engineering. The only limitation is our imagination.

If you do some research in our history, you will find some amazing engineering from times even more remote than the 1400s.

No more classes. Definitely not anything with "shadow" in the name; how overdone and boring. :p

11 classes is already a bit too much, I was pretty happy with 3 classes. I really hate classes like Barbarian or Priest. Because that mean that for example every priest have to wear heavy armors in battles, cast divine spells and use blunt weapons. Because warrior or a wizard cannnot be priest, even if they warship god of war, goodness of magic or something. Not to mention normal people. Class should describe your skills/fighting style, not your goddamn lifestyle.

Wrong game. This isn't D&D.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)