Your vision of the 2.7 Million stretch goal

I'd be too damn sad if the 3 mil stretch goal is badass and we don't reach it...i'd prefer more modest and realistic goals.

I'm with indira on this, 2.7 goal seems more reasonable.

I feel your pain but can't help but feel 3M is entirely possible.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Based on a suggestion from a different thread, perhaps a decent stretch goal could be multiple, detailed opening stories, as per ToEE and DA. You'd still get to experience a similar impacting event, but the circumstances and starting location would vary, either by race or by class. This would increase the interest factor of a replay.

A well-developed Necromancer would be a good addition too, but possibly it could be added later in an expansion pack?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Necro's are usually fun but summoners seem to either be way OP or completely useless. I'm not sure I've ever seen one done well.

This is true, the balance of a summoned creature is problematic,but I still like the archetype for some reason.

Edited by Nixl

My suggestions:

- Hire George Ziets as an additional writer

- Hire real musicians for the soundtrack (Not a whole orchestra though. Probably too expensive)

- Additional QA

- Make it bigger than PS: Torment

I'd also like the future stretchgoals to be a bit more "stretchy". Like at 3M or 3.5M. Yeah. Make the backers tremble in fear of the terrible realization that the stretchgoal might never get reached!

- New Class: Necromancer

-New Class: Paladin

Compromise ---

Paladin

AND

Undead-summoning anti-paladin variant.

Hmmm, a Paladin and an "evil necromancer anti-paladin".

That gets my seal of approval. ^^

• Like 1

:closed:

I'd love it if one of the stretch goals was a promise that one of the cities in the game would be of a scale equal to Baldurs Gate/Athkatla/Sigil. That is one of the things I miss most from the old Infinity engine games. Recent RPGs have all had such tiny towns or cities where you could only visit one of two districts (DA:O). It has been a long time since I played an RPG with an area that actually felt urban. In the late middle age / early renaissance setting they have chosen, it would actually feel really weird if there were no larger cities.

Edited by drain
  • Like 1

Come visit the Project Eternity subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity

- New Class: Necromancer

-New Class: Paladin

Compromise ---

Paladin

AND

Undead-summoning anti-paladin variant.

Hmmm, a Paladin and an "evil necromancer anti-paladin".

That gets my seal of approval. ^^

Poor paladins.... Now they possibly make it in the game only to be chased by evil necromancer anti-paladins and unstoppable giant marshmallow cubes.

Really, at the edge of extinction, they are! :wowey:

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

i think a "Zealot" class (holy or profane knights of particular gods) would be more appropriate than a Paladin...Paladin implies strictly good and i think the devs are trying to avoid alignment style restrictions. Feargus also said Paladins are stoopud.

A zealot can serve a more chaotic god or a more righteous one depending on character creation which leaves it open to both playstyles: Holy Knight as well as Black Guard.

I'd love it if one of the stretch goals was a promise that one of the cities in the game would be of a scale equal to Baldurs Gate/Athkatla/Sigil. That is one of the things I miss most from the old Infinity engine games. Recent RPGs have all had such tiny towns or cities where you could only visit one of two districts (DA:O). It has been a long time since I played an RPG with an area that actually felt urban. In the late middle age / early renaissance setting they have chosen, it would actually feel really weird if there were no larger cities.

agreed...I'd like the adventure to be equal parts wilderness, dungeon and cityscape. Edited by NerdBoner

Poor paladins.... Now they possibly make it in the game only to be chased by evil necromancer anti-paladins and unstoppable giant marshmallow cubes.

Really, at the edge of extinction, they are! :wowey:

Now all we need are exploding cheese wheels. :woot:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

At $3m I think we should get an epic seige fight where we can rally troops and resources to fight on either side or try to carve out a kingdom for ourselves. Or maybe a dukedom.

Or, we could get radical and go extra-planar. Or do something really cool with spell-duels. Or...

Or maybe Obsidian could up-staff to move the delivery date forward by a quarter. Now THAT would get me to double my contribution

Bards.

Extra work on the Captial/main city, loved an earlier idea of a Athkathla/Sigil "City of Adventure" type hub. Would also pay more to upgrade the base we are getting into less The Sink and more Crossroad Keep.

Paladins and a darker/eviler archtype (Necromancers, Blackguards, Warlocks, whatever).

A massive, multi-pathed caper-type quest in the vein of Ocean's Eleven or an episode of Leverage.

I can only support bards if they stop being a pansy, jack of all trades bull sh*t class that sings at the back.

Hardcore rogue rapper skald? Hell yeah.

Horrible dirge-singing necro-bard? Hell yeah.

Divine zealot hymn-casting fire and brimstone bard? Hell yeah.

Soul-stealing, power-channelling, manipulative uber-bard? Hell yeah.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

A few random things I'd like to see but don't really care too much about

- George Ziets

- Expanded BG2 like class specific strongholds

- Origin type intros

- Athkatla sized main city

- Sentient weapons like Lilarcor and Enserric

- <this space for rent>

- Horses or some other kind of mount that fits the setting

- Behind the scenes/ Making of type documentary

- Just more game