What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Thanks for the info on Fallen Enchantress. I think I'll try it.

Seconded. Was trying to decide if I'd just push through with Warlock or get Fallen Enchantress. I'll probably grab FE this weekend.

Seconded++

Having put in 100+ hours in Warlock, it sounds like a game I might like :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

About to take on Fierkrag (sp?) in BG2.

Sidenote: I positively suck against mages. Put me up against Golems, Wyverns, or any other of the beastly creatures, and I have relatively little trouble. Put even two low level bandit mages against me, and suddenly I'm in a fight for my life. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

About to take on Fierkrag (sp?) in BG2.

Sidenote: I positively suck against mages. Put me up against Golems, Wyverns, or any other of the beastly creatures, and I have relatively little trouble. Put even two low level bandit mages against me, and suddenly I'm in a fight for my life. :p

Things that removes protection (magical and physical) and lowers resistance and saving throws are your friends :)

Sometimes it's worth reading the log window to see what protections a mage (or a dragon) raises.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Didnt Disintigrate have a chance to destroy loot? I wonder if Carsomyr was scripted to prevent that or if an unlucky roll came up you could destroy it.

It could.

In fact something of the loot would be almost guaranteed to disintegrate.

Things that removes protection (magical and physical) and lowers resistance and saving throws are your friends :)

Sometimes it's worth reading the log window to see what protections a mage (or a dragon) raises.

Beating the dragon dude wasn't too difficult, mainly because it's just one enemy. My problems with magic users arises when there's more than one of them. When it's just one, I can throw everything my party's got at them. But whenever it's more than one, I find that one of them gets off his stuff before I have a chance to neutralize all of them, and it's usually an annoying spell that either stuns, paralyzes, or confuses my party.

And yes, I really do suck at counter and defensive spells. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's been a while since I played BG2, but I've played several archer-heavy parties in D&D cRPG games and they generally fared quite well against spellcasters because I was usually able to disrupt their magic before they got much of their stuff off. I would usually have such a sheer number of missiles heading toward enemy spellcasters immediately upon sighting them, that even with some of those missiles missing, something was bound to get through.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Beating the dragon dude wasn't too difficult, mainly because it's just one enemy. My problems with magic users arises when there's more than one of them. When it's just one, I can throw everything my party's got at them. But whenever it's more than one, I find that one of them gets off his stuff before I have a chance to neutralize all of them, and it's usually an annoying spell that either stuns, paralyzes, or confuses my party.

Ah. So good thing the last boss is just a single magic user ? :grin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

been playing mark of the ninja all week. absolutely fantastic, quite possibly my favorite game of the year. I just wish it was a bigger/longer game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just finished http://www.olderbytes.com/ Underworld. This was an absolute BLAST! <3 It's basically a classic M&M romp with great combat and tons of stuff to do and explore. HIGHLY recommended. There is also a demo if you would like to try it for yourself.If you are a fan of the classic M&M games (1 through 5) give this a try.

Chaotic Commands. Learn it. Use it. Love it. 1 turn/level of protection for one character from any and all mind affecting effects. Sure it'll suck up all your level 5 cleric spell slots, but it's worth it.

• Like 1

hmmm... i can't decide whether i should just stick to my X-COM and PS:T playthroughs (which are being very very very infrequently revisited as is), or start replaying the blue planet: war in heaven campaign for freespace 2 in addition to them...

dammit, i want war in heaven 2 :(

WWTNOD?

thinking of starting a new skyrim game, i probably will, but then will get bored after 3-4 hours because i've played it too much already.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I finally managed to play a few hours of Morrowind and enjoy it, I'm currently building my Telvanni stronghold but I've been slacking with my wizardy skills, dunno if I'll be powerful enough to complete the whole house quest line until I've returned from all my godkilling adventures.

thinking of starting a new skyrim game, i probably will, but then will get bored after 3-4 hours because i've played it too much already.

Yeah, Skyrim broke me, I'll maybe come back to it next year after all the DLC has been released but I played so much Skyrim that even Oblivion tempts me more...scratchchin.gif

Hey, remember that tutorial dungeon you already played through 5 times?

You are now no longer interested in starting a new Skyrim character.

Beholders are my new bane, especially when they're in packs.

You didn't buy that instawin shield in the store at the Promenade? Reflects beholder rays back to sender. Equip somebody like Viconia with beefed up magic resistance (if you have it) and that shield and watch those beholders go down without you breaking a sweat. The magic resistance is just because I don't remember if those elder ones casts spells besides rays. It's been a while.