Obsidian seeks likes on it's official facebook page

Folks Feargus is asking on the kickstarter comments that we get as many likes for the official facebook page as possible.

http://www.facebook.com/obsidian

Go here and hit like, we get another level added to the mega dungeon at 20k likes. Also if you dont mind share the latest update on your wall. Spread the word!

Edited by LadyCrimson
Likes requirement corrected, per request
  • Like 2

b1tch, you had me at mega dungeon!

The original poster is a female dog?! That is impressive as most canines lack both a knowledge of English and the ability to post via the interwebs.

Also, I've not liked the page - or, rather, I've not unliked the page so I can re-like it (I've been a fan for awhile).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't like Facebook.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Too bad, I don't have Facebook.

The goal is 20k likes, and as of now the page has 6152 likes. Isn't that asking too much?

It had just over 1000 likes when I saw something about this yesterday, so I don't think it's too much to ask at all. Even if Facebook is creepy/voyeuristic by nature.

I dont really like facebook either, i mainly use it to keep in touch with old friends. It's more viral advertisement for the project though which can only be a good thing. If someone see's you likeing the page they might go look at it, like the page themselves and even pledge to the kickstarer if they are interested.

Too bad, I don't have Facebook.

The goal is 20k likes, and as of now the page has 6152 likes. Isn't that asking too much?

I think the idea of this '20k likes' campaign is not to get just existing PE fans to like the facebook page (Obsidian wouldn't really gain anything from that), but rather to encourage fans to spread the word about PE to other people who are already on facebook, so that those will visit and like that page, and maybe some of them go one step further and become new kickstarter contributers.

For may people nowadays, facebook is the main (or even only) source of information about projects like this, and even if they already know about it they might be more willing to support it if has a facebook page which they can like, subscribe to for updates, and share with other facebook users.

It's kinda like reddit in that regard, only for a different kind of crowd.

I think it is a travesty that there are so few like (~6700 currently) considering that it's free and has a direct benefit to the finished game. Just another reason to add to the list of why I hate facebook. It has failed me in every conceivable way. If I had 10k to pledge, I'd make a character called Blark Suckerberg - a lawful evil dwarf.

Edited by Lv99Wizard

They think my style strange,

I think they all the same.