(Arcanum) Major Bummer Averted By GoG

okiraan

I just wanted to share my experience with all you kindred spirits. After all the reading I've been doing on these forums, I got an itch to replay Arcanum. I dug out the box and opened the cd case only to find one disk! Oh, the horror! But I went to GoG and the game is on sale for $2.39! Needless to say, I bought that sucker toot sweet!

• Like 1

Hm. GoG advertisement?

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Hm. GoG advertisement?

Possibly, but why not? And he/she wouldn't be GOG staff. They don't do that. It's a great site and a great place to get DRM-free games. I buy lots of games through them and cruise their forums a lot as well. I plan on redeeming my DRM-free digital copy of Project Eternity through them when the game is released.

• Like 1

Too bad GOG doesn't offer a manual reprinting service. There's something to be said about having a tangible old school game manual.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, thanks. :) I got it, and tried it...to be honest, I didn't even reflect upon the subpar graphics...I was too stuck trying to determine what kind of character I want to play. The first time I played as a diplomatic dude with a skill in firearms, so I want to try something different now...perhaps a stone-dumb brute.