What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Dear Borderlands 2 - please stop giving us nothing but rocket launchers! Thank you.

Do they still suck as much as they did in Borderlands 1?

End Game Slog was even worse playing on insanity though, mainly due to the combination of context sensitive controls that would seemingly randomly stick you to cover rather than sprint or jump an obstacle and bullet sponge insta-kill enemies with regenerating barriers.

Good to hear I'm not the only one. Bloody darn Banshee's. Worst enemy. When I replay ME3's ending (not yet having done the extended cut) I probably go to easy instead of insanity to save myself having to do that over again...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Still on my first play through of DA2. Finished the "Legacy" DLC which was "Ok". Nice backstory and nice scenery (and nice change from endless Kirkwall). I just still hate the kind of puzzles that seems have to be squeezed in there, no matter how much out of place they feel. Still worth the price of admission though. Looking forward to try Mark of the Assassin soon.

As for the main quest, I thought I was almost through it and coming to a head with the Qunari boss, when my companions decided it was time for round two with companion side quests.

Aveline's campaign of wooing guardsman Donnick is comedy gold, especially with Isabella in the party. Caught myself laughing out loud several times.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

..and this is the point where I realize I am confusing Clear Sky with Call of Pripyat. :facepalm:

Ignore me.

Hahaha, oh whew, if you actually meant what you said, I'd be here debating the game for hours. :fdevil:

Divine Divinity, this is really how Diablo should have evolved in my opinion.

Yea, I really liked that one. It had that ARPG feel I like but combined with something a little ... more.

I'm trying to play Divine Divinity, too. The thing is that I hate Diablo so I don't know how long I can put up with it to get to the "more."

Oh wow, the planets must have aligned because I'm playing it too, after an insanely long hiatus. The first major dungeon under the starting town was rather tedious at times. But now that I can leave the starting village, the game's simply sweeping me away, hours at a time (then dying without having saved the last 30 minutes of progress)

My major gripe with the game is that for a diablo clone, it's rather hard to target stuff and the isometric perspective can get really weird at times. I'm having problems with 1 character that I don't even have with 6-man parties in Icewind Dale games

Just started playing Divinity 2 for the first time, picked up the Director's cut from GOG. Really liking the story and characters

I heard Divinity 2 got "remade" once or twice after its initial release. Can anyone here tell me what made the first version such a poor-to-average game, and made the current one actually quite good?

It seems like it's faster to level up in Borderlands than in Borderlands 2. I've only been playing it off and on the last week, but I'm already at level 30 now. In comparison, I was only around level 15 to 20 in BL2 after this much time spent playing it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Do they still suck as much as they did in Borderlands 1?

Yes in that the ammo you can carry is so limited as to make it nothing but an occasional use weapon. No in that they tend to do a ton more damage and thus can be useful for bringing down health of some of the superduper badasses to the point you can actually kill them with your other weapons in a shortened amount of time. Both hubby and I carry one around, we just rarely equip them. And we certainly don't to have them pop out of every single chest. :getlost:

The first major dungeon under the starting town was rather tedious at times. But now that I can leave the starting village, the game's simply sweeping me away, hours at a time (then dying without having saved the last 30 minutes of progress)

My major gripe with the game is that for a diablo clone, it's rather hard to target stuff and the isometric perspective can get really weird at times. I'm having problems with 1 character that I don't even have with 6-man parties in Icewind Dale games

The game definitely picks up/is more interesting once you can leave that starting town/dungeon. Opens up to large world with fog of war, little towns, inns, and all of that. The exploration/discovery aspect of it beats the Diablo's (and most of the many clones) by several miles, imo.

But yeah....I had issues with targeting occasionally too. The isometric they used felt a bit awkward, especially in smaller space, IIRC.

It seems like it's faster to level up in Borderlands than in Borderlands 2. I've only been playing it off and on the last week, but I'm already at level 30 now. In comparison, I was only around level 15 to 20 in BL2 after this much time spent playing it.

BL1 is definitely faster leveling, especially post-25.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trying to farm BNK3R in BL2, good XP but jeez is that fight a drain on the ammo reserves.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just about to finish off PT2 in BL2, got the guns from everyone around town, Moxxi's SMG is nice but got an 18k explosive AR from the slot machine, so that's nice. Still no legendary after all this time spent playing.

Also putting in some time in FIFA 12 (should get 13), continuing the project of making Arsenal German - have Gotze, Reus, Schweinsteiger, Sobeich in addition to Podolski and Mertesacker.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My save of Fallout: New Vegas tells me I have played it over 70 hours. It's taking it's toll now, so time to take a little break or I will steamroll as fast as I can through the DLC's and that would be stupid.

I did play Dead Money already though. Really liked the NPC's and the story, but the "beeb beeb beeb BOOM! goddammit!! *quickload* beeb beeb BOOM!" was bit annoying at times.

