Obsidian seeks likes on it's official facebook page

what's the deal behind likes? is it when you like a page maybe your facebook friends also see it?

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Now I have a reason to use all these fake accounts I've made over the years :D

No, just kidding. I already liked Obsidian's page and my friends are clueless about video games, so I won't be much help now, but good luck nonetheless.

Would be great if a mod could edit my post to say 20k likes, didnt realise i'd put the wrong amount down.

Your wish is my command.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nearly half way to 20k likes. I mean 3k since the beginning of this thread. Not too bad :)

I did it....still, I wonder if this is actually doable and whether that would still count after the kickstarter ends......

I hope so (that it still counts after the Kickstarter ends), "Likes" has nothing to do with the cash flow (more like internet marketing/popularity stuff~ 20k likes will make Obsidian pop up in Google more often if you search for something that might pop up their page. It's a popularity thing *pop pop*).

Compare 1000 likes with 10'000 likes. If they both had been at 0 likes, there is a good chance that you wouldn't have liked any of them, or maybe even given the "1000 likes" 1 like. But with 10'000 likes there is a great, psychologically, chance that you will give 1 like to the one with 10'000. It's called group pressure, and there is scientific facts and experiments about it.

Anyways, liked ^^

Edited by Osvir

Yeah, its not that I fear* Facebook so much as I see little point to me joining it just to like Obsidian's facebook (and face it, that's all I'd be doing it for, my family emails me plenty of pictures to not feel deprived of going to their Facebook pages and seeing more**)

*I misspelled "fear" twice, feaer then feaf.

**Note to relatives - I like getting the pictures, really! But since you know I don't own a camera, you hopefully understand I'm just not a picture person.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Too bad, I don't have Facebook.

The goal is 20k likes, and as of now the page has 6152 likes. Isn't that asking too much?

Nope. If anything, it's too low. Facebook 'likes' spread like a virulent plague. All that's gonna happen here is that they're going to underestimate again, They'll reach 20,000 by tomorrow and then scramble to do another update, promising another level of the dungeon or whatever if we reach 40,000.

Holy **** bioware has like 450 thousand likes haha wtf

That's remarkably low for a gaming company as big and as non-indie as Bioware. And in the world of facebook as a whole, it's nothing. Justin Bieber has 47 million likes lol

Edited by Stun