What do you Want to Know Before the Kickstarter Ends?

With only ten days left on the Kickstarter, there's still a lot up in the air. Obviously the game is still in the earliest of stages, but what little bit of information would you like to have before the Kickstarter ends? I'm talking mainly about the rewards because far too much could change with P:E by 2014. So what would change your pledge at this point?

Personally, I'm most interested in the Collector's edition. If we could get details about that, I might not be able to resist upping my pledge. What kind of box is it coming in? (I don't know why this is so important to me, but it is) What is coming with it? Is it just the cloth map? I would also like to know if we'll get a second shot at some of these things. I'm pretty interested in the hardcover collector's book (I'd be interested in a hardcover of the novella as well if it ends up over 100 pages), but I just don't have $250 to spend right now. Come Christmas that might be a different story.

So tell me, what would you like to know before all this fundraising's over?

* Screenshots

* Full class / NPC / Playable race list

* Maybe a short gameplay video (not essential but would be nice)

* Brief overview of gameworld / culture (not plot I hate spoliers)

* More concept art, in fact a heck of a lot of concept art

---

I'm fairly happy now, but that would make me happier.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

A concept art / screenshot that actually looks good, as opposed to the mehs we've seen. Maybe more about souls if possible.

Otherwise, I feel like we have seen plenty. They've still got 2 years to go on this thing and they've already given so much detail, if they were to give more it would probably end up being changed over the course of development.

• Like 1

I don't want to call people out on pledge amount, but in the interest of full disclosure as OP, I'm stuck at $100. I can't really afford even the extra $40 it would take for the Collector's, but I don't think I could resist a hard box with a couple more fancy extras.

More art and screenshots would be great too, but I would imagine I'd have to take them with so much salt (the game still being in predevelopment stages) that it would hardly be worth it.

A concept art / screenshot that actually looks good, as opposed to the mehs we've seen. Maybe more about souls if possible.

Otherwise, I feel like we have seen plenty. They've still got 2 years to go on this thing and they've already given so much detail, if they were to give more it would probably end up being changed over the course of development.

What didn't you like about the current concept art? I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, so I know I'm not difficult to please.

Chainmail Bikini Squad FTW.

I saw someone suggest that a disused chainmail bikini or Cadegund's old boob plate be included in the game as a joke item. I'd favor that over crazy concept art.

Dude, I want a PE novelty thumb drive, geeky NPC action figures and a freaking hoodie.

They can take my money all day for that stuff. I'm not too proud to admit it.

You are among friends. I would be living in a box if they went that crazy with the merch.

• Like 1

I would love to know if there will be option of upping my pledge after the kickstarter is over. As mentioned, I've got limited funds right now but that will change in a month or two, and I definitely want one of the higher tier reward packs :o

The team behind Wastelands 2 allows for this, in their backer site. I think it's a great idea :)

How souls relate to mechanics

General race information that don't lead to spoilers

If romances will be included and to what extent, how many, etc. :p :p

Edit: Oh, and the rest/camp mechanics.

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Ecology. More precisely, animals. Being it a new IP, do we get new animals or are we stuck with the overused horses, cows, dogs, etc? :brows: I suppose that overusing pines and such it's ok. No one notices them. :p

Altough my previous paragraph is not quite serious, I'd really like to know about animals and if we get new ones that don't fall into the "monster" camp. Maybe Cooshees (Elven Hounds)? Green dogs ftw!

About increasing the pledge, there could be a small/remote chance of an expansion being added. If that was the case, that would be the only real thing able to make me consider increasing it (and bleed in the process, if I manage to increase it).

Edited by Wintersong

I would love to know if there will be option of upping my pledge after the kickstarter is over. As mentioned, I've got limited funds right now but that will change in a month or two, and I definitely want one of the higher tier reward packs :o

The team behind Wastelands 2 allows for this, in their backer site. I think it's a great idea :)

I would support this 100%. I might even pledge right up to the $250 mark if they let me take til the game was nearly released to do it.

A screenshot -- even if it's just a mockup -- would be pretty cool. It might be nice to see some game lore/history revealed (assuming this is already known) and I wouldn't mind seeing the bare bones of the RPG system they are mocking up. All of which is probably completely premature and unreasonable.

Ecology. More precisely, animals. Being it a new IP, do we get new animals or are we stuck with the overused horses, cows, dogs, etc? :brows: I suppose that overusing pines and such it's ok. No one notices them. :p

Altough my previous paragraph is not quite serious, I'd really like to know about animals and if we get new ones that don't fall into the "monster" camp. Maybe Cooshees (Elven Hounds)? Green dogs ftw!

About increasing the pledge, there could be a small/remote chance of an expansion being added. If that was the case, that would be the only real thing able to make me consider increasing it (and bleed in the process, if I manage to increase it).

I really hadn't given much thought about ecology. I think if they could reveal a bit more of that it would give us a better idea of where their collective head is at as far as the game world is concerned.

I've got some stuff, I'll try to put it in priority:

1: A rough estimate on how the world will be built. Will there be focuse on a large and dynamic outer environments or will you travel between spots? Will everything be tied with the story and the world or will there be extra padding such as lots of extra enemies sprinkled in the dungeons just for fun variety or entire dungeons that feel nondescript?

2: Some writing decribing a place or people inside the game, perhaps even a character (but that might be too spoilerish)?

3: I'd love to see a mock-up of in-game stuff. Like a background and some characters or stuff.

4: Scope. Personally I'd love it if it was 8 hours. That is 8 really well made and packed 8 hours.

Edited by Rasmudd

I've got some stuff, I'll try to put it in priority:

1: A rough estimate on how the world will be built. Will there be focuse on a large and dynamic outer environments or will you travel between spots? Will everything be tied with the story and the world or will there be extra padding such as lots of extra enemies sprinkled in the dungeons just for fun variety or entire dungeons that feel nondescript?

2: Some writing decribing a place or people inside the game, perhaps even a character (but that might be too spoilerish)?

3: I'd love to see a mock-up of in-game stuff. Like a background and some characters or stuff.

4: Scope. Personally I'd love it if it was 8 hours. That is 8 really well made and packed 8 hours.

Whoa, what? How does 2.4ish million translate into 8 hours of gameplay? What exactly are you saying here?