500$ Reward - Memorial Stone

Hey Fellas,

concerning the latest update:

"Additionally for our $500 backers and above, we will let you put your name and a personalized message on a memorial stone in game. Your unique message will be encoded into Glanfathan runes, and can be decoded using a unique in-game ring. It's a way for all of us to remember your large contribution to Project Eternity."

I wondered a few things that I would like to discuss here.

(If you are below 500$ backer, just assume you had donated 500$ or above)

1) Would you enter your real name or a nickname? And Why?

1a) Does the issue of data protection influence this decision?

2) What message would you enter? A general saying, idiom, or something very personal?

I'm torn on the subject of the real name (out of data protection reasons), that is why I want to see what you guys think about this.

But feel free to discuss anything else here related to the memorial stone as well.

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I'd use a common alias of mine, like "The Hanged Man". As far as messages go, I'd probably put something Dadaist out there, just to make people go "wtf?" Data protection does not bother me so much, as it is that I am just a very private person.

Something like "If I knew red was green, I'd have chosen orange!"

Edited by HangedMan

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

I'd place my forum name, I guess data protection is part of it but my real name means nothing to those that actually play and like the game whereas my forum name would likely be recognized by forumites. Yeah, nobody I know IRL plays or appreciates CRPGs.....sad, I know.

As for the message....I don't know but if I could afford the $500 tier(which unfortunately I can't) I'd give it a lot of thought.....likely a mixture between something very personal and fantasy.

1zq6793.jpg

If I would back $500 to get a memorial stone I would like to know more about some of the lore of the game before writing something.

Either that or ask the Developers to take my message into consideration with the lore of P:E. Per say, my memorial stone would be early game, it could hint for something that is to come in some sort of cryptic manner (but also included with my private message). Perhaps even a message which mocks one of the in-game characters (NPC's, not your own). Or even "This man was slain by [insert powerful P:E enemy/opponent here]" type of thing.

I would not use my real or nickname, I would dedicate it to my brother and use his chosen online name of Ildánach, he died a few years ago and he was a bigger fan of infinity engine games than even I am. He would have absolutely loved this project.

No.

2) What message would you enter? A general saying, idiom, or something very personal?

Personal, I would refer to the Eternity idea of souls. "Awaken soon to the endless cycle"

That all said, I will unfortunately not be handing over $500, it is too rich for me. :(

• Like 4

Here lies Eric.

He shot the gazebo with an arrow.

It woke up.

P.S.: I wouldn't put my real name or even nickname since I do keep such things separate from "real life," but I'd consider putting in a name I used across games including MMOs due to "history." I just can't think of anything else relevant for this, though, because I don't have a clear idea anyway--too many possible quotes and such.

Edited by Ieo
  • Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I would go with my username and maybe do a prayer to the Marshmallow god to protect the Wimp Paladins from the dreaded feargusasaurus. Of course if the message was limited to something like 30 characters of less that plan wouldn't really work.

• Like 1

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

I would go with my username and maybe do a prayer to the Marshmallow god to protect the Wimp Paladins from the dreaded feargusasaurus. Of course if the message was limited to something like 30 characters of less that plan wouldn't really work.
Nice! So, do you have actually thrown in 500 bucks? ;) Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

LC - still working on convincing the Hubby..........current indications favourable! I won't up my pledge any further until the last day regardless though because I know no matter what I've done I'll get caught up in the excitement and want to add more anyway.

• Like 1

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

"I have to go now, my planet needs me."

Or simply "Courier Six?" as an easter egg to New Vegas.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I'd use my forum name and probably try for something humorous - or a little snarky -

Here lies Les Moore,

Shot down with a Forty- four

No Les

No Moore

Unlikely to reach $500 level tho unless I recieve an amazing windfall within the next few days -

( I plan to add my pledge on my birthday as a present to myself later this week and I am still debating what level it will be so if any of you would like to help me get to that $500 level I'm just a PM away :yes: )

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Here lies Eric.

It woke up.

:lol:

I wonder how people around here knows the epic fight between Eric and the Dread Gazebo?

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Here lies Eric.

It woke up.

I wonder how people around here knows the epic fight between Eric and the Dread Gazebo?

I know about the Dread Gazebo, but how many people here know about the Gong?

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

Wow I did not know about Eric and the Gazebo.

"'It's too late. You've awakened the Gazebo; it catches you and eats you.'"

This made me laugh. However I think from this day on I will view gazebos through different eyes :s

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Here lies Eric.

It woke up.

I know about the Dread Gazebo, but how many people here know about the Gong?

I haven't heard that one.

Another fun D&D story is the Head of Vecna

I would not use my real or nickname, I would dedicate it to my brother and use his chosen online name of Ildánach, he died a few years ago and he was a bigger fan of infinity engine games than even I am. He would have absolutely loved this project.

No.

Personal, I would refer to the Eternity idea of souls. "Awaken soon to the endless cycle"

That all said, I will unfortunately not be handing over $500, it is too rich for me. :(

I don't have 500 dollar either.

I do hope OE would include it out of the goodness of their heart, since it's such a poetic thing to do for a lost hard fan. I certainly hope it gets in, since it's so beautiful a memorial.

We can always hope (or try making OE aware, not sure how though).

As for myself. I probably use my forum name, and hope people would recognise it by now (would be dissapointed if not).

Here lies Hassat Hunter.

Slayer of giant insecticide.

Bit hit last bug, and resides now in the dust.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Btw, I noticed the same problem arises with the "special thanks in the credits".

Putting real name there?

Or forumname?

Or a combination like "first name" "forumname" "last name" ?

Of course I could put the name of my superior there as well, "His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful"

So unsure of what to do... xD

Pay $500 and see what Obsidian gives for specific limitations, instructions? :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee