What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Was more of a chestshot (and actually wasn't THAT hard as I'm not that good, but it was one of my better hits! haha)

So he folded up, assuming something similar to a standing fetal position, then, very slowly keeling over sideways?

Or would that require a stomach shot...

Chestshot...

Ok I got an image for that as well:

As the chest is pushed back by the force, the arms snap foward and legs fold up, causing him to fly backwards in a sitting position, arms extended as if grasping for something in front of him?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Fallen Enchantress.

Played the beta a while back(and enjoyed it) but haven't tried the latest builds, now that it's been fully released, it will be interesting to see what's changed.

It's on my wishlist. Do tell me more :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Fallen Enchantress.

Played the beta a while back(and enjoyed it) but haven't tried the latest builds, now that it's been fully released, it will be interesting to see what's changed.

It's on my wishlist. Do tell me more :)

Add one more who is curious (and had had it on his wishlist for a while) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fallen Enchantress.

I'm interested in a small review of it if you have some spare time. I'm not really sure what to expect from it and to what game it can be compared.

I'm playing Xcom at the moment and enjoy it.

Played Home. It had atmosphere, it had mystery, it had tension...

And then threw it all away. Every clue is essentially a red herring and there's no cohesive story. You decide what happened in the end which just doesn't work, especially since the game seems to have trouble tracking the clues you found. I found the murdered girls, the guy concluded they must have been the owners of the empty camp, yet a few minutes later he wondered where the owners went. Many of the plot threads are left unexplained, which the game even flat out admits....Gah! So much potential.

I was supposed to take a break from Fallout: New Vegas. Well, I didn't. Just couldn't stay away so I went and finished Honest Hearts.

Which I found rather crappy. The area was okay, if not bit too maze like. My companions were more often lost/stuck than they were following me. But the story and characters could not be much less interesting. The whole DLC felt out of place, did some intern write it? I really expected more from the whole Burned Man deal.

Also as a finishing move Graham gave all his bullets to me when the final quest begun, so the game got stuck in later cutscene. Had to dive into internet and give him bullets via console.

Here's hoping Old World Blues and Lonesome Road have the normal FO:NV quality. As in are really good.

EDIT: And Oner's gay signature got blocked. Fast.

Edited by Slinky

Right now, I'm playing both Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.

I am actually working through my Steam backlog too, HL Episode 1 and 2, and just installed Portal 2. But for this week, I'm focused more on Guild Wars 2 for its Halloween event.

Terraria is also another game I'm playing during evening when I'm free, before dinner time. Where I live here, its way too hot to play any 3D games in the evening with the PC pumping out severe amount of heat into my already hot room. :verymad: But I actually enjoy Terraria though.

Edited by Hornet85

I'm not a fan of The Sims, but some twisted part of me still wants that Pets expansion. Yet I refuse to pay $40 for just that (plus $30 for base Sims3). I don't keep up with Steam sales, maybe it's gone on sale, but every time I've looked it's still $40.

I think it's about time for me to grab Torchlight2.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm theoretically splitting time between several games, but Sleeping Dogs has taken over all my gaming time at the moment. Good gravy that game is fun. It's kind of nice to get away from RPGs for a bit since that's 90% what I've been playing for the last several months, though Sleeping Dogs does have some RPG-lite elements. So far my favorite parts of the game are chases on foot (the parkour elements are simple but fun) and fist fights. It's a breath of fresh air to play a sandbox game where the combat doesn't suck.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I used to torture my Sims, I remember bricking up young Jimmy Skag Jr into his own tiny little prison, he had a roaring fireplace and a canvas on which he could paint his despair :)

:lol: That's creative.

The only thing I remember doing in Sims1 was the drowning thing. heh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used to torture my Sims, I remember bricking up young Jimmy Skag Jr into his own tiny little prison, he had a roaring fireplace and a canvas on which he could paint his despair :)

:lol: That's creative.

The only thing I remember doing in Sims1 was the drowning thing. heh.

Yeah I think drowning in the pool was the only real way to kill a sim, Jimmy Jr ended up joining the military (and walking through the wall) to get away from me o:)

I'm theoretically splitting time between several games, but Sleeping Dogs has taken over all my gaming time at the moment. Good gravy that game is fun. It's kind of nice to get away from RPGs for a bit since that's 90% what I've been playing for the last several months, though Sleeping Dogs does have some RPG-lite elements. So far my favorite parts of the game are chases on foot (the parkour elements are simple but fun) and fist fights. It's a breath of fresh air to play a sandbox game where the combat doesn't suck.

The combat is strikingly similar to Batman; Arkham City, minus the bat contraptions you have in AC.

Sleeping Dogs is a good game. Money well spent for me, for sure.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The combat is strikingly similar to Batman; Arkham City, minus the bat contraptions you have in AC.

I don't know Sleeping Dogs, but I wasn't too impressed with the combat in Arkham City. Good thing I got the game for free with my gfx card ;)

Now Watchmen: The End is Nigh (pt. 1 & 2) was a different matter. Despite similarities the combat just felt much better. Must have something to do with the responsiveness of the controls.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't know Sleeping Dogs, but I wasn't too impressed with the combat in Arkham City. Good thing I got the game for free with my gfx card ;)

Now Watchmen: The End is Nigh (pt. 1 & 2) was a different matter. Despite similarities the combat just felt much better. Must have something to do with the responsiveness of the controls.

Sleeping Dogs is odd. The writing ranges from passable to terrible, the story is incoherent (you frequently run into NPCs with whom the game assumes you are intimately familiar despite never having met them before,) the driving is spotty, the combat is a straight ripoff of Arkham Asylum but....

It's one of those games that has enough style and swagger to overwhelm its many weaknesses. It's just plain fun the ways you can wantonly kill people (despite being a police officer,) using contextual/environmental methods, the setting of Hong Kong is a breath of fresh air (a realistic, present-day, present-time Hong Kong, not the stereotypical Hong Kong of cyberpunk and spy fiction.) Because 99% of the characters are Asian, it doesn't suffer from the sort of Western "geesha girl" syndrome you see in games where there's one token Asian woman with exaggerated features that don't look remotely like a real Asian (cheekbones so high and jutting they could put an eye out, eyes so narrow you'd swear they couldn't see, etc.) The parkour stuff is suprisingly well executed, and fun, even though it's basically a dolled-up foot chase mechanic. And you can play dress-up with a character who isn't hideous (yes, I'm referring to GTA4. It doesn't matter what you wear when you're THAT ugly.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idMCtgA3lzQ

That video is really the entire experience.

Edited by AGX-17

It's one of those games that has enough style and swagger to overwhelm its many weaknesses. It's just plain fun the ways you can wantonly kill people (despite being a police officer,) using contextual/environmental methods, the setting of Hong Kong is a breath of fresh air (a realistic, present-day, present-time Hong Kong, not the stereotypical Hong Kong of cyberpunk and spy fiction.)

Well, I already spent some time in Hong Kong this summer, so I've got a good idea what to compare it to ;)

But I also have a backlog of games, untouched or in progress that I don't really want to commit to another time sink before I've worked off a bit of the queue. Finishing my first game of FO:NV, DA2, a game in progress of IWD2. Then there is Skyrim, The Book of Unwritten Tales, XCOM, Crusader Kings II, the GTA games and Dishonored which I've barely touched (installed and tested that they work).

Oh, and a number of DLC's that require a new playthrough of ME2 & 3 (and DA:O). You get the idea :)

That's not including a number of Good old Games purchases and some lesser known games bought from Gamersgate.