Tried the Mount and Blade demo -- I only had time to play it for about an hour or so and well... I liked it and I'm going to buy it. I haven't played a game that comes even close to what Mount and Blade offers, more specifically the mounted combat which I thought was flawless.

Bout to push some more Fallout New Vegas along before I take a turn on Lonesome Road for the first time.

But before I do, I shall have to decide whether to have Veronica stay with the BoS or go Follower this play through... hm. decisions decisions.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to farm BNK3R in BL2, good XP but jeez is that fight a drain on the ammo reserves.

Don't bother, doing side missions nets a lot more experience. Plus it's a lot faster.

My save of Fallout: New Vegas tells me I have played it over 70 hours. It's taking it's toll now, so time to take a little break or I will steamroll as fast as I can through the DLC's and that would be stupid.

I did play Dead Money already though. Really liked the NPC's and the story, but the "beeb beeb beeb BOOM! goddammit!! *quickload* beeb beeb BOOM!" was bit annoying at times.

I recently went to that site raptr and it told me i'm the #1 player of Fallout New Vegas. I've never gone back and made my Steam profile private, I'll never get a job if anyone knows how much I've played that game.

Just about to finish off PT2 in BL2, got the guns from everyone around town, Moxxi's SMG is nice but got an 18k explosive AR from the slot machine, so that's nice. Still no legendary after all this time spent playing.

Also putting in some time in FIFA 12 (should get 13), continuing the project of making Arsenal German - have Gotze, Reus, Schweinsteiger, Sobeich in addition to Podolski and Mertesacker.

High chance of orange drops from The Warrior and guaranteed from Terramorphous. If you're really desperate you can quit & save before hitting the Moonshot button after beating the Warrior (that's where the Orange drops, not on the initial win,) and there's a save scumming method outside the game (normally prevented by the game's autosaves,) to keep rolling the die until you get something orange.

if you don't want to exploit/save scum you can get someone with the Conference Call to help you farm Terramorphous.

Edited by AGX-17

Still on my first play through of DA2. Finished the "Legacy" DLC which was "Ok". Nice backstory and nice scenery (and nice change from endless Kirkwall). I just still hate the kind of puzzles that seems have to be squeezed in there, no matter how much out of place they feel. Still worth the price of admission though. Looking forward to try Mark of the Assassin soon.

As for the main quest, I thought I was almost through it and coming to a head with the Qunari boss, when my companions decided it was time for round two with companion side quests.

Aveline's campaign of wooing guardsman Donnick is comedy gold, especially with Isabella in the party. Caught myself laughing out loud several times.

How are your (in-game :p) siblings doing?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I recently went to that site raptr and it told me i'm the #1 player of Fallout New Vegas. I've never gone back and made my Steam profile private, I'll never get a job if anyone knows how much I've played that game.

Hehe, just tell them you like to devote yourself to awesome stuff and their company is clearly awesome.

Checked my steam profile, says I have played FO:NV for 270h. Currently my third game going, so looks like it's 100h or so from start to finish for me.

How are your (in-game :p) siblings doing?

Well, I had to take the Qunari by the horns so speak and settle the Viscounts problems with the "squatters". Bethany doesn't seem to like me much at the moment :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've had a bout of nostalgia the past month, and I've been replaying old(er) Final Fantasy games. Their genius diminishes as I grow older, I've noticed, but they're still great. The two games in the series that I feel really stand the test of time and age, are Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IX. They are both equally (if not even more) brilliant as they were when I first played them as a kid. I'm about done with FFIX, however, and I'm wondering what to play next. Replays of both New Vegas and Chrono Trigger tempt me greatly, but I've also been meaning to start playing Guild Wars 2, finally. Not to mention Dishonored and Borderlands 2, and my entire backlog of 20-or-so games I have waiting on my shelf on GOG, including Arcanum. Sigh... So many games, so little time in the day. :/

Yeah, that was quite annoying. After the first time, I never played Dead Money without a mod removing the collar explosion.

I'm currently taking a short break from New Vegas (still on Dead Money) and playing Blackwell Deception.

Yeah, that was quite annoying. After the first time, I never played Dead Money without a mod removing the collar explosion.

I'm currently taking a short break from New Vegas (still on Dead Money) and playing Blackwell Deception.

Another person that owns these games!

How are they? Trying to figure out their priority in my queue.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Another person that owns these games!

How are they? Trying to figure out their priority in my queue.

They're pretty good. There's some of back-tracking but I guess that's standard for adventure games. Took me a few hours to get to Deception.

Besides DA2, continuing my game of IWD2. I really don't like the "retcon" part with Malavon and Ginafae. Just feels too contrived in order to include some cameos. Drider caves were nice, even though my poor flesh golem got himself killed. Had my thief clear out all the lightning generators and killed the elder brain. Forgot the ambush once exiting the underdark and got wiped out. Damn... next time.