Baldur's Gate enhanced edition

Dezloc

Which is why we are all happy to throw our money at Obz now. They *know* that our hopes for a decent game are tied up with all that stuff.

Indeed. That's why I am backing this on KS and the Codex. :) Because I LOVE OBSIDIAN THIS MUCH! (that is a codex meme by the way). :)

...Jefferson's cancellation made baby Jebus cry... ;(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

PS

For the noobs....

Never refer Jefferson/The Black Hound as BG3. Especially not within earshot of Sawyer.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

PS

For the noobs....

Never refer Jefferson/The Black Hound as BG3. Especially not within earshot of Sawyer.

i am lucky i am very far from sawyer

Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed.
He once was alive, but now he's dead.
The last woman he bedded turned out to be a man
And crying in shame, off a cliff he ran.

PS

For the noobs....

Never refer Jefferson/The Black Hound as BG3.

...ummm, I's referred ta it as BG3 since, well, it was announced as BG3...noob... :grin:

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

The Codex needs to call an Unholy Truce, like dwarves hugging elves, and join us on this mighty endeavour.

Spell cool-downs aren't important enough to stop us advancing together, as one!

*faints*

We are currently split. Some cannot see over the RAGE over the mention of Cooldowns. So an Unholy Truce is not very likely. Codex gonna codex. ;) We actually have quite a LOT of backers.

Edited by Jaesun

A third Baldur's Gate game could conceivably be a prequel. Set it in the Time of Troubles, Gorion as a party NPC, the birth and hiding-away of the Bhaalspawn in Candlekeep, etc.

Hopefully it would be more Godfather Part II and less Attack of the Clones.

A third Baldur's Gate game could conceivably be a prequel. Set it in the Time of Troubles, Gorion as a party NPC, the birth and hiding-away of the Bhaalspawn in Candlekeep, etc.

A third Baldur's Gate game was already in the works and then got canned - see all of the posts above you.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A third Baldur's Gate game was already in the works and then got canned - see all of the posts above you.

Yeah, and now Trent Oster of Beamdog/Overhaul has specifically said he wants to use the Enhanced Editions to build up to a pitch for BG3. Which would bear no resemblance to Black Hound.

Overhaul really have to prove themselves with this franchise, so much pressure is on them from such diehard fans. I wish them luck, they probably need it.

We all want more of the same classic rpgs of the past, it is why we are even here. At least overhaul are willing to take the risk on such a project and if they ever do make a BG3 I will gladly take it, after all their is no other way such a project would ever happen.

Edited by Aedelric

PS

For the noobs....

Never refer Jefferson/The Black Hound as BG3.

...ummm, I's referred ta it as BG3 since, well, it was announced as BG3...noob... :grin:

*chuckles*

:closed:

I seriously hope they are gonna work a little more on the UI though. It was fugly in the last screens I saw.

Only screenshot I have seen (Not really following the project closely) was on the tablet, is that the UI you mean?

Beamdog screenshots

http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition

Yeah, and now Trent Oster of Beamdog/Overhaul has specifically said he wants to use the Enhanced Editions to build up to a pitch for BG3. Which would bear no resemblance to Black Hound.

Honestly, I'd prefer if they farmed it out to Obsidian if they did decide to go with a third game. But maybe that's just me.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot