What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

XCOM, but i'm thinking about DX:HR at the same time. It's funny. I actually got really into DX when XCOM finally arrived. :/ And now i can't decide if i should play both or just one.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Only have a few games available now, the ones on Steam, the one on Origin and some old dosbox games, since I had to leave all the original boxed games in my old country. Played a bit of ME3 Multiplayer and realized that I had almost forgotten how to play it.. but it came back and I was entertained for awhile, before the design and anonimity started to annoy me. I don't know where the EA server is, but there is some serious lag issues between here and there, but it's mostly in the menus, that I find it really unacceptable. Then I found Transport Tyccoon on disk in the OpenTTD version and played a hundred years more. That is really addictive and time moves so fast, both in game and in real time, it's afternoon and my time just ZOINK and then it's dark and the missus calls me from the bedroom.. Been playing this old game, it's 2498 and even though transport technology has been dorment for more than uh.. several hundreds of years I still find it challenging to shape the world and to change and try new routes.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Sleeping Dogs went on sale on Steam so I snatched it right up. I played a bit on a friend's 360 and loved the bejesus out of every second I had a chance to play. Now I get to play it whenever I want (spoiler: as soon as Steam finishes downloading it). I'm super excited.

:dancing:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished Stalker: Clear Sky like 5 minutes ago, and wow, that game was such a thorough disappointment.

It's like somebody took everything that made Shadow of Chernobyl, shook it in a canister like a madman, and then poured it out, putting a few finishing touches to it, 75% of them bad. It's essentially the first game all over again, except none of the design polish. Difficulty spikes everywhere and complete lack of atmosphere

Wow.. I had a completely different experience. I found a game that took the best bits of the first two games and evolved them into something better, all the wehile keeping (and improving on) the atmosphere that made the first two games famous.

I also thought the quests were miles better in Clear Sky.

..and this is the point where I realize I am confusing Clear Sky with Call of Pripyat. :facepalm:

Ignore me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've currently got NWN2, Fallout 2, PS:T and Morrowind installed, all with many hours invested but none near completion, Fallout I'm not so bothered about but this was my first time with NWN2 so I'm a bit disheartened that the plot couldn't hook me.

I was genuinely more enthralled by Dragon Age : Origins and it took a herculean effort to complete (on hard) so I really don't know if I'll get back into NWN2, I know I could just plough straight into MOTB but I'd feel like I hadn't earned it :blush:

Sleeping Dogs went on sale on Steam so I snatched it right up. I played a bit on a friend's 360 and loved the bejesus out of every second I had a chance to play. Now I get to play it whenever I want (spoiler: as soon as Steam finishes downloading it). I'm super excited.

:dancing:

I picked it up as well. I haven't installed it yet but I was just wondering if it controls better on a console than a PC. Do you plan on playing it with a gamepad?

After playing the rigid NWN2 and getting tired of it, I'm currently alternating between all open world games - Just Cause 2, Saints Row 3, Skyrim and soon to be Sleeping Dogs.

I really like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, but I must add that it's also because of the russian language in game that I find it really refreshing.. American english can be so boring.. I don't understand a word of russian and that is erm, quite nice actually, but there is a lot more of it in the first game. The only thing that I find to be quite unnerving is the difficulty levels and the additional effects that apply to them, especially in the Clear Sky. I played the first one (Shadows of Chernobyl) both stalker and later veteran, but I had to drop to novice in the second one (Clear Sky), because all of the bleeding and stuff like that which got me killed too much while I was sniping targets, forgot to pay attention.. that was really quite annoying. I was back to the stalker setting in the third one (Call of Pripyat).

(Signatures: disabled) 

Dear Borderlands 2 - please stop giving us nothing but rocket launchers! Thank you.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Like many others though I'm replaying NWN2 at the moment, though I expect to lose momentum around the orc caves and some of the other sloggy areas.

Finished my ME3 replay a couple of days ago. Reactions pretty much the same as first time, found most of the bad parts a bit less bad because I expected them. End Game Slog was even worse playing on insanity though, mainly due to the combination of context sensitive controls that would seemingly randomly stick you to cover rather than sprint or jump an obstacle and bullet sponge insta-kill enemies with regenerating barriers.

Divine Divinity, this is really how Diablo should have evolved in my opinion.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Divine Divinity, this is really how Diablo should have evolved in my opinion.

Yea, I really liked that one. It had that ARPG feel I like but combined with something a little ... more.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm trying to play Divine Divinity, too. The thing is that I hate Diablo so I don't know how long I can put up with it to get to the "more."

Just remembered that I have Mysteries of Westgate installed and should be playing that to round out my Neverwinter Nights 2 binge.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The humour's a little overdone at times, only complaint I can really level at it for the moment.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm trying to play Divine Divinity, too. The thing is that I hate Diablo so I don't know how long I can put up with it to get to the "more."

I sort of saw it as being a cross between Diablo and BG1, gameplay wise. Only, there's more Diablo than BG. By quite a lot. So yeah, if you really hate Diablo type games, the "more" might not be more enough. :)

...still trying to get Borderlands 2 to spit out something than rocket launchers. And I swear, I haven't had/seen ANY Siren +team health regen mod (with even a single skill bonus) in ages. Lots of clvl's worth ages. It's all been increased specific type damage or resistance mods. Driving me bonkers...

I "hate" Diablo-style gameplay too, and in the end Divinity didn't do enough to get over the line - but that said, there was a point in there where it looked like it might have worked out for me. Too long ago so my recollections might be totally off, but I reckon I ended up playing about 10 hours of it, which tends to be a lot more than what I give games that I end up aborting.

Didn't help that the starter dungeon, and thus the first hour or so of the game, was shocking. I'd rather play the Temple of Trials over multiple times than do that again.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G