What do you Want to Know Before the Kickstarter Ends?

Well I already gave them my money so...

You are not billed till the Kickstarter ends. Then Kickstarter, through Amazon Payments, tries to collect the pledged money. Most go fine but it's quite common for some payments to fail.

Unless they used Paypal, in which case they probably have paid already.

I'd like...

-To see a screenshot, as others have mentioned, just a mockup would be fine.

-To know what boxes the collectors and normal boxed versions will be in (this doesn't really matter a lot to me).

-To know if the boxed versions will be DRM free.

-Concept art of all the companion characters (we have 3 so far... ).

-Short bios/descriptions of each of the companion characters (not spoilers).

-Concept art of any races we haven't seen yet.

-As others mentioned to know if we can purchase things after the Kickstarter like Watseland 2 is allowing.

Edited by Shades

I've got some stuff, I'll try to put it in priority:

1: A rough estimate on how the world will be built. Will there be focuse on a large and dynamic outer environments or will you travel between spots? Will everything be tied with the story and the world or will there be extra padding such as lots of extra enemies sprinkled in the dungeons just for fun variety or entire dungeons that feel nondescript?

2: Some writing decribing a place or people inside the game, perhaps even a character (but that might be too spoilerish)?

3: I'd love to see a mock-up of in-game stuff. Like a background and some characters or stuff.

4: Scope. Personally I'd love it if it was 8 hours. That is 8 really well made and packed 8 hours.

Whoa, what? How does 2.4ish million translate into 8 hours of gameplay? What exactly are you saying here?

Are there official published numbers anywhere for BG and PS:T in terms of expected gameplay hours? I thought they were on the box or something... Not that I have those handy.

I mean, the Black Pits addition to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition supposedly "offers 15 levels spread over 6 hours of gameplay," so I'd expect a full game of the expanse and content along IWD/BG/PST lines to be much, much, much more than that. :blink:

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

How the hell does all that fluff get in my navel.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well I already gave them my money so...

You are not billed till the Kickstarter ends. Then Kickstarter, through Amazon Payments, tries to collect the pledged money. Most go fine but it's quite common for some payments to fail.

What I meant was that I don't need any more enticement.

4: Scope. Personally I'd love it if it was 8 hours. That is 8 really well made and packed 8 hours.

By 8 hours... you mean you want 8 hours of gameplay and/or story done before Kickstarter ends right? The other alternative is too crazy so it must be that.

Edited by moridin84

. Well I was involved anyway. The dude who can't dance. 

What I'd really want to see is tech demo'ing. Real behind the scenes with like Adam and Josh and others just chilling at some computer and pointing at stuff and going "yeah so this red area is a no-pathing zone and this blue thing is a trigger for an encounter and bla bla". There could just be cubes moving around on a field of grass for all I care, I just want to see something from behind the scenes, of the actual tech or game.

Edited by Zed
  • Like 2

I'd like more info on the extent to which $1k folks will be able to customize an item/NPC, what the process will be, etc. During an impromptu KS chat this morning, Feargus himself told me he would be discussing it today with the team and would have more details soon-- so that's awesome.

I'd also like to know more details on how our created "epic high level items" will compare to what everyone will soon be able to create/enchant once that stretch goal is attained.

I'd also like to know what kind of gameplay length they're looking at. Yes, I know it's relative, but say "it's smaller than BG but larger than PS:T" or something similar. Will this be an epic game in and of itself, or is it merely the first story in what will be a series of much smaller games?

Edited by Chaos Theory

in game screenies so we can see graphics / art direction

final race/class/companion list

dont need to reveal all of the companions necessarily

the final decision on the music and who's going to be doing the portrait artists

introduce some of the other people working on the game

What can entice me to up my pledge? Well physical stuff. I prefer things I can hold on to compared to items that have to reside in my harddrive, and having to foot shipping is not much of an issue when people who go for the physical options, they will not be paying small change. That shipping fee is akin to small change. And we can easily imagine digital rewards will be quickly distributed over the net, and will be available to even people who pledged the lowest amount. So for people who want a reward, a memento that not exactly everyone will have a chance to get, largely exclusive to supporters which say "you donated, thank you" then physical rewards which cannot be downloaded by anyone with a browser connection, and will likely not be sold in physical stores, is the answer for me.

