New Goals 2.7 and 2.8 revealed!

Yeah, I really hope Chanter is bard-ish, or at least Rogue-ish. Like Moirnelithe, I too see a definite deficiency in the stealthy/utility area and a surplus in the warrior/caster area.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Lol I'm not trolling. Chanting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbE5HtqU7us

EDIT: Some magic of the soul = Singing/Chanting/Incantation

Also, this monk is badass ;)

2nd EDIT: I can see the Chanter being a Monk/Priest/Bard (Brother Tuck springs to mind). Rogue? Possibly, if a "Town Crier" could be seen as a "Chanter", sure.

Edited by Osvir

George Ziets on the team is very nice, though I think we have enough classes by now. Why they don't put up a goal like the one for 2.2 (more regions) is beyond me given that seems to be what most people are interested in. Hopefully they're saving it for the 3 million mark so I can have a reason to increase my pledge.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

George Ziets is nice, though I think we have enough classes by now. Why they don't put up a goal like the one for 2.2 (more regions) is beyond me given that seems to be what most people are interested in. Hopefully they're saving it for the 3 million mark so I can have a reason to increase my pledge.

I deem it: The more classes, the more regions. As every class is woven into the world... right? So if there is Paladin's in the game, that would equal more Temple's (or just 1 Temple)/culture. Maybe even crusader's of light traveling around in an area to slay evil and so on. Patrols, history/lore, abilities. I believe the game becomes much richer as a whole the more classes there are.

Edited by Osvir

Interesting. Although I'm starting to notice a lack of rogue-like classes. All the add-ons seem to be fighter/priest/mage classes.

wtb bard/shadowdancer/assassin/duelist builds

Yea, getting it too and its really dissapointing. Actually, they stink of 'Hero' classes, where are the necromancers? summoners, cultists? Black knights? Assassins, etc. Even if you say you can play them 'evil' they seem to lean toward 'hero' by their very definition. Palidan are like warlords with faith? Then call them something else besides palidan and change them up, palidan has too much baggage by its very name in my opinion, like elves and dwarves. The latest stretchgoals honestly have been dissapointing. Barbarians? Pallidans? This on top of elves and dwarves is making my faith waver for something original a bit. Part of me wonders what 'NEW' thing will be next stretch goal. Dragons? Orcs? halflings? *sigh*

Even if they make another stretch goal and added some non hero classes, it is so close to the end there is a good chance it would not be added. ;(

Dragon Knight would be a nice addition now that I think about it.

As Rogue is a pretty broad Class in itself I am sure we'll see some sort of variations of it I.E "Class Path". As an example, I think it might turn something along the way of being able to create an Assassin Rogue, or a more Utility Rogue, and of course a Thief Rogue (I wish to say that Assassin, Rogue and Thief are 3 different "classes" by themselves).

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chant

Edited by Osvir

Solid update. i feel bad for Zeits though having his employment hanged soley on that. So.. Obsidian has contacted him to work for/with them. They've even gone over his potential duties.. yet what are they gonna do if that goal isn't reached? tell him to get lost? Nah.. seriously doubt that. I'd say Ziets is coming on board no matter what at this point so that is likely a fake goal. Heh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If he works on other projects for Obsidian than Project Eternity then it wouldn't be a fake goal :) But I guess the goal is still probably going to be reached. The question will be if we can hit 3 million and 3.2 million goals that hopefully will be more story-focussed. Ziets is surely a good man, MotB was surely well done, but didn't he also write for dungeon siege 3? I have never heard anyone complementing on that game (personally I haven't played it for long I must admit, couldn't stand it. Played the Witcher 2 and never looked back).

The classes are ok, people wanted them, so they get them. I think that's it for classes :)

I liked the wording of the paladin description. A focus on ideological zeal and monastic discipline, but still freedom for different causes and different orders rather than the simplistic "Always Lawful Good" of yesteryear. There's plenty of room there for new interpretations and interesting applications of the class, which is gratifying after so much contrary bleating by people who felt that a paladin archetype would automatically be shallow and stodgy and somehow doomed to fail without morality mechanics. Mechanically, the addition of "commands" will make for a nice touch to strategic gameplay, and I'm hopeful to see passive auras in there as well.

Edited by Sarog

I'm going to go ahead and close this. It started up before the update went live, but now the discussion can be had in update #18. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61253-update-18-george-ziets-paladins-add-ons-rewards-and-more/

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."