Crossroads Keep style castle for Project Eternity

I quote all of these, because between them all, it's all that I want to see. As for those who do not want a stronghold: Unlike NWN2, it could be entirely optional in the game. You don't want it, go do something else. And from the way donations are still going strong, I'm sure their will be a rather long list of something else's to do.

I'm okay with a stronghold as a goal. I just don't want to spend the rest of the game decorating the place (without a compensating benefit). If I wanted to build a castle I'd buy a kit. :)

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Thanks for replying guys it's much appreciated and it is nice to see others who enjoyed Crossroads Keep and the strongholds of BG2.

Truth be told my perfect game would be a role playing strategy game with many choices but the scale of such a game would be a bit daunting. Like playing a character who forges an empire and is hands on so still adventuring and general role playing but with many choices that have consequences.

The closest so far has been Neverwinter Nights 2 as you personally forge alliances and strengthen a critical fortress however I must admit I loved Mask of the Betrayer more for it's fantastic story and intriguing ideas so I hope the stretch goal is reached to get George Ziets on the project. Mask of the Betrayer is the only game to date that forced me to stop role playing an evil character on my second playthrough when I spoke to the Big Tree guy in the spirit forest.

Anyway as long as there is some good companions with some intersting banter and stories I will be happy with Project Eternity.

At least with the fans being the financial partners in this endeavour Obsidian will not be forced to rush a game out before it is fully ready as that has been their downfall in the past I think (Lots of missing content in Stars Wars the old republic 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 and a few others).

Anyone else know any games that give you choices and a very important role like a King? I already have almost every Bioware and Obsidian game made so I know about those ones :)

Thanks for all your responses again and I hope this thread stays alive as it makes it more likely to get this put into a stretch goal :)

Yes, that's the sweet stuff which I really love.

I think it's to complex to design 11 kinds of stronghold by classes. How about to design 2 kinds of it, one for non-magic classes, one for magic classes. That will be easy to achieve.

Another funny stuff with stronghold, I want to have a knighthood in PE. The feeling is really good to be called "My lord." :ban: Then add a few diplomacy quests, a few conflict and alliance with other strongholds. The game will be cool eough.

But knighthood is not enough for such addressing as correct addressing for knight is Sir or Dear Sir. You should be at least Lord Channelor, Lord Mayor or something like that .

:dancing:

OK, now I learn two new words~So let me become a Lord Mayor!

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Actually I expect some strategic features from already achieved housing. Yes, for 200 000$ stretch I expect something more than chilax with elves. Is that wrong?

Anyone else know any games that give you choices and a very important role like a King? I already have almost every Bioware and Obsidian game made so I know about those ones :)

I heard that Depths of Peril kinda does that, but I can't recommend it to you, since I haven't enough courage to try it. :ermm:

• Like 1

Actually I expect some strategic features from already achieved housing. Yes, for 200 000$ stretch I expect something more than chilax with elves. Is that wrong?

I heard that Depths of Peril kinda does that, but I can't recommend it to you, since I haven't enough courage to try it. :ermm:

It's a pretty fun game over all. Plus, it's only like ten bucks.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

Truth be told my perfect game would be a role playing strategy game with many choices but the scale of such a game would be a bit daunting. Like playing a character who forges an empire and is hands on so still adventuring and general role playing but with many choices that have consequences.

Yes. Even if its on a smaller scale like building a settlement over time and dealing with neighbors. No need to be a king as long as through your adventuring you can strengthen your "stronghold" or whatnot. My ideal one is still a "new world" type game where you are in charge of a colony and have to deal with natives and neighboring colonies and even relations with your patron nation in the old world. Plenty of exploration and adventure, but plenty of strategy elements developing your colony.

Heres hoping for PE2?

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Crossroads Keep worked because it was part of the story. While I liked it, I'm hesistant to want something like that in PE. I think I'd like BG2 style variable strongholds with just a couple of quests attached. I mostly just want to base of operations. Somewhere to store crafting materials and other stuff I don't want to sell and where the party members can hang out.

SODOFF Steam group.

Thanks for the recommendation Milten and the info Hanged Man :)

Thanks for the recommendation Milten and the info Hanged Man :)

Whenever I wanted to be a King I played Birthright

Though it sure wasn't the best game ever :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Thanks for the suggestion Melkathi will check it out :)

I think a lot of what I liked about Crossroads Keep was that how you ran it was commented upon by NPCs like when I had a high Appraise skill I could talk about those 3 trading companies that wanted to set up in Crossroads Keep and impress the quartermaster lady with my knowledge making me feel like the skill points I invested where worthwhile. Also all the money I accumulated in my adventures could be used constructively and even to save poor villages from paying war taxes! Also the ending epilogue slides also showed how you had run it and how it ended up :)

Even if there is no cool stronghold for the player I would just be happy if NPCs reacted to all the extra things I did like completing every sidequest or resolving a situation in an interesting way like how NPCs in Deus Ex Revolutions would comment on my play style.

An example of games that really disappointed me recently in that regard are Kingdoms of Amalur, Skyrim and Dragon Age 2.

Beware some spoilers now for these games:

Kingdoms of Amalur Spoiler: I had become a leader of every side-quest faction possible yet no one except for one fey guy in the capital city said anything about it making my achievements mean a lot less as I got the same reactions whether I had done a thousand side-quests or none. Also in the last part of the game I could rebuild a castle to former glory but when it was done it had no use whatsoever which annoyed me as the castle was in enemy territory so I was hoping it helped my main campaign in some way however minor.

Skyrim Spoiler: I had spent numerous hours becoming the leader of the Companions and the Mages and what do I get at the end of my endeavours? One person saying "You are our leader now...." The end! So anticlimatic where is my ceremony of inauguration?? At least bring all the members together to congratulate me or something!

Dragon Age 2 spoiler: Mainly just annoyed that the ending didn't get an epilogue like Dragon age origins telling me those little side-quests I did actually made a difference to some characters and the outcome of my bigger choices.

Basically I don't need much except for some main story NPCs to have one line of dialogue mentioning all those side-quests I did as the problem with most side-quests in RPGs (in my opinion) is that they rarely ever tie into the main campaign which kinda makes me feel a little silly at times helping a lady get some rare apples when the evil overlord is pillaging the land :p

Anyway rant over :p

I hope the NPCs will be sightly reactive to the players actions and accomplishments in Project Eternity and truth be told it is quite simple to do with just a few extra lines of dialogue and coding to create the illusion :p

What do you guys and gals think about NPC reactivity? Any games that do it quite well?

P.S Alpha Protocol did some of this right when NPCs spoke about how stealthy or violent I was :)

• Like 1

I'd like Ultima Online style housing, which means if you can afford it you can get a damn castle.

Of course it comes empty and you have to fill it with items you craft/buy/find.

But that's what was awesome, if you were willing to put the time and effort you could make a badass house.

Well that and the fact the other people saw it and were affected by it....good times man. Best MMORPG ever created.

Edited by jivex5k

Crossroad Keep was the best part of the NWN 2 campaign...

... but I think it was a huge god damn resource sink for Obsidian. While I'd love it, I think it's beyond the scope of PE...

Well they are welcome to take out that endless dungeon and use those resources for a new Crossroad Keep :)

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 Million stretch Goal achieved.... Thank you Obsidian I have now pledged some more :)

Well time for some 12 hour shifts to pay for my pledges :p

From the description I am hopeful that Obsidian is adding the kind of stronghold I and others wished for :)

Thanks again and I look forward to playing the game in a few years and remember since gamers are funding you I hope you wont have to rush the project and make it the directors cut you wished for!