Update #16: Reward Updates, Combat with Tim, Mods, and the Mega Dungeon Grows!

Thought this update was really great, the in agme pet (hopefully small dragon pheonix etc) is a nice addition, and as im $250 backer im very pleased about the upgrade to the book, the messages for above is cool as that where the niog bucks kick in and having aomsething in agme is nice for people who have pulled out that much cash. Also the low lvl unlimited spells seem cool as was so annoying if ur wiz ended up using a dagger or sling as they had ran out, just a basic spell would be nice as if the wiz was using an eternal wand. not so sure on how the gimoire system will work, as it sounds like you will have differents spells in different grimoires, but we will see, hope by adding the pet means we will get combat pets too for rangers druids familliars etc. Really hope we get another higher stretch goal that will really entice more people to pledge one final push before the end 3 million would be awesome and a much bigger dungeon is cool.

Feargus suggested earlier they will add a stretch goal to turn the player house into a strnghold that may vary by class (like in BG2). I love the amount of back and forth on these forums and the kickstarter comment section.

Edited by Shevek

Informative.

Depending on what kind of spells they decide to implement on the lower levels of magic, it could end up being very powerful or even too powerful, considering we'll be able to cast them an unlimited number of times.

Note that he didn't answer if HPs regenerate on their own after combat.

They also didn't say how powerful auto attacking was for fighters. It could end up being very powerful or even too powerful, considering we'll be able to auto attack an unlimited number of times.

I'm sure they know spells need to be balanced based on the system they are using.

Why are you constantly being an annoying clown? Yes, auto-attacks can be imbalanced as well. But spells, because of their variery and effects, have the potential to be much more imbalanced.

I'm just pointing out that they should pay attention to it and I don't see why would that upset you to the point of making sure to tell me how they have everything under control and that it will be balanced just fine. We don't know that.

Informative.

Depending on what kind of spells they decide to implement on the lower levels of magic, it could end up being very powerful or even too powerful, considering we'll be able to cast them an unlimited number of times.

They also didn't say how powerful auto attacking was for fighters. It could end up being very powerful or even too powerful, considering we'll be able to auto attack an unlimited number of times.

I'm sure they know spells need to be balanced based on the system they are using.

Why are you constantly being an annoying clown? Yes, auto-attacks can be imbalanced as well. But spells, because of their variery and effects, have the potential to be much more imbalanced.

I'm just pointing out that they should pay attention to it and I don't see why would that upset you to the point of making sure to tell me how they have everything under control and that it will be balanced just fine. We don't know that.

I'm just pointing out that they do in fact know what they are doing. I just don't see why people feel the need to remind them of completely obvious things. It is painfully obvious that they will try to avoid the problem you brought up.

I apologize. Serious, I don't mean to be a jerk. I am just getting annoyed by all the people assuming the worst about everything.

Edited by ogrezilla
  • Like 1

It shouldn't be a dog, that's too common.

If it's not a dog, then we're entering familiar territory. People wanting different animals for different reasons. People will wants cats for sneaky characters, dragons for powerful characters, spiders for evil characters, etc.

The only solution is something thematic or something original. Like an unbound fractured soul. This little blue thing that floats around.

THAT is the most reasonable thing to my mind. Because, you know, cats-rats-birds-dragons-talking_foodstuff is too specific. Giving options? That's too much to ask, and not quite fair concerning lower-level pledgers and those who'll miss Kickstarter. As a maximum — we could customize the colour of that floating thing, maybe it even could have some meaning, without affecting actual gameplay though, and that's that.

I would not want a companion that looks like it should be able to occasionally help me in any way if it wasn't able to help me in any way. I don't want some sweet dog that would just watch me get attacked without jumping in.

Edited by ogrezilla
  • Like 4

Informative.

I'm just pointing out that they do in fact know what they are doing. I just don't see why people feel the need to remind them of completely obvious things. It is painfully obvious that they will try to avoid the problem you brought up.

Since you're bringing this up...

Arcanum's combat system was completely imbalanced. By investing heavily into dexterity my character was able to steamroll over the majority of encounters easily, on his own.

I would not want a companion that looks like it should be able to occasionally help me in any way if it wasn't able to help me in any way. I don't want some sweet dog that would just watch me get attacked without jumping in.

Exactly. Not to mention dragons.
  • Like 3

Informative.

Arcanum's combat system was completely imbalanced. By investing heavily into dexterity my character was able to steamroll over the majority of encounters easily, on his own.

fair enough. again, apologies. I edited into the other post.

Informative.

fair enough. again, apologies. I edited into the other post.

It's fine. :)

Sorry for the annoying clown comment.

Edited by Valorian

Yeah, I like Tale's suggestion for a soul wisp or something ghostly that can't directly affect the world for that very reason.

A pocket familiar like Minsc's Boo could work out well in that respect too, but there's not necessarily a matching sprite. Maybe a squirrel that runs at the first sign of danger. Not much of a pet, though.

Oh, Shevek's idea of a pet wandering the player house is great. Would give it an additional "living" feeling, I think.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Yeah, I like Tale's suggestion for a soul wisp or something ghostly that can't directly affect the world for that very reason.

A pocket familiar like Minsc's Boo could work out well in that respect too, but there's not necessarily a matching sprite. Maybe a squirrel that runs at the first sign of danger. Not much of a pet, though.

Oh, Shevek's idea of a pet wandering the player house is great. Would give it an additional "living" feeling, I think.

I like the pet at home idea. Nothing beats getting greeted at the door by a good pet. Though I wouldn't want it to stay there alone or else I'd feel bad staying out too long haha

Edited by ogrezilla
  • Like 1

I am just getting annoyed by all the people assuming the worst about everything.

I agree, but it's human nature. Some recent releases promised great hope to many RPG fans, and they believed -- and then major disappointment followed.

I, for I, am willing to make some concessions from my "ideal game" since they obviously aren't making the game tailored to my particular tastes in gaming. Investing in this IP is a 'leap of faith' to begin with, so I'm willing to go one step further and trust that Obz really does want to give us a game that pays homage to the classic I.E. games.

I just refuse to be completely pessimistic from the start. I'm willing to give it some time and wait for further announcements.

I am just getting annoyed by all the people assuming the worst about everything.

I agree, but it's human nature. Some recent releases promised great hope to many RPG fans, and they believed -- and then major disappointment followed.

I, for I, am willing to make some concessions from my "ideal game" since they obviously aren't making the game tailored to my particular tastes in gaming. Investing in this IP is a 'leap of faith' to begin with, so I'm willing to go one step further and trust that Obz really does want to give us a game that pays homage to the classic I.E. games.

I just refuse to be completely pessimistic from the start. I'm willing to give it some time and wait for further announcements.

I guess I just don't see how we have enough information for people to be majorly disappointed in anything at this point.

• Like 1

What about an annoying talking parrot, who always follows you around, criticises your every action, tells you that you suck at everything, and at the same time provides some valuable advice from time to time?

As long as we can use a hammer on them.