What do you Want to Know Before the Kickstarter Ends?

The ambition of scope, like others have said, final confirmation that Ziets is in, and lastly a solemn vow that class diversity as far as weapons, spells, skills and what not is extremely generous! I'd rather have a redundancy of choice in that department than any sort of streamlining or economics involved. DA O hade very few choices for my liking, and the number of weapons were far too few. In short: Biiiig game, Ziiiiiiiets and diversiiiiiiity!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I want to know if I can get the original PE logo (ouroboros) on my t-shirt. Silly thing to want to know, I realize, but there it is.

I really liked that design. :)

Edited by Magnum Opus

I would love to know if there will be option of upping my pledge after the kickstarter is over. As mentioned, I've got limited funds right now but that will change in a month or two, and I definitely want one of the higher tier reward packs :o

The team behind Wastelands 2 allows for this, in their backer site. I think it's a great idea :)

I would support this 100%. I might even pledge right up to the $250 mark if they let me take til the game was nearly released to do it.

This x 100.

I'd keep upping my pledge all the way to release if Obsidian did this.

Dude, I want a PE novelty thumb drive, geeky NPC action figures and a freaking hoodie.

They can take my money all day for that stuff. I'm not too proud to admit it.

Stay tuned.

@Monte Carlo

I think this counts as a binding contract.

I guess you probably need to setup some kind of direct debit now?

By 8 hours... you mean you want 8 hours of gameplay and/or story done before Kickstarter ends right? The other alternative is too crazy so it must be that.

No man, 8 hours full game. Or something along those lines. I've got lot's of other time consuming stuff to do besides gaming so I really appreciate being able to play stuff through. Is my expectations really off? How much do you want in scope? 200hr?

Yes, I want a 200 hour long game. I will not be seen for a number of weeks until I have finally finished it, and then I will hibernate.

Well 200h is more like Final Fantasy scope (if you look for every single little bit of content and max level characters). That's a bit too big.

I'd go for minimum 40h-50h?

Even Final Fantasy games don't take 200 hours,

I'd say 40h-50h per play-through while taking a minimum of 20h if you don't bother with all the side quests.

Edited by moridin84

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

This might seem like a stupid question, but why is there an end date to the kickstarter thing? Why don't they just keep it open until closer to the release date? Like say 6 months before or something. Aren't they just jibbing themselves out of more money so they can make the game better?

This might seem like a stupid question, but why is there an end date to the kickstarter thing? Why don't they just keep it open until closer to the release date? Like say 6 months before or something. Aren't they just jibbing themselves out of more money so they can make the game better?

You are not billed until the Kickstarter ends as was previously stated, as such they would not have the money to make the game silly.

I want to know if the $65 box is going to be just a plastic box with a DVD and sllim manual inside and nothing more, or a carboard box with a full manual?

If it's carboard, i will increase my pledge. If not, I won't. At least not to that specific tier.

Yes, it's got to be a pointlessly large, forest-ravaging box with a fold out sleeve. Seriously. This was how games were presented in days of yore and how they should be presented again. They will also be a little compartment for my thumb-drive and chainmail bikini Cadegund akshun figure.

• Like 2

sonsofgygax.JPG

You are not billed until the Kickstarter ends as was previously stated, as such they would not have the money to make the game silly.

Yeah I know hardly anything about Kickstarter, and haven't read much on this forum about it. I still don't see why they wouldn't continue to accept contributions after the close of it in order to get more money to make it a better game. i.e. If they don't reach specified targets for certain add ons in the game, but people still want to contribute to help reach those targets.

Yeah I know hardly anything about Kickstarter, and haven't read much on this forum about it. I still don't see why they wouldn't continue to accept contributions after the close of it in order to get more money to make it a better game. i.e. If they don't reach specified targets for certain add ons in the game, but people still want to contribute to help reach those targets.

It's just how Kickstarter works. They give you certain timeline you have to get funding you asked for, they collect the money for you if you succeed and after that you are on your own. If they kept these projects open forever, funding would probably also take forever; Why pledge now if you get same rewards few months later when we know more about game?