What do I hope to see as enticements for my pledge? I am hoping for a physical soundtrack CD. It should be fairly cheap to do that when the digital soundtrack is ready, a DVD collection of 'behind the scenes' and 'the making of' videos, a virtual video tour of Obsidian Studios featuring our favorite developers as tour guides. We can pack all kinds on to that bonus DVD, from exclusive supporter bonuses to special insider view of what went into the making of the game. Yes all this can be downloaded but Obsidian can consider packaging it in an Obsidian designed DVD casing for example. To convert a lot of the digital items into semi or fully physical items.

By 8 hours... you mean you want 8 hours of gameplay and/or story done before Kickstarter ends right? The other alternative is too crazy so it must be that.

No man, 8 hours full game. Or something along those lines. I've got lot's of other time consuming stuff to do besides gaming so I really appreciate being able to play stuff through. Is my expectations really off? How much do you want in scope? 200hr?

No man, 8 hours full game. Or something along those lines. I've got lot's of other time consuming stuff to do besides gaming so I really appreciate being able to play stuff through. Is my expectations really off? How much do you want in scope? 200hr?

Yes, I want a 200 hour long game. I will not be seen for a number of weeks until I have finally finished it, and then I will hibernate.

The only thing I could think of right now is if I were convinced that my wife would play and enjoy the game. Taking my current pledge to the next tier amount would allow me to split the pledge into four or five different tiers. I could maybe do that. I'll never be able to defend spending a grand on this kickstarter project. I would love to have the money. I would love to have ten grand to spend. ...But I don't.

So, the things that would appeal to me would be t-shirts or other physical good that I could gift to folks. Anything either functional (such as Monte's thumb-drive) or with broad appeal so that someone else could find it useful or enjoy it.

If there's something I can show my wife to convince her that there's something in the game for her to enjoy, that would be the best thing. Basically, I don't care about my name in gold. I won't permanently use any forum title other than the one I get normally (and I would actually rather have no title at all). I don't care about knick knacks or other cheap swag. I do want the soundtrack and artwork. I'm looking forward to the ring tones.

I'm probably going to stick with my current pledge because I can't see spending more, but maybe some physical goods add-ons or something unforseen in terms of digital add-ons would do the trick.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yes, I want a 200 hour long game. I will not be seen for a number of weeks until I have finally finished it, and then I will hibernate.

Well 200h is more like Final Fantasy scope (if you look for every single little bit of content and max level characters). That's a bit too big.

I'd go for minimum 40h-50h?

Hopefully lots of actual footage of what they have been doing so far, because for now it has been mostly talk about what they are planning to do and how they are designing things. Screenshots, concept art, insight to the game world, technical demo etc...

Also video tour at Obsidian office would be fun. It's always nice to see people and building behind the game and if it can be done in humorous way like Tim Schafer did with Double Fine it's always a plus.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Hopefully lots of actual footage of what they have been doing so far, because for now it has been mostly talk about what they are planning to do and how they are designing things. Screenshots, concept art, insight to the game world, technical demo etc...

I think that it's too soon for screenshots and technical demos.

Concept art is always welcome though.

I still contend that they should sell tickets to the release party for the game as an add-on. Then take a quarter or so of the proceeds to pay for the party. offer pizza and sodas and maybe beer or wine or something. I can't imagine buying a ticket, but there have to be enough local people to make it worthwhile and, frankly, if there aren't a lot of ticket sales, you're not going to have to pay much for the party either. lol The only way I'd buy a ticket is because one of the people I'm gifting the game to is a huge Obsidz fan (because I gave him my xbox copy of KotOR2 a long time back and he loved it).

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think that it's too soon for screenshots and technical demos.

Concept art is always welcome though.

"Although they’re not ready to share it just yet, (Adam) Brennecke told me he saw the first screenshot of the game the day we spoke. Even he was impressed. 'It looks amazing.'" -Penny Arcade: Sophie Prell, Sep 27, 2012

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg