I actually don't want to see the 2.6m goal's content

Hillarious that your lack of ability to think on a statement makes me stupid.

i don't think it's his aleged lack of ability to think.

it might have more to do with You concluding that, if The Nameless One was able to pick a custom made character from a slave dock, his story would cease to be unique...

Personally, I probably won't even use the Adventurer's Hall until maybe the third playthrough, but I still think it's a wonderful option that has lots of merit.

For example, players would be able to exchange characters, enabling each of us to use your player character as one of our companions. There could be an online database (preferably in-game) with a ranking of the most popular adventurers.

I don't know about in-game (seems like a waste of effort) but yeah that's a nice idea.

OP I now consider you to be a traitor to Obsidian. If you don't like the content you can just not use it but you should want to see this project to get as much funding as possible and to get as many more stretch goals as possible. But allow me to alleviate your concerns: Project Eternity WILL make the 2.6 mil stretch goal easily and with the expected spike in backers that tends to happen in the last few days of projects it's likely to end up between 3.0 and 3.5 million. Wishing otherwise is an exercise in futility.

1zq6793.jpg

OP I now consider you to be a traitor to Obsidian. If you don't like the content you can just not use it but you should want to see this project to get as much funding as possible and to get as many more stretch goals as possible. But allow me to alleviate your concerns: Project Eternity WILL make the 2.6 mil stretch goal easily and with the expected spike in backers that tends to happen in the last few days of projects it's likely to end up between 3.0 and 3.5 million. Wishing otherwise is an exercise in futility.

you really think it'll get that high with the spike? the pledges have slowed to a steady trickle so as of now i'd say 2.6 is pushing it.

I want everyone's dreams to come true with this game but aproximately 75k from now the Cipher is in, so i gots no worries!

If that class makes it in my game is made unless I hear something completely unexpected.

you really think it'll get that high with the spike? the pledges have slowed to a steady trickle so as of now i'd say 2.6 is pushing it.

I want everyone's dreams to come true with this game but aproximately 75k from now the Cipher is in, so i gots no worries!

If that class makes it in my game is made unless I hear something completely unexpected.

we already have around 30k$ from paypal and maybe 600 backers

Look up projects with similar success....in the last 3 to 5 days the donations almost always went in the vertical direction again.....not as much as in days 1 to 3 but vertical nonetheless. Saying it will make 2.8 or even 2.9 are relatively safe and conservative bets....though it will quite likely touch the 3.0 and if the success is surprisingly good maybe even 3.5 though that would be pushing it a bit. I suspect a 3.2 to 3.3

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

How do you check that? I like watching and refreshing all the time as I expect the 2.5 to be reached and the next stretch goals to be announced.

1zq6793.jpg

I don't know if it's reasonable to expect the surge that DFA got, but we should see a bump. A lot of it probably depends on a last minute info dump about the game and getting the word out to a lot of different game related websites promoting the hell out of it.

Also, if they dangle a really big carrot out there as a stretch goal that might drum up pledges from existing backers ... although I can't for the life of me think out what that should be.

How do you check that? I like watching and refreshing all the time as I expect the 2.5 to be reached and the next stretch goals to be announced.

It was said in the comment section of the Kickstarter page. You should be able to find most Q&A made in there in a topic here on the forum made by Ink Blot

Edited by DocDoomII

It was said in the comment section of the Kickstarter page. You should be able to find most Q&A made in there in a topic here on the forum made by Ink Blot

The link they give is just to the site where I guess they intend to add PE but the link itself goes to the page of a different game....note the kickstarter part is under 800k? That's not PE numbers unfortunately.

1zq6793.jpg

Yeah I donated 50 bucks and I pray for them to be unsuccessful :p

I too hope they get 3M or higher. But I also wanted to illustrate my personal tastes. I hope to see more story, more art, more adventure oriented stretch goals for, say, 2.7M. But that's just me.

I'm surprised to see so many flamers. I thought most people on here would be grown up enough to be old time Black Isle fans. Then I checked out the 'How old is everyone' thread and saw I was wrong.

I'm surprised to see so many flamers. I thought most people on here would be grown up enough to be old time Black Isle fans. Then I checked out the 'How old is everyone' thread and saw I was wrong.

...Black Isle made Icewind...

And Fallout and PST and KOTOR2.

Oh, please don't bring the *grown up* defense. That doesn't make you *grown up* or somesuch, and that doesn't help your argument (the important part in ANY discussion) at all. It's a childish defence.

People pointed out things they disagree on and alternative solutions. Work from there.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 5

...Black Isle made Icewind...

And Fallout and PST and KOTOR2.

To be pedantic, Fallout came out before Black Isle was formed inside Interplay. BIS developed Fallout 2 though (as well as PST and IWD and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance). And that's it; Stone Keep 2, Fallout 3, BG3, Torn, BG:DA3 were all cancelled.

Obsidian made KoTOR2 and while they have a lot of the same people, they're not really BIS pt 2 either, IMO.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

To be pedantic, Fallout came out before Black Isle was formed inside Interplay. BIS developed Fallout 2 though (as well as PST and IWD and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance). And that's it; Stone Keep 2, Fallout 3, BG3, Torn, BG:DA3 were all cancelled.

To be even more pedantic, it's only because they didn't come up with a name before. ;)

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

To be even more pedantic, it's only because they didn't come up with a name before. ;)

I'd always read that it was Fallout's success that made Interplay finally think creating the separate division was worth it. But assuming that's wrong, given that a number of the Fallout people left around the time of the formation of BIS, it still doesn't equate to Fallout being a BIS game anymore than KotOR does, IMO. Not the same group of people, exactly, and without a divisional brand hard to see one as exactly continuous to the other (although certainly important to the development).

EDIT: And at any rate my point is that even the old games we all point to aren't clear in their implementation; I wouldn't want a BG:DA2 game as an exact template for PE anymore than Lionheart or any other game vaguely connected with BIS/Interplay that is old.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Check out IWD series. Your party is fully player made and no PC or event adresses you directly. In simple terms, the story isn't about you.

I'm not sure I'm seeing how custom created party members would = lack of personification towards the player character. The game is still written for/around the player's character and I'd assume dialogue interactions would be wrapped around that. I don't think it'd be anything worse than having everyone in the game greeting you with "Hey Exile" or "Hey Wanderer" (vs. a name you may have typed in) which many many RPG's do, with or without full custom party creation.

I can see the possibility that having a full custom party would mean losing out on some companion flavor quests or dialogues, but as others have mentioned, since doing it that way will be optional, I don't really see a problem.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't have a problem with the Adventurer's Hall, but I think it should be locked until the game has been completed once. It seems like a bit of a waste to have them develop really interesting storied companions only to steal the focus from them a bit with the Adventurer's Hall, but I do like the idea of being able to make a different team a couple of playthroughs down the line when I've grown tired of going through the same old quests of the storied companions.

Not exactly, IIRC Black Isle was formed shortly after, though a big part from the Fallout team went to it.

Edited by C2B