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the PayPal account open if people have any overage money left after this. Only question is are those funds counting towards stretch goals or increasing your personal reward tier after KS expires.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

If they kept donations open I'd probably pitch in $20 a month to build up to the next tier and beyond. Lots of us would I suspect.

They should seriously consider it as an option. If they dropped some of the custom content design options from the higher tiers but made them slightly cheaper after the KS then I'd be looking to aim for that. Alternatively, if I could build up credit in new Merch tiers to get themed goodies. Spring 2014 is a long time and I think all this stuff would keep interest flowing.

I'm just not in the position to drop another couple of hundred dollars on this project in the run up to Xmas, but if they let me keep on donating I would.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Was looking for news on whether we'd be allowed to increase our donations after the Kickstarter closes. I've never used one before so not sure how it works. If it's Paypal only then would they be able to add those contributions to our Kickstarter ones so we could progress gradually to a higher tier. Like Monte, and I suspect many others, I've backed to a level I can manage for the moment, what with Christmas looming, yet over the duration of development I'd like to increase my pledge gradually.

Games like this are hardly ever made anymore, so it'd be nice for Obsidian to be able to show publishers that there is still a profitable market for these lower risk, lower budget kind of niche games amongst the AAA must sell millions of copies to break even games.

• Like 1

Nothing much; they've been feeding us some pretty good details on a project that is still very early in the development stage. I hope they knock it out of the park!

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Rather trivial, but I'm wondering; will Project Eternity be the game's name throughout development or is it just a token name till the Obs guys come up with a more fitting one? I like the implications of a "Project Eternity" in game and what that would entail.

Rather trivial, but I'm wondering; will Project Eternity be the game's name throughout development or is it just a token name till the Obs guys come up with a more fitting one? I like the implications of a "Project Eternity" in game and what that would entail.

The devs are still stating that they will be changing the name for the game's release. There's even a thread about naming the game. http://forums.obsidi...name-this-game/

I still contend that they should sell tickets to the release party for the game as an add-on. Then take a quarter or so of the proceeds to pay for the party. offer pizza and sodas and maybe beer or wine or something. I can't imagine buying a ticket, but there have to be enough local people to make it worthwhile and, frankly, if there aren't a lot of ticket sales, you're not going to have to pay much for the party either. lol The only way I'd buy a ticket is because one of the people I'm gifting the game to is a huge Obsidz fan (because I gave him my xbox copy of KotOR2 a long time back and he loved it).

I was actually hoping they'd extend party invites to the $1k tier. ;) I'd fly out for that. Gives me an excuse to check out this OC thing every freaking non-New York related show on television...

Was looking for news on whether we'd be allowed to increase our donations after the Kickstarter closes. I've never used one before so not sure how it works. If it's Paypal only then would they be able to add those contributions to our Kickstarter ones so we could progress gradually to a higher tier. Like Monte, and I suspect many others, I've backed to a level I can manage for the moment, what with Christmas looming, yet over the duration of development I'd like to increase my pledge gradually.

Games like this are hardly ever made anymore, so it'd be nice for Obsidian to be able to show publishers that there is still a profitable market for these lower risk, lower budget kind of niche games amongst the AAA must sell millions of copies to break even games.

This! I would also like a chance to add to my donation later perhaps.

I want to know very little about the story or its characters. Just very basic stuff, perhaps. But nothing that would spoil any moments I have learning about this stuff when I play the game.

Mostly, I'd just like to hear stuff about the game mechanics. Stuff that tells me how the game will play, but without the risk of going into spoiler territory.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I thought that there was an official announcement, when the devs said the game would be available on GoG, of getting either the STEAM or non-STEAM version of the game. If it's an issue to you, you might want to take a gander. I also think, since there's about a million different places that have info, the devs should pick out the most contentious issues and FAQ them or something so there's an easy place towards which to point folks with questions like this.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!