What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Still not playing much at all, any time a serious real life issue crops up it pretty much obliterates my ability to get lost in a game :(

Same here, I'm having trouble spending more than 30 minutes in a game which tends to limit the atmosphere and getting lost in the game much like yourself.

Luckily enough I'm still able to enjoy other stuff like playing guitar, watching random stuff and forum posting but playing a game is a different kind of escapism for me, I just can't do it for very long with real life swords hanging over my head.

Pressing on with Thief 2 v1.19, and it's better than ever.

Also tried out TheDarkMod for Doom 3, and while it is professionaly made, I doesn't really give me that same lovely vibe as the Dark engine.

Also re-installed Dragon Age: Origins and continued to play with my short hairy dwarf, quickly realising how bland this game is, and then uninstalled.

Then I proceeded to buy Game of Thrones for the cheap on Steam and so far I like it.

Dishonored is also sitting on my hard disk but for some bizarre reason my mind still hasn't come to terms that the game is now out and ready to play. This special gem I've been waiting for so long deserves special time when I finish my backlog.

Wonder if that's what everyone else is doing or if they'd rather be lost in the game instead of posting about it. From all of the pre-release talk, there seems to be nearly no one reporting back on how the game is.

Pressing on with Thief 2 v1.19, and it's better than ever.

Also tried out TheDarkMod for Doom 3, and while it is professionaly made, I doesn't really give me that same lovely vibe as the Dark engine.

Also re-installed Dragon Age: Origins and continued to play with my short hairy dwarf, quickly realising how bland this game is, and then uninstalled.

Then I proceeded to buy Game of Thrones for the cheap on Steam and so far I like it.

Dishonored is also sitting on my hard disk but for some bizarre reason my mind still hasn't come to terms that the game is now out and ready to play. This special gem I've been waiting for so long deserves special time when I finish my backlog.

Wonder if that's what everyone else is doing or if they'd rather be lost in the game instead of posting about it. From all of the pre-release talk, there seems to be nearly no one reporting back on how the game is.

I bought it too. Sitting on my harddrive at home. I'm sitting at a hotel at night, working interstate with no access to my own computer. Ah well, later this week it's time to catch up again. Having a game of DA2 and IWD2 in progress and X-Com and Dishonoured waiting for me to finish those.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I started a new game of Baldurs Gate 2. I don't know what class to play as. My mind always "defaults" to one of the fighter classes, but I want to try something different. I just don't know what.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dishonored is the most Thief-like game since Thief. That was one of my initial reactions. I am thieving more than I am killing, so that might be part of it. Played it about two days, then I played some XCOM, followed by some more XCOM. I'm not sure which I'll play tomorrow, but it'll be great, which ever it is.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Dishonored seems awesome, so I decided to put it on hold until the thesis defense and subsequent holiday are done. I think it kind of needs room to breathe to be enjoyed, like a good red wine. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

BL2 ... Being level 43/44 for the Wildlife Preservation story quest made it much easier. The boss at the end didn't level up like I thought it might, either, so it was a straight "we're 44, it's 44" difficulty ratio. Still had some dicey moments but nothing like before. Neither of us died once. Think we're reaching a point where most things won't be too much ahead of us anymore, since max lvl is 50. Gaining those last 10 levels is definitely slower than in BL1.

When we're done, might check out the first DLC (think that's this week?) ... then take a break.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wrapped up a low-chaos mostly stealth run on Dishonored.

I have to admit, most of the non-lethal methods of taking care of targets actually seems more nasty / viscious / kinda evil then outrightly killing them.

Option A> Kill them.

Option B> Knock them out, then hand them to an obsessive stalker type who really, really "loves" them, so they can be taken out of the country where the stalker plans on keeping them locked up and spend the rest of their life teaching them to "love" him....

Option A> Kill them.

Option B> Set them up to have their heads shaved, their tongues cut out, then put into slavery working the mines half a mile underground...

Now going for the slightly more humourus style of Fallout New Vegas and Old World Blues for the first time..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finally finished reading all the books found in that library and have made my way to the second level of Irenicus' opening level dungeon where you first meet Yoshima.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Star Ocean Last Hope International again... Finally was able to kill superboss Ethereal Queen under 10 minutes with Lymle on third try for hardest in-game Battle trophy :dancing:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Wrapped up a low-chaos mostly stealth run on Dishonored.

I have to admit, most of the non-lethal methods of taking care of targets actually seems more nasty / viscious / kinda evil then outrightly killing them.

Option A> Kill them.

