There is no no in this poll *forced hugs to all of you from me*  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Hug(s)!

• Yes!
    • Heck yes!
    • Other...

Ever felt you needed a hug from Imoen after Gorion had been slain? Early game?

Although it is not very important mechanically as a huge development thing, I think it is very important at the same time :D

At least one instance of it, at some point in the game.

Hugs :D

Edited by Osvir

Am I the only one who has always wanted to kill Imoen, and was frustrated that I couldn't?

• Like 5

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

Either you are drunk, or it's way too early in the morning for you. (Or late at night, I dunno.) :)

P.S.: I did like Imoen, although I think it's funny that she was added as such an afterthought to BG1.

P.P.S.: Obsidian, please add fun selection VA. I loved constantly poking my people in BG1 for that reason. I know, I know....

• Like 2

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Am I the only one who has always wanted to kill Imoen, and was frustrated that I couldn't?

No, totally no xD many times. But I at the same time I can be cool with her, all depends on the character I make as well as my own party management. I've played with her and without her, and I think there are great fan mods that activates banter's (fanmade, I think) which gives her much more personality.

But... I just think the hug thing is a silly childish message of friendship, respect and all that other love crap that is very important :p

A "once-a-game-specific-character-side-quest"-thing, at least. A mundane hug of friendship, and nothing romantic involved at all.

Edited by Osvir

I also want to take my time now in this thread to say that, although not forced, liking each other's posts on the site may benefit a common goal.

Because it gives a broader picture on where we are all at, together. Getting each other on the same level is something I believe is great and might even make discussion more understanding and respecting if we know where we're all coming from, then we'll know what kind of directive we both want as well as are looking forward too :) this doesn't mean we should expect anything. And I can't stress this enough, more because it is my way of living. I don't expect anything. YOLO!

However, doing it comes at a consequence. Namely the 90% "likes" and the 10% "likes".

Now for Obsidian it is important in my opinion that, if 90% of the people likes something and Obsidian likes the 10%, I think they should go with the 10%. Maybe they've got a solution inside that 10% that we do not understand at this point. What I'm hinting towards here is some sort of professionalism from a fan's perspective. To go into a little bit more detail, within that 90% of the likes is 10% that's awesome, 35% awesome and finally 45% that is awesome. Those 10% of the 90% might disappear into the void.

One of the more common WoW arguments "500'000 people can't be wrong". And I wish to say, yes they can. I am of course relating to the time when it was popular to write it. Today there be less people saying, people who used to say it but has left the *cough* dark *cough* side.

I enjoyed World of Warcraft, just too time consuming and a little bit "not for me". Great game for those who shaped it, namely the first players. When a quest became too difficult for a player joining the servers later, the first people who played and learned then taught the game to the following gamers. And that way it went.

Blizzard works very closely with their player base, but being such a large company they have thousands of other things to think about. Something a smaller, independent company doesn't need to juggle at the office. I read at RPGCodex, this is something Sawyer agrees with too (for all of you who blindly follow a man, putting him on a pedestal idolizing him. None of us are different, we are all equal. This isn't coming from a religious standpoint, I am not religious, but from a friend, from a brother from another mother to you: Hugs :) I like you).

About my own "likes" on these forums:

Some of them are because I just feel like it. Some of them are genuine. Sometimes I want to like but I don't. Sometime it is even tactical.

Re-posting others ideas with sources:

I've seen several awesome ideas, and because I want to endorse them I refer to them and link to them in other threads so that more people can see them and discuss them.

Finally, some spiritualistic/humane mumbo-jumbo: Together we shape the world :)

EDIT: Lastly (I'm such a love nerd sorry xD take it with a pinch of salt haha), the only agenda and ambition I have is to imagine a game together.

You are all intelligent beautiful people~

PLUR

Edited by Osvir

Now for Obsidian it is important in my opinion that, if 90% of the people likes something and Obsidian likes the 10%, I think they should go with the 10%. Maybe they've got a solution inside that 10% that we do not understand at this point. What I'm hinting towards here is some sort of professionalism from a fan's perspective. To go into a little bit more detail, within that 90% of the likes is 10% that's awesome, 35% awesome and finally 45% that is awesome. Those 10% of the 90% might disappear into the void.

One of the more common WoW arguments "500'000 people can't be wrong". And I wish to say, yes they can. I am of course relating to the time when it was popular to write it. Today there be less people saying, people who used to say it but has left the *cough* dark *cough* side.

I agree with you Osvir, because artistic integrity is an important element of the creative process.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I agree with you Osvir, because artistic integrity is an important element of the creative process.

Totally rjshae. Just wanted to highlight with this post.

Clarification about my WoW comment: Okay the 500'00 people who liked World of Warcraft were not wrong. But by my standards, from my perspective WoW was wrong for me.

Where is the kill this thread with fire option?

I believe it's an icon in the upper right of your browser window; the one with a little X in it (if you're using a PC). :p

Holy ****ing ****. Metiman and I agree on something. Quick, someone look outside, is there a 2km asteroid about to hit earth?
  • Like 1

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

Holy ****ing ****. Metiman and I agree on something. Quick, someone look outside, is there a 2km asteroid about to hit earth?

I always thought her name name was an alternative spelling of "I moan". :cat:

• Like 1

She was incredibly whiny. The satisfaction in being able to hit her over the head with a brick every time she spoke would have been very great indeed. I also wish there had been an option to just tell Irenicus to keep her. Then later he might start offering you money or to teach you powerful spells if you were willing to take her back. Then you could refuse because she was just too annoying.

• Like 2

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I wanted to hug her to death and feel the breaking of her bones under my pressure.

Err... well that's what happens when you grow up without hugs. :unsure:

I feel you, bro. In BG2 I always postponed going to Spellhold for as long as I could since I really wasn't motivated to save that whiny brat. To be fair, though, most female NPCs in BG2 were incredibly annoying. :getlost: