I don't want PE to be another Icewind Dale

I'd guess no - the Infinity engine games didn't have that mechanic, and it probably fits better into a turn-based game.

I'm sure Josh and Tim will dream up a cool critical hit/miss system or something though.(HOPES!)

I can see the aiming feature fit into it though, but at the same time no. Leaning more towards no personally, but it could work :p exclusive for long range fighters such as an Archer with an "Aim"-feat/perk perhaps? Oh right there's gonna be guns in this one, I kind of forgot.

Sorry for my poor English.Chris has mentioned your idea of reputation system in kickstarter and I love it. What I mean in my post is the combat system in fallout which allow us to attack different parts of enemies' body. I think that system can combine with real-time pause system and support great fun, especially in the combat with gaint monsters^_^

I'd guess no - the Infinity engine games didn't have that mechanic, and it probably fits better into a turn-based game.

I'm sure Josh and Tim will dream up a cool critical hit/miss system or something though.(HOPES!)

Yes, it fits turn-based game better. But I think it also fit real-time pause system as well,with a good redesign. I wish this system could be added because melee combat will become very funny by it. And the tactics of melee classes will be great improved,too. You know the boring Melee combats was the big weakness in those IE games. Edited by bronzepoem

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

PE is not another BG, another IWD, or another PS:T. We want to take the best elements from each game to make something new. From BG, the exploration and companion interaction, from IWD, the environments and tactical combat, and from PS:T, the highly-reactive narrative and exploration of mature themes.

Oh, wait, but the companion interaction was superior in PS:T compared to BG... :sweat: :sweat:

Yeah, this, I don't know about modded versions, but the original Baldur's Gate games, while having pretty decent companion interaction, can't compare to the level of detail we got in Torment (that Dak'kon's wisdom-based quest...), heck, Mask of the Betrayer, KOTOR2 and New Vegas did it better too! Can you get into detail about this, Josh?

I am sure the companion interaction will be pretty great in this game with the team they have together. Considering that this game will have fewer companions than BG2, they will probably be able to make each companion a bit more meaningful.

On a related note, I always felt BG2 had pretty good companion banter and quests. I would have liked if the companions all had some more quests attached to them but what was there was pretty good.

For a bit of fun, try having Mazzy and Korgan in the same party. Korgan and Aerie is fun too (mostly because I hated Aerie).

On a related note, I always felt BG2 had pretty good companion banter and quests. I would have liked if the companions all had some more quests attached to them but what was there was pretty good.

For a bit of fun, try having Mazzy and Korgan in the same party. Korgan and Aerie is fun too (mostly because I hated Aerie).

Jan Jansen vs. Korgan and Imoen vs. Korgan. Pure fun.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

PE is not another BG, another IWD, or another PS:T. We want to take the best elements from each game to make something new. From BG, the exploration and companion interaction, from IWD, the environments and tactical combat, and from PS:T, the highly-reactive narrative and exploration of mature themes.

Oh, wait, but the companion interaction was superior in PS:T compared to BG... :sweat: :sweat:

Yeah, this, I don't know about modded versions, but the original Baldur's Gate games, while having pretty decent companion interaction, can't compare to the level of detail we got in Torment (that Dak'kon's wisdom-based quest...), heck, Mask of the Betrayer, KOTOR2 and New Vegas did it better too! Can you get into detail about this, Josh?

KOTOR2 better then Baldur's Gate? Really?

I politely disagree, the BG companions are far more memorable for me then the KOTOR2 ones.

It will be action H&S like Diablo 3 with overtop asian combat and flashy effects added...

I came to PE via the Planescape: Torment hook, but if it's going to have over the top combat and a pinup anime aesthetic, I'm going to have to raise my pledge! Those are the two things PST was always missing.

I politely disagree, the BG companions are far more memorable for me then the KOTOR2 ones.

I think KOTOR 2's companion strength is mostly due to Kreia, who's more nuanced than the companions of BG. Minsc is endearing and memorable, but not the deepest of characters. For me, I think KOTOR 2 suffered from being a sequel, as I remember the characters from KOTOR much better than those of KOTOR 2.

Personally, I find Planescape: Torment's characters to be the most memorable, and the interactions with them to be the example I hope PE follows. For example, the revelation that came from fully unlocking Dak'kon's Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon was mind blowing.

I think KOTOR 2's companion strength is mostly due to Kreia, who's more nuanced than the companions of BG. Minsc is endearing and memorable, but not the deepest of characters. For me, I think KOTOR 2 suffered from being a sequel, as I remember the characters from KOTOR much better than those of KOTOR 2.

Personally, I find Planescape: Torment's characters to be the most memorable, and the interactions with them to be the example I hope PE follows. For example, the revelation that came from fully unlocking Dak'kon's Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon was mind blowing.

I didn't like Kreia, especially when she betrays me out of no where. I just found it obnoxious I guess. I haven't played Planescape Torment though I keep hearing it's good. I guess its different for everyone, you like who you can relate to, I'm one of the few that actually likes Aerie and gets annoyed with Jaheria and Viconia.

I didn't like Kreia, especially when she betrays me out of no where.

You may have missed there a lot if you thought it's out of nowhere.

You may want to read this sometime http://lparchive.org...ld-Republic-II/

It's an LP that summarizes pretty well, why some people (like me) like KOTOR 2 so much and have a deep respect for it. It's also an amazing/funny read anyway.

Edited by C2B

It's an LP that summarizes pretty well, why some people (like me) like KOTOR 2 so much and have a deep respect for it.

I loved Kotor2 minus the fact that half the game remained on the disc itself and a group of people had to code it all together so we could play the full game.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

It's an LP that summarizes pretty well, why some people (like me) like KOTOR 2 so much and have a deep respect for it.

I loved Kotor2 minus the fact that half the game remained on the disc itself and a group of people had to code it all together so we could play the full game.

Even with the restored content mode we don't really have everything that was originally planned.

Edited by C2B

Even with the restored content mode we don't really have everything that was originally planned.

I was actually not aware of that, heh. That's pretty bad, but it just goes to show why Obsidian chose to make the game using a Kickstarter. Forced, rushed, hurried products, I think we've all had enough of them.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

It's an LP that summarizes pretty well, why some people (like me) like KOTOR 2 so much and have a deep respect for it. It's also an amazing/funny read anyway.

I just read the wiki page on her and my opinion is the same. The force is NOT a sentient creature we are people with choices and she choose to use the force to manipulate, kill and grab power in an attempt to shape the universe the way SHE thought was right. It's really not much better then the Sith.

I don't want to derail the thread suffice to say I like the BG characters better then the KOTOR ones. Some of them probably could have done with some "let's think outside our narrow box here" kind of thinking (Ie Kheldorn)