What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Why not pick up a cheap joystick?

I'd rather save money if I can ? :p But yeah, I might pop out and get a stick, if they still have these at stores. My current PC desk doesn't have the space for it, one of those silly cart things, but it can make do.

CH Products still make the exact same sticks they did in the 90s, except with USB support since Microsoft has discontinued gameport support at the OS level. As close as possible to an "official" Wing Commander stick - used in trailers, in the manual, etc.

The man is trying to save money and you suggest some of the most expensive joysticks money can buy?

@Malcador

I have this one:

http://www.thrustmas...tflight-hotas-x

http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B001CXYMFS

Its pretty sturdy, the hotas controls are really nice to use and its fully plug and play. It pretty comfy to use on your lap, which is good if your desk is too high or in your case, cluttered. I bought it based on the amazon user reviews and I haven't regretted it so far.

I don't recommend Saitek, they are far from the company they used to be. I've also had predominantly negative experiences with Logitech joysticks.

Confusing it with the Thrustmaster Cougar/Warthog? I bought their top-of-the-line F-16 Fighterstick for only ~$90. Looks like the basic 3-axis, 4-button + hat is $66 on Amazon. These things are bombproof and will last forever ...or at least until USB support is discontinued....

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

What class and difficulty level are you playing on for DA2?

My first play-through I was a warrior on insane because I wanted friendly fire. I enjoyed it, though eventually grew tired of the tedious combat and identical dungeons.

I played through a second time with a rogue on normal and I found I enjoyed it more because combat became simple and I could get to the better story portions.

Not 100% sure who you are asking :)

But as for me, I'm currently playing on default difficulty and using a rogue tooled up for dual wielding (and looks like I'm going to put points in the 'assassin' tree of skills). Currently off to kill some mercs for a guy with a strange accent and a funny looking skull cod piece.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished ME3 with and without the Extended Cut. It definetly needed the more fleshed out ending. The last mission was very hit and miss - parts of it was just crappy design, probably because they were rushed and the part where they throw out all of the enemies in 4 cycles in the same area just reeks of this. After that's all over with, the following scenes and then all of the added stuff from the patch makes it a better experience.

I would have got a lot more use out of grenades if Thin Men didn't have 4 HP on Classic.

Thin Man? Hell no! You get a grenade to the face before you try to poison me again. >_>

Still pretty useful to blow out their cover and put them down to 1 HP (meaning that pistol shot instead of the long range shotgun blast is still useful).

Or to put them at 90% for stun!

What class and difficulty level are you playing on for DA2?

My first play-through I was a warrior on insane because I wanted friendly fire. I enjoyed it, though eventually grew tired of the tedious combat and identical dungeons.

I played through a second time with a rogue on normal and I found I enjoyed it more because combat became simple and I could get to the better story portions.

Not 100% sure who you are asking :)

But as for me, I'm currently playing on default difficulty and using a rogue tooled up for dual wielding (and looks like I'm going to put points in the 'assassin' tree of skills). Currently off to kill some mercs for a guy with a strange accent and a funny looking skull cod piece.

I was personally impressed by the chapter 1 ending and the different ways it can play out, even if there isn't that much choice in it as happenstance. :p

Back's killing me, so not playing anything when I get out of the office at the moment. Hoping to get a little bit Dishonoured in when it releases tomorrow - usually Nordics get the games on Thursday, but this is one of those Friday releases like Alpha Protocol was...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Walking Dead Episode 4.

They gave you an entire clean slate, nothing from the other episodes mattering. Not really a good thing for a game tailored to your choices. Still very much an interactive movie. They decided to give up on one zombie being a threat, so here you're eventually killing 20 in the time span of 2 minutes.

If my guy is such an awesome killing machine, why are we running in the first place. Especially from the 5 or so in past episodes? (although I guess they would want more but have engine limitations). Also, gun never gets out of ammo. I surely have fired hundreds of rounds since episode 1 and it's still the same gun with the same clip and we never found any more ammo (actually, all guns found are generally with just a few bullets or none). Eh...

Also there was a very stupid story decision in the end, with someone complaining I sucked as a leader, and everyone was going to die. Was this based on the decision wheter or not I risked my life saving a teammate just 1 minute before that? Surely not, it was because I lied at the start of the episode, and by doing so aided my team considerably. Seems some pretty strange morality there.

"Hello, weren't you with the team in the past scene, with all the zombies, and how I saved everyone? Helloooo?"

