Huzzah, barbarians and ciphers are in!

Well, it's like 20 000 $ left till 2.5 Mill on KS, and Feargus said that Paypal is over 20 000 some day ago, so in fact we get two new classes. I may very well try out a Cipher for my first go at PE. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Good news then. I'm sure everyone looking forward to the two classes will still breathe easier when the Kickstarter counter actually reads the required number though. ;)

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

And it will, mark my words: Just go over there and click "refresh" like 2 000 times and presto!

On a more serious note, maybe I was too eager here, but I am pretty certain that PayPal ain't the problem. Those guys have already paid. Pledgers tend to get cold feet now and then (this I've gathered from staring at the Kickstarter screen for three consecutive days... :o )

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

i think thats not right, because on obsidians page (on the bottom page) there is a FAQ which answers the question "Are my PayPal donations applied to the Kickstarter funding goal?" with the following:

"Unfortunately no. PayPal donations do NOT count toward our Kickstarter funding goals. PayPal donations will still receive the appropriate tier rewards however. Kickstarter is our primary method for funding the project; if it doesn't hit it's funding goal, even if we have PayPal donations that would bring it over the goal, the Kickstarter will still go unfunded."

http://eternity.obsidian.net/

Edited by HumanFlesh+5

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

Weird, I haven't got the quote from Feargus, but he said the other day, when the 2.4 M goal was about to be reached something to the effect of "with the PayPal pledgers, that stretch goal is already reached." And Feargus is the CEO, so I say Fear-Gus! (Apologies for the bad pun, Feargus and all)

Feargus said that even if they are not numerically accounted into the page (cannot be added to the kickstarter numbers) they were going to count them toward the goals at the end of the kickstarter campaign.

EDIT:

from update 15

"Please note that pledges made through PayPal will not show up on our Kickstarter page, though we will count them toward stretch goals at the end of the campaign."

Edited by DocDoomII

Basically from what I have seen, (no i am not going to find all the quotes), the paypal does add to the stretch goals, but they won't really count them until the end. Yes we have officially past the next stretch goal, but we probably won't get an update about it until we pass it solely on Kickstarter.

I could be wrong about this as we should get an update today and they could slide in "with paypal we have reaches xxx amounts so well done" kinda thing :)

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

Yes, OP indeed you are 1,000,000,000% correct. Happy dance time for the single greatest upgrade the game is likely to get!!! The Cipher class.

What that statement in the paypal section says is that if the game had not reached 1.1 mil the paypal donations would not have helped. But they will be counted towards stretch goals because the project has been successfully founded so they will receive all the money pledged. Aside from that we have also achieved another level to the dungeon between kickstarter and paypal.....the kickstarter is something like 36 pledges short of the 55000 so that one is accomplished as well.

But paypal aside we are very close to sealing both of these great milestones through kickstarter alone in a matter of hours. Looking forward to seeing what 2.7 mil and beyond will bring us.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg