Your vision of the 2.7 Million stretch goal

I guess, I could have called "3 Million Stretch Goal", but my dreaming here is what I would like to see already at 2.7 Millions:

- New Class: Necromancer

- George Ziets confirmed

- Although no full toolkit, a useful text/dialogue editor, for modding light, as it were

Which PE-carrots would you like to see dangling from Obsidian's Kickstarter-stick?

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've got everything I want in the game but co-op and a means by which I could run P&P games through their engine. Any more just money just makes a bigger/better game to me if it doesn't do one of those 2 things.

We don't need a 2.7M stretchgoal!

Just make a 3.0M stretch goal with video documentary of development process, orchestral soundtrack and perhaps the possibility of a (voluntary) in-game chat. :)

And you could pack 4 Kerfluffle marshmallows in each boxed version..... :woot:

• Like 4
35167v4.jpg

I think one enormous, epic 3M stretch goal for the final week is a good idea too.

I think a 3m and a 3.5m goal are needed to really get more pledges in, and at least the 3.5m needs to be something massive.

More classes, races, customization and companions is more or less the only things I'm interested in. But I don't want them put in there just for sake of more content. They have to be well balanced and good written.

Edited by BTA51

I'm honestly stumped. I don't really "need" more features, I just need more game. How do you turn that into a stretch goal?

This is a good point, I kind of feel the same. This is why I think that being specific might be the key...

If we get this much money we will put in this NPC (name and role and cool features), this dungeon level (with these features / theme /bosses), this much extra content (hours / length).

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think one enormous, epic 3M stretch goal for the final week is a good idea too.

There should be one higher than 3 Million as well. The highest stretchgoal should only barely be able to reached.

My understanding is that the home we get from curent stretch goal will be more akin to AP's safe houses: a place to crash with added signatures depending on your game progression. A full fledged upgradable manor with ressource management and narrative signifiance (à la NW2) would take a lot more work. I see to remember Mr Sawyer confirmed so, though I can't remember where.

As for the thread: put me in the *more game* camp. I find it intesresting the way stretch goals are becoming a form of dialog between backers and project creators, but at the same time, if backing a project, I'd rather trust the people I back and let them surprise me with what they come with.

Edited by Emeraude
  • Like 1

I would love the 2.9 stretch goal adding more races, companions and classes, like:

-3 new companions.

-2 new races.

-2 new classes.

And then with 3.2-3.3 millions we would get:

-2 new factions.

-New Locations.

-A lot of new content for existing locations, extra text and quests for companions and all that stuff.

-Bigger than Torment, bigger than Fallout 2, bigger than Baldur's Gate 2, bigger than Arcanum! :p

Although probably we are going to have that extended player-house goal before anything else, but, wasn't the original player-house a 200k stretch goal? Isn't that enough for a fully fleshed stronghold? Or was the goal shared with some other extra stuff? If so then it makes sense, but I still wouldn't like to have more house-related goals, I want moar adventure-related content!

But really, isn't 200k a bit too much money for a player-house with a few quests?

Edited by Elthosian
  • Like 2

We don't need a 2.7M stretchgoal!

Just make a 3.0M stretch goal with video documentary of development process, orchestral soundtrack and perhaps the possibility of a (voluntary) in-game chat. :)

And you could pack 4 Kerfluffle marshmallows in each boxed version..... :woot:

lol, I can't wait to get my Kerfluffles next month. :sorcerer:

I'm really unsure what the next stretch goals could be. I think a documentary is a good idea (and they looked into it too). Beside that, without knowing the actual size of the game it's hard to say what it need "more". More hamlet, more cities, more quests?

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

There should be one higher than 3 Million as well. The highest stretchgoal should only barely be able to reached.

My understanding is that the home we get from curent stretch goal will be more akin to AP's safe houses: a place to crash with added signatures depending on your game progression. A full fledged upgradable manor with ressource management and narrative signifiance (à la NW2) would take a lot more work. I see to remember Mr Sawyer confirmed so, though I can't remember where.

The Sink, not the AP safehouse. Meaning speicfic quests/upgradable in some way. Just not something big.

I'd be too damn sad if the 3 mil stretch goal is badass and we don't reach it...i'd prefer more modest and realistic goals.

I'm with indira on this, 2.7 goal seems more reasonable.

We'll reach 3 million. I bet my left nut it will pass that with the paypal pledges added.

I think Bard is funner than Necromancer.

And OE could make it at 2.8 million.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

I'll just be happy if they reach 2.6 Million goal and the rest could simply be DLC or maybe an expansion later on down too much content now might push back the release date

• Like 1