Baldur's Gate enhanced edition

Dezloc

bg 3 had a nice cover art (if it is real)

cover6.jpg

and guess what: our dear josh sawyer was in charge

Josh and Feargus would know if it is real. Maybe we can get a response from them.

The wikipedia page also says that the game was 80% done. Too bad it wasn't finished.

:closed:

and guess what: our dear josh sawyer was in charge

The wikipedia page now informs me that BG3 was around '80% done' when it was scrapped. Seems rather unfair.

It's worth looking into to play on tablets, I guess, but otherwise I can't see any value.

I'm interested in how it will play on Android tablets as I have a Nexus 7 and wouldn't mind re-playing the game via that (it's alot easier to play on-the-go than a laptop). Otherwise, yeah, I would tend to agree with you. That said, I have a friend who's working on it and thus I'm going to get at least one version to help support her having a job.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It also informs me Mr. Sawyer was working on an NWN2 module that would have told the story, but it was abandoned. Presumably because working on games all day and then going home from a long day at work to...work on more games all night was a little much to ask.

Were they stolen by an ex employee or something? Stuff like that just doesn't disappear into thin air.

Ah, yes that sort of thing can happen, and not intentionally. NASA lost tapes of the Apollo 11 moon landing; one of the most important events in human history. If we can put a man on the Moon....

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

That picture is real. I CRY EVERY TIME I SEE IT! :(

And the NWN2 mod is likely not going to be finished anytime soon, if it gets finished at all. :(

Josh cancelled it. It was taking up too much of his personal time.

:closed:

But frankly, I wouldn't expect to see any progress on this front until several months after release.

I can live with that.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows will be available as a direct download from Beamdog, with no client install necessary. Pre-purchasing will allow you to preload the game, so you can access it immediately after release.

It looks like they've already got it being released without a client, although it doesn't say if the installation file needs to 'phone home' or not. Hopefully it will be DRM-free.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...theys enhancin' SoA & ToB??...what're theys doin', addin' an actual half-decent story??...wait, I knows, fixin' the horrid encounter mechanics, so's e'ery fight ain't a wash, rinse, repeat magic spamfest...wait, what 'bout ... :banghead:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I'm kinda surprised Ramza hasn't shown up with all the mentions of The Black Hound.

This was right around the time Black Isle was developing BG3 and Fallout 3, each cancelled one after the other. This was essentially the end of Black Isle. By this time Brian Fargo was already forced out, and Herve Caen et al wanted to concentrate on console titles. Plus through other business dealings, Interplay lost the DnD license, and got sued by Bio for royalties.

Everyone jumped shipped and Obsidian emerged.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

They cancelled BG3 and gave us Dark Alliance 2 instead.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

...on the plus side, we didna end up wit' a half-arse BG3, which be what it woulda been if'n theys woulda done it 'round that time... :yes:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way