Option B> Knock them out, then hand them to an obsessive stalker type who really, really "loves" them, so they can be taken out of the country where the stalker plans on keeping them locked up and spend the rest of their life teaching them to "love" him....

Option A> Kill them.

Option B> Set them up to have their heads shaved, their tongues cut out, then put into slavery working the mines half a mile underground...

Now going for the slightly more humourus style of Fallout New Vegas and Old World Blues for the first time..

I really hate that game, I get how it can be compared with Thief but then I actually analyze the game and realize that it's actually an offense to Thief to compare it.

Stealth comes down to just blinking from place to place, the game ask you to be an assassin but penalizes you for playing like an assassin ergo killing people. Then it gives you a bunch of lethal powers and gadgets and just one nonlethal dart. It frustrates me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guild Wars 2. I'm a sucker for MMOs. Played most of them like WoW, Rift, Aion, TERA, SWTOR... oh man, my life is flashing before my eyes across this screen.

Dishonored is fun. I kill everything. I'm only on like level 3 though.

I really hate that game, I get how it can be compared with Thief but then I actually analyze the game and realize that it's actually an offense to Thief to compare it.

Stealth comes down to just blinking from place to place, the game ask you to be an assassin but penalizes you for playing like an assassin ergo killing people. Then it gives you a bunch of lethal powers and gadgets and just one nonlethal dart. It frustrates me.

Don't use blink.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Finishing the Legend of Dead Kel DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur.

I really like this DLC even though the undead pirate thing got boring after the first Pirates of the Carribean movie.

In many ways the DLC is what Warden's Keep for Dragon Age should have been.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hm, I never picked up any of the lethal powers. I focused on Blink, Possession, and Time Stop.. and I have to admit I tended to use blink more for maneuverability then stealth purposes. That and the occasional combo of blink directly behind to choke them out quickly...

At some point I will go back and do a game of mass death and see what the lethal powers are like...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Don't use blink.

The game apparently doesn't understand that shadows = being hidden.

Plus it just takes me out of the story when the guy who was tortured for 6 months comes out being Mahatma Ghandi.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finished Stalker: Clear Sky like 5 minutes ago, and wow, that game was such a thorough disappointment.

It's like somebody took everything that made Shadow of Chernobyl, shook it in a canister like a madman, and then poured it out, putting a few finishing touches to it, 75% of them bad. It's essentially the first game all over again, except none of the design polish. Difficulty spikes everywhere and complete lack of atmosphere

Edited by Nordicus

Don't use blink.

That would be a whole different kind of game. Not sure how some sneaking would work in that case. Odd mission to get rid of the Lord Regent, heh, magically they believe some audio and I got a low Chaos, despite butchering 5 guards and a dog.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I plan to play again that's I call "The Bid Ol' Pilgrimage": isometric RPGs from Fallout to ToEE (FO, FO 2, FOT, BG, BG2, P:T, IWD, IWD2, Arcanum and ToEE) with HD fanpacks and restoration contents. I intented to finish them before PE release (for K, K2 and V:BL, I think it will be difficult because, I'm waiting WL2 relase too!). But like NWN, NW2, FO:NV and AP, I will play them again because it's interesting to play games after some time has passed, it's not only nostalgia, you don't have same feelings and you don't use same tactics.

So now... FO again!

Heh, my game of Star Ocean froze 2 fights after I got the Battle Trophy, I almost raged O.o

Had to spent 2 more tries to get the trophy again. 1 try = 2.5 - 4 hours of playing without saving the progress O.o

In the last attempt I got extremely unlucky and got my party almost completely wiped out, was very happy that I had more than enough Ressurection Units, which saved my ass few times. Lymles final blow landed like 5 seconds before the end of the 10 minute limit O.o

Aaaand today first part of Pathfinder Adventure Path - Council of Thieves (Bastards of Erebus) arrived, gonna have some fun with my friends over the next few weeks :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I just did something silly. I paid $20 for a flashlight mod and 8 new levels. I bought Doom 3 BFG edition. So I think I'll be playing that now.

Edit: Even sillier, I did not check system requirements. No XP support.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Managed to find 30 minutes last night to play a bit more DA2. Finished what I think is

"chapter 1" and returned above ground to life in a mansion. Bethany ended up as a circle mage and I would say it's not only Isabella that has had a few upgrades, the Qunari also seems to have a few spiky bits and steroids added. The Artishok was particularly well done (if his job was to appear imposing). Sort of makes a mockery of good old Sten in DA:O, although it makes more sense of his dialogue and background if you try to imagine him looking like the DA2 Qunari.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein