The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 3

Do we have to enlist the services of another member to get those shiny signature images / avatars, or must we make do with our own meagre skills? Only, it's been about 7 or 8 years since I last did any graphical experimentation (and about that amount of time since I last saw my Photoshop discs)...

"How vain it is to sit down to write when one has not yet stood up to live..."

~ Jon C - The Obsidian Order's Lurking Writer

Do we have to enlist the services of another member to get those shiny signature images / avatars, or must we make do with our own meagre skills? Only, it's been about 7 or 8 years since I last did any graphical experimentation (and about that amount of time since I last saw my Photoshop discs)...

If you ask Lordcrash nicely he might make you one. :)

:closed:

Well, I donated via PayPal, but it is considerably more (definitely more than $8!) than I first thought about. Does that mean I get in the Obsidian Order? Is this a prestige thing or something? I have to admit I've not paid much attention to this thread at all aside from when I first read it a few weeks ago.

EDIT: If that gets me in, I'd take the name "Jester of the Obsidian Order".

EDIT: Jester is already taken, I see. Then make it "Court Fool of the Obsidian Order."

You have to pledge $8 on top of the tier you selected. Read the first post of this thread for more info.

Actually, I don't have a tier. I donated along with another group, so no specific tier for me. My increase was $25. If that doesn't get me in, but $8 will, then consider me to have gone back, reduced my increase to $17 and then added $8 to it. ;)

Well, if you donated directly to Obsidian's PayPal, then it should be ok... or did you donate though the RPG codex or something? This is an honor system atm... until the Kickstarter ends at least.

Edited by dlux

Well, I donated via PayPal, but it is considerably more (definitely more than $8!) than I first thought about. Does that mean I get in the Obsidian Order? Is this a prestige thing or something? I have to admit I've not paid much attention to this thread at all aside from when I first read it a few weeks ago.

EDIT: Jester is already taken, I see. Then make it "Court Fool of the Obsidian Order."

You have to pledge $8 on top of the tier you selected. Read the first post of this thread for more info.

Actually, I don't have a tier. I donated along with another group, so no specific tier for me. My increase was $25. If that doesn't get me in, but $8 will, then consider me to have gone back, reduced my increase to $17 and then added $8 to it. ;)

Well, if you donated directly to Obsidian's PayPal, then it should be ok... or did you donate though the RPG codex or something? This is an honor system atm... until the Kickstarter ends at least.

My donation is going through Sorcerer's Place (which will be using PayPal). Even though I've already made my donation to the pool, I don't think they will contribute until the last day or something, so the money itself isn't to Obsidian yet, but it will get there!

Edited by TCJ

@Ward

I have to say, I love your picture, Very 'Baldur's Gate-y. I'd love to be unlazy enough to do a photo like that, but, you know, the lazyness...

Thank you Cynical Felidae it was indeed done in the style of Baldur's Gate but i can't take credit for the work. It was the last portrait of the famous artist KarWal of KarWal Entertainment, he's the guy that did those fantastic celebrity portraits that are now (some of them) archive over here

http://mynameisnotlilly.voltronarmy.com/?p=1932

it was the last one i am told he did before he stopped doing portraits.

Hi there! First post (finally), and upped my backing just for this occasion. Do we have a minstrel, yet? I had chosen Minstrel of the Obsidian Order... but if it fits, I'd much rather be the Experimental Alchemist of the Obsidian Order.

I'm just so thrilled Eternity is nearing 3 mil.!

We have a chanter and a bard, but no minstrels. There's also a mad alchemist and a... em... curious canine alchemist? That's sounds quite mad as well... Ahem. Whichever title you choose, you'll feel right at home ;)

Ohh, a chanter and a bard, hmm? And plenty of Alchemists! Perhaps I'll stick with minstrel and settle with "The Wandering Minstrel of the Obsidian Order"... if that is okay. ;)

(Mostly just proud to have donated a bit more!)

Edited by Bake Mia Pie

My donation is going through Sorcerer's Place (which will be using PayPal). Even though I've already made my donation to the pool, I don't think they will contribute until the last day or something, so the money itself isn't to Obsidian yet, but it will get there!

Ok. Think you donated enough to get one of the 30 licenses? :)

Considering the total of donators over there hasn't reached thirty people yet, I'm fairly certain. Plus, I think I've beaten out at least six of them, not that it's a competition.

Considering the total of donators over there hasn't reached thirty people yet, I'm fairly certain. Plus, I think I've beaten out at least six of them, not that it's a competition.

Ok. So you're getting as license for $25. I would recommend that you donate another $8 (like the rest of us) on top of that here: http://eternity.obsidian.net/. fyi, Obsidian will be able to see who pledged the $8 and who didn't.

Ok, so I'll set you up with a title. :)

Funny that this would be my first post on the forums so let me say 'hi' before everything else.

I'd like to join the order and already increased my pledge by $8 as well as expanded my kickstarter username. However, since I'm not much of a talker, I don't really know what to say in the comments there. So, apologies in advance.

Chosen Title: "Blood Magus of the Obsidian Order"

[edit] Oh we need to post a link to our Kickstarter profile? Sorry about that. Here you go: http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/365945076 [/edit]

Edited by Shin-Anubis

bloodmagus2.jpg

Hm. I already gave an extra $25 (though not separately). If I'm being asked to give even more... just forget it.

Like I said, if you have pledged enough to get a basic license + the $8 membership fee, then you are in. ;)

woohoo! getting there

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Ooo look at all the new members. Welcome.

Also, I got up this morning and what did I see... that we had hitand passed the $2.8m goal. Going strong. :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.