OK, Obsidian you defeat me!

Speak frankly, I'm a little disspointed yesterday when I saw updated #17. WL2 adding can't make PE different, and I have already bought WL2 boxed collectors edition. A free expantion is fine but now we should put all ideas into the basic game. If the basic game be successful, who care about paying money for expantion again?

Finally when I waked up 20 minutes ago this morning, I saw the amazing stretch goals that really touched me. Not marketing strategy or selling strategy, but a stuff which can make PE greater. Now we have a dream team from Obsidian with George Ziets, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer and Chris Avellone. I'm really sure PE will become another great PRG as PS;T. So if OE try all their best to make a great game, I will try my best to help, design a hell cool artifact into PE( you guys really should allow me to design a special ability for the artifact, not only lore,look, and type :banghead: )

There was a Chinese proverb:"You can't bring money into the coffin with you." Every backers, I think this is a good time to up our pledge. Forget those cool bicycle, Hi-Fi or luxurious bag, you aren't really need them. To join a great project will become the best Christmas gift :dancing: So please press the blue button to kick PE ahead, don't wait for last day!

By the way, where is my golden badge? I'm eager to see some golden thing :devil:

Edited by bronzepoem
  • Like 2

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Adding new, proven writers is exactly the kind of stuff that gets me more excited for P:E. And Mask of the Betrayer was one of the best RPGs in ages.

Bumped my pledge accordingly. Even though I'll have a hard enough time explaining my existing pledge.

*sob*

Edited by Death Machine Miyagi
  • Like 4

the screenshot/lore will be on thursday, so we're still one update away on that.

but otherwise, agreed with the FP. this was an amazing update, and shows that they're really listening and trying to do as much as they can. which is awesome.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

BronzePoem,

Like you, I really can't wait for PE to be out... It's a dream come true! :w00t:

Yes, that's a dream.

I still remember the shocking experience when I first played PS:T 13 years ago. That summer vacation I spent my 2 month pocket money, 98 RMB, to buy the big black box of PS:T. It just equaled to 15 dollar, but it's a big amount of money at that decade for a kid. The box still is one of my favorite treasure, although the translation was really terribleT_T.

After that I spent 13 years waiting for a greater RPG. Now Obsidian give me the hope, you guys must succeed :devil:

And a small wish, if it possible, give us a offcial Chinese translation. I know there are many organizations in China composed by crazy Blackisle believers can support free translation work~

• Like 1

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

BronzePoem,

Like you, I really can't wait for PE to be out... It's a dream come true! :w00t:

Yes, that's a dream.

I still remember the shocking experience when I first played PS:T 13 years ago. That summer vacation I spent my 2 month pocket money, 98 RMB, to buy the big black box of PS:T. It just equaled to 15 dollar, but it's a big amount of money at that decade for a kid. The box still is one of my favorite treasure, although the translation was really terribleT_T.

After that I spent 13 years waiting for a greater RPG. Now Obsidian give me the hope, you guys must succeed :devil:

And a small wish, if it possible, give us a offcial Chinese translation. I know there are many organizations in China composed by crazy Blackisle believers can support free translation work~

Your English must be pretty good. I only played PST when a bit grown up :blush: and some it was quite wordy. Hadn't even heard of some of the words like berk, cant... :p It would be great if they had an official Chinese Translation but I wonder whether there's a large enough market for these type of games in China.

By the way, are there any great Chinese RPGs nowadays? I think it's quite limited, but there's a lot of MMO's I believe. I wonder why no Chinese company is picking up the Romance of the Three Kingdoms strategy game nowadays, since Koei seems to have stopped developing it. Yeah, RTK12 is out but it's pretty dumbed down.

Obviously MoTB and its writing team are really inspiring the base. It must be gratifying for the writing talent of OBS (including Ziets obviously) to be so readily and openly appreciated.

One small point to make is that they could have considered doing this earlier. An earlier thread suggested that the writer was willing quite early in the piece but hey, perhaps it was a tactical move on OBS part.

Certainly seemed to have worked as I'm sacrificing a fair bit of my coffee money for this one!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

How is the inclusion of paladins and chanters (the latter of which many people will think of as psuedo-bards) as well as George Ziets who they know is a fan favourite and who will make them more money not a marketing strategy? Don't get me wrong, including all these things is a nice fan service, but for that selfsame reason it will also make them money so as a bottom line I think that is now the stronger motivator than them doing it just because they are all nice chaps. Overall I think the game has been very successfully marketed with the limitted means of kickstarter as opposed to the ad campaign of a major publisher, and for that I'm pleased as more money will help to make a better game on the whole.

I fully expect to see more incentives put up as we count down to the end. Money will be more in focus; the motivation to get it will be bigger, clearer, and more obvious. And that is okay by me, this is from the start a fundraiser. Which I see as a good thing since I have donated, I will be enjoying the incentives. This is the first PE game. You only to get to do the first game once, so I expect Obsidian to go all out to gather enough resources and make it a phenomenon.