Your vision of the 2.7 Million stretch goal

2.7 million, they include romances.

2.8 million, they take romances back out.

But more seriously I would hope for content based goals, like another faction.

2.9 million, they put them back in

3.0 million, they take them back out

They could make billions. :brows:

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2.8 - Romances (though it's obviously controversial so I don't know if that would backfire or not)

3.0 - Class/race specific origin stories ala Dragon Age. Perhaps optional for those who would rather fully make up their own background.

3.5 - A massive new region with accompanying quests, items, enemies and NPC's.

Definitely necromancer in some form, although I would figure necromancer should be one of the mages sub classes. I just want them to be cool and do more than raise just mindless skeletons and zombies. Contact/commune with dead, eat souls to use the souls powers/abilities/skills, bring back/summon a slain person to fight for you as an undead thrall with full stats/abilities...etc. I think necromancer should be in regardless considering the whole soul thing.

Shapeshifter would be cool also, although how about someone who shapeshifts into a creature whose flesh(heart?) you have eaten? Eating animal non sentient is acceptable, but eating sentient flesh to gain their form/abilities is taboo and hunted down. Perhaps even have a ghoul version that hide what they are by eating the dead and taking on this form. Its a common trope in anime/manga that a monster kills someone and take over their identity, it is surprising it is rarely done in video games.

Summoner is always fun, but they should be able to summon any creature/being that appears in the game. Inteligent/powerful creatures might require some form of contract. Summoning demons, beings of power...etc is a must. Enough with just summoning only bears, wolves...etc.

I think something with broad appeal would be a good idea, from a money making point of view. Something like one extra race, class and a minor organisation/faction plus an extra small region (an island or something). Failing that, class based factions might be fun too. Personally I would like more races, because I like that sort of thing.

What would be the point in a 2.7m stretch goal? Is 2.7m really that much more of a stretch than 2.6m?

The next milestone should be 3m.

I want to know what world you live in where 100,000 dollars isn't an enormous stretch of money. Even in today's standards, that is a sheet ton of money. And I don't believe this project has the potential to hit 3 million even if they add some super awesome stretch goal for it. 500,000 in 7 days, considering the majority of people emptied their pockets already. I'd rather look at it realistically and keep with the 100k stretch goals.

• Like 1

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

What would be the point in a 2.7m stretch goal? Is 2.7m really that much more of a stretch than 2.6m?

The next milestone should be 3m.

I want to know what world you live in where 100,000 dollars isn't an enormous stretch of money. Even in today's standards, that is a sheet ton of money. And I don't believe this project has the potential to hit 3 million even if they add some super awesome stretch goal for it. 500,000 in 7 days, considering the majority of people emptied their pockets already. I'd rather look at it realistically and keep with the 100k stretch goals.

Ok, fair enough, 100k isn't exactly a small amount of money... but I still see 2.7m as being very attainable, like all of their 100k milestones.

Given the fact that kickstarters usually pick up quite a bit near the end, I think 3m is still realistic. In fact, it's the perfect amount for one final stretch goal, because it's a realistic target, but still far off enough that people get motivated instead of just thinking "we'll reach that goal easily".

I'd love to see Necromancers, but maybe in an expansion. I think there should be a Ravenloft style Horror expansion for this game, maybe Halloween 2015?

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Paladin prestige for fighter/cleric. Antipaladin-necro for fighter/mage, Bardic prestige for rogue/mage. I would prefer multiclassing, prestiges or some kind of cross professions rather than getting more singular classes... I think.

I am torn from wanting these things but thinking the amount of base classes we have is enough, left and right side of the brain not agreeing it would seem.

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.