It better has a good finale episode. They make how many people you can take along to episode 5 seem like it's a great deal, I would hate for it to be all smoke and mirrors...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Still pushing away at WC3, finally figured out how to get a gunsight (have to lock the target) so combat is a lot easier. Driving a bomber with a mouse is an interesting experience.:p

Should have Dishonored tonight, not too happy about being at min-spec for the RAM (should up to 16 next week or so)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Caved to the pressure and started Arcanum for the first time ever. Doesnt seem to have aged well as it looks terrible on my widescreen but I noticed in the "lets play" thread that his looked much better so I assume there is a widescreen mod I can download. Character creation is good, lots of choices. I ended up picking a human with no special traits. Bought some gear, entered the game. I dont care much for the UI but its serviceable. Got to the crash site, met the monk and walked over to the shrine. Walked 10 more feet and got one shot by a wolf, game over. Realized I had not saved and seemingly no autosave occured after character creation so I have to start the whole thing over. Meh.

• Like 1

Caved to the pressure and started Arcanum for the first time ever. Doesnt seem to have aged well as it looks terrible on my widescreen but I noticed in the "lets play" thread that his looked much better so I assume there is a widescreen mod I can download. Character creation is good, lots of choices. I ended up picking a human with no special traits. Bought some gear, entered the game. I dont care much for the UI but its serviceable. Got to the crash site, met the monk and walked over to the shrine. Walked 10 more feet and got one shot by a wolf, game over. Realized I had not saved and seemingly no autosave occured after character creation so I have to start the whole thing over. Meh.

Make sure you get the widescreen and resolution mod! The game looks pretty decent with it.

Make sure you get the widescreen and resolution mod! The game looks pretty decent with it.

The big problem with the widescreen mod is that it breaks a few scripted events that are based on a range function that goes bogus on bigger resolutions. Not the greatest future-proof design :/ That said, Gfted1, have you downloaded the high-quality maps patch from Drogg? For that matter, are you using patches at all? Arcanum is fairly buggy.

The big problem with the widescreen mod is that it breaks a few scripted events that are based on a range function that goes bogus on bigger resolutions. Not the greatest future-proof design :/ That said, Gfted1, have you downloaded the high-quality maps patch from Drogg? For that matter, are you using patches at all? Arcanum is fairly buggy.

Im playing the vanilla GoG version so Im not sure if any patches are included. I havent downloaded anything externally.

Im playing the vanilla GoG version so Im not sure if any patches are included. I havent downloaded anything externally.

I have the GOG version, and it doesn't include the unofficial patches. I'd recommend installing Drogg's patch because it fixes quite a few scripting bugs, and Arcanum had quite a few of those (it's an amazingly ambitious game, which is also why I like it *a lot* in spits of its flaws).

Yeah, latest release from Drogg is pretty much a must, imo.

A bit of a shame that I never got around translating the later versions of the patch to german...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I cancelled my Dishonoured pre-order because I want to be an Orc.

Ah good, we found a guinea pig. Will be looking forward to your impressions.

Managed to pick it up in retail for 24.99 Reichsmark and without Steamworks to boot. This game is already a winner.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

CH Products still make the exact same sticks they did in the 90s, except with USB support since Microsoft has discontinued gameport support at the OS level. As close as possible to an "official" Wing Commander stick - used in trailers, in the manual, etc.

I shall have to pick one of those up at some point... Although, sigh, I do wish that I could get Jane's USAF working on a modern OS (I'd prefer not to have to emulate a whole OS just for one game - plus it's annoying that it doesn't work).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

First impressions of Of Orcs and Men.

Fun gameplay :

- you can slow down during combat to pile special strikes. In that it's close to the game of thrones rpg combat. Yet combat has a bit more punch and reactivity. It's more an action rpg in this aspect. Yet, combat aspect is not that important for me, so I'm not very impressed by it.

- some stealth/assassination actions, but the corridor aspect of the level design makes it a bit boring.

Linear. Too linear. I remember a bit ME2. Same thing. There are very few branches options, but most of the time, you just follow the corridor. Big deception for me in the level design aspect. At least, side quests do benefit from distinct areas, so there is no repetition.

Graphics are good, I think. But since I'm not really into that, I can't really say. Just have a look at some video to have an idea.

Storywise, it's difficult to say at the moment. It doesn't seem to be very impressive at the moment, but it's only the first part of the game.

All in all, I'm not impressed. Sure, it's polished, a lot more than A Game of Thrones. It looks and plays like your flat AAA action RPG game. I don't regret having bought it, because it's fun. But if you are not into action rpg console games with punch, it's not really worth full price.

At least, M/K controls are ok.

For other aspects, I can't really say. Equipment doesn't offer a big choice at the moment, but since it's the beginning, I can't judge.

You'd better get the opinion from someone that plays action games than me.

Still playing DA2. Still mostly enjoying it. Dealing with shady characters to raise a fortune to help out family members... why do I have a sense of deja-vu? At least she didn't introduce herself with "Heya, it's me Bethany!" when we fled Lothering :grin:

Some of the inter companion dialogue is quite witty and well done :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just started up Just Cause 2 after having it for a while but never really playing it. It seems like a decent game to screw around with, I just wish the vehicle camera was better - somewhat like driving in SR3, it just gives me a headache. Luckily you can use your hook to speed up running on foot, which I'll probably end up doing a fair amount.