Update #17: Brian Fargo from inXile Kicks In, Obsidian Kicks it Forward, New $165 Tier, and Expansion

@ nikita

that's not going to be the release price of wasteland 2, i'd bet you anything. just like 20 or 25 isn't going to be the release price of this game. they're giving it to you a discount to fund the game. also, you're backing, not buying, the project.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

possibly ogrezilla... just have to see what happens. :-)

i've decided that i like you

seriously though, i'll probably buy it. kinda feel like a jerk taking it for free without having backed it or backing this enough to get it. at least I say that now because nobody is actually offering me a free copy haha

Edited by ogrezilla

Nice update.

Including Wasteland 2 as a reward for mid-higher tiers is a great idea. I don't expect it to trigger a massive rise in the amounts being pledged, given that a lot of cRPG fans will already have followed/backed the Wasteland 2 kickstarter... but i'm sure there's still quite a few out there who only caught on to kickstarters with the announcement of Project Eternity.

This is where I fit in. And I have played lots of CRPG, but they have almost always been Tolkienesque/D&D in character, so Wasteland 2 and Kickstarter are just happy news to me. Also, I have no use for all those material things, I've become almost entirely digitalized. I soon consist solely of zeros and ones, I mean it. So, for me I did switch to this pledge tier: Backing Obsidian and getting PE, PE xp, Chris' novella and Wasteland 2 is more than enough for me. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Is it just a little little bit too early to be talking about expansions? o.O

it's one of those things that come up when they're figuring out what they can and can't do in the game. some of the ideas that are really big, but wouldn't fit in with the time/funds that they have for this. so while doing that they'll be like, well what if we used that in an expansion? and from that point on they have a basic idea of what they're going to do for that, and they don't have to worry about it. they can also figure out how to fit stuff from that into the game to make it tie more into the expansion. so really it's a good thing overall.

Master Wetboy of the Obsidian Order of Eternity

If they added the add-ons for those prices, I might actually go for it nikita. The way I see it is that I'm $123 away from the next 'tier.' If they can put together something that gets me close to that, I'll probably bite the bullet. If I add another $35 for another friend for whom I buy Christmas gifts (not the greedy-assed friend), then I can scratch one more name off my shopping list. Then it's a matter of deciding how I want to do things. If the xpac add-on is $35, then I'll pledge for that for one particular friend for whom I've already purchased the $35 game and then I'll just let him know that it's his Christmas and birthday gifts for the upcoming year. That's seventy buck right off the bat, and then I could just figure out the tetris. ...And everything other than my particular tier is digital only. Right now, it stands at my pledge tier, three $35 game tiers, two $7 hint book tiers for two of the people getting games, and an extra eight bucks as a nod to the Order. If I decide to get a $35 tier for one more friend, add another $35 for the xpac for one of the other friends, and then I'm approx fifty buck away from the next 'tier' so to speak. I could get there any number of ways, but it's all pure speculation until we find out more about what Obsidz plans to do. I really want to add more, but I *must* have a reason to do it. I have time to decide, and so I'm waiting.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well here’s a nice surprise that comes with this morning’s cup of coffee!

Did I really just wake up to find both an expansion pack and Wasteland 2 have been added to my pledge tier? Might be a bit early, but I’m hearing jingle bells!

Thank you, Obsidian, and thank you, Mr. Fargo!

• Like 1

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

For this kind of game and this kind of game world it can never be too early to speak of an expansion. Why? Because it is in fact a world we're speaking about. It's like wondering if JRR Tolkien really should have mentioned to his son that the story actually continues after the mines of Moria. Of course, it did, it was already woven into the saga fabric from the beginning. I have the feeling that the guys at Obsidian didn't just hatch this world a fortnight ago. They've been letting it stew for years, throughout their entire gaming lives. Tolkien too took his time first, like decades.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Well here’s a nice surprise that comes with this morning’s cup of coffee!

Did I really just wake up to find both an expansion pack and Wasteland 2 have been added to my pledge tier? Might be a bit early, but I’m hearing jingle bells!

Thank you, Obsidian, and thank you, Mr. Fargo!

Let me pretend I am Obsidian's emissary:

"Your welcome, good sir!"

• Like 2

Such great news! I'm already a ks for W2 but an extra copy is the occasion to convert a friend to old school rpg goodness. Maybe his head will explode like a blood sausage.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

"What can change the nature of a man?"

Feels like a room full of old men in here. Grumble, grumble, grumble, ... :cat:

It's a room full of people who backed a project based on their love for the IE. We kinda are old men... ok middle aged... but as a starting audience we are getting closer to old than young :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It is too early to comment on the proposed expansion pack whether it will be of a good length of content or just a small DLC masquerading as an expansion pack. Seeing that most here have backed the project, we got to trust them at this point. Six months is I feel a tad short to make an expansion pack, but we do not know that ... yet. We got to keep the trust. And many a times the developers have said it again and again, they feel the pressure our awesome response has given them, and Obsidian is virtually making nostalgia history with this Kickstarter. They know a lot of our hopes and dreams are riding on this. They do not want to disappoint, they want to give us the best game they can make. It is so from a business standpoint, and it is a must if they want to retain, maintain and grow their very loyal, supportive fanbase. I should think that failure is not an option.

Well, if we reach 3m$, which isn't an easy feat..(i don't think we'll make it).

But, well, i think i am gonna leave the forum for a while every time i proposed something i have the bad impression of being rebuked (i am not an english native speaker so, i can't talk and talk a lot about my thought..and desire from this game, and if i continue wandering here, i have the impression i'll end up giving up on my pledge.)

Edited by Dawn_