What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Why not pick up a cheap joystick?

I'd rather save money if I can ? :p But yeah, I might pop out and get a stick, if they still have these at stores. My current PC desk doesn't have the space for it, one of those silly cart things, but it can make do.

CH Products still make the exact same sticks they did in the 90s, except with USB support since Microsoft has discontinued gameport support at the OS level. As close as possible to an "official" Wing Commander stick - used in trailers, in the manual, etc.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I wonder how fun the new class is for Borderlands 2. My cousin's already gone back to using his commando. I haven't spoken to him about it, but he tends to play stuff he likes. And if he's already back to his commando not even a day later ...

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why not pick up a cheap joystick?

I'd rather save money if I can ? :p But yeah, I might pop out and get a stick, if they still have these at stores. My current PC desk doesn't have the space for it, one of those silly cart things, but it can make do.

CH Products still make the exact same sticks they did in the 90s, except with USB support since Microsoft has discontinued gameport support at the OS level. As close as possible to an "official" Wing Commander stick - used in trailers, in the manual, etc.

The man is trying to save money and you suggest some of the most expensive joysticks money can buy?

@Malcador

I have this one:

http://www.thrustmas...tflight-hotas-x

http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B001CXYMFS

Its pretty sturdy, the hotas controls are really nice to use and its fully plug and play. It pretty comfy to use on your lap, which is good if your desk is too high or in your case, cluttered. I bought it based on the amazon user reviews and I haven't regretted it so far.

I don't recommend Saitek, they are far from the company they used to be. I've also had predominantly negative experiences with Logitech joysticks.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I've finished my third playthrough of a Game of Thrones RPG. I still think it's one of the best RPG scenario in a video game. The critic reception was bad for no valid reason (except maybe because big producers wanted the licence and it ended in a small company). OF course, one has to accept a smaller budget game than a AAA : so graphics that seem more like in a five year old game and animations less fluids than in an action game.

Yet, the focus on the story, the mature orientation of the dialogues and choices, the intricacies in the intrigues respectful of Martin's books is wonderful.

One thing I regret is the very limit C&C aspect. You can see that with the strong focus on story and the limited budget, C&C did suffer.

Clearly in my top 5 list of cRPG for the story.

So, to all those that think that story is the main point in a cRPG, you won't regret playing the game, I can assure you.

The gameplay is correct, combat is RT with "pause". Not real pause, just slow down. But a sufficient slow down so that people like me somewhat retarded in action games have time to plan the PC actions. It plays a bit like in Kotor/Kotor 2 otherwise. You have just one companion but have control of him during combat.

No QTE, no mini game. There is just the controlled dog attack that feels a bit like a click fest, but it's not that awful.

I wonder how fun the new class is for Borderlands 2. My cousin's already gone back to using his commando. I haven't spoken to him about it, but he tends to play stuff he likes. And if he's already back to his commando not even a day later ...

Haven't DL'd her myself but from what I'm hearing, if you spec her for her pet and back it up with snipers, she's OP'd, turning BadAsses and Goliath's into chumps ... but then again, you might be able to say that for certain gear/skill builds of Axton's turret. Or Zero's melee. So if you like "pet" classes, she's probably awesome. If you don't like pets doing a lot of the work for you, she's probably just average.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dishonored. Just finished the tutorial and believe it or not, I'm already sucked in!

I'm also playing this, alongside a lot of Xcom and have enjoyed it so far. Haven't put more than 40 minutes into it, but the world so far has been great and I just read through this interesting article about it as well which reminded me so much of why I like games like this.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/08/dishonored-length/

DA2... observations so far.

The city is very impressive in some ways,obviously a lot of work went into modelling it. On the other hand, it's rather obvious the "day city" and "night city" are not the same city at two different times of the day/night cycle. Worst offender is containers that mysteriously appear and reappear. Just a thought, it would have been better to not have those containers with mostly useless loot, it would have helped maintain the illusion. Also, for all the work that went into the city map, it's a bit sad to see it so "empty". The buildings are nice, but it's missing a lot of little details. Compared to Omega in ME2 it feels devoid of the little things that makes me go around and investigate every nook and cranny. Having street urchins, stray dogs, rubbish heaps etc. might also have helped make the place feel like a place where people actually lived. I sort of hope they reuse the city map and the assets already created for that in a future game though, as the city itself is well made.

I got a full roster of companions now from the emo wizard complaining about having lost some cat familiar to the skinny elf with a mood that is as bad as his paint job. Is it just my imagination or has Isabella been "embellished" a bit since DA:O??? :p

Anyway, I like her free spirited personality and I think we are going to get along just well (I also remembered where I had heard her voice, playing Zoya in 'Trine' which was released a few years before) Varric is a must have in the party too and the "wizard slot" will probably be shared between Merrill and Bethany for now. Off to raise some money for that underground expedition... Apart from my repetitive gripe about combat and above mentioned "lifeless city feel" I'm having fun. Story is nice and characters are interesting.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I got a full roster of companions now from the emo wizard complaining about having lost some cat familiar to the skinny elf with a mood that is as bad as his paint job. Is it just my imagination or has Isabella been "embellished" a bit since DA:O??? :p

I think its the combination of "embellished" and they've given her a tighter tunic and no pants... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I realized today that Borderlands2 (co-op) has done something no other game has done so far. It's made me forget about/miss the start of the baseball playoffs. Apparently, it's more fun to kill monsters with the spouse than watch a bunch of guys bat balls around a field. Go figure! :biggrin:

...still don't like BL2 that much solo, however. Guess I probably never will at this point ... because my husband rules.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used it from time to time. Grenades and SCOPE is so useful though hahahaha.

I haven't gotten much use out of grenades, but I think SCOPE was really helpful for all those 45% shots the rookies were taking. I still keep them on my snipers to help them out that little bit extra when they are shooting clear across the map.

I have a feeling that support troopers are going to be in high demand on my next attempt at classic. Gonna give smoke grenades a try...

Current normal ironman is going well though. I just

captured an outsider

but I'm holding off on researching it for the moment. I want to set up the rest of my squad with Titan armor and I need to shoot down a bunch more alien craft for their alloys before I can get that. Money isn't it too short a supply anymore now that I have the globe blanketed in sats, although Egypt pulled out back in April. I've only got space left in the lowest levels of the base now.

(I also remembered where I had heard her voice, playing Zoya in 'Trine' which was released a few years before)

Victoria Kruger.

Hasn't done much else though other than Trine, Trine 2 and DA2.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

(I also remembered where I had heard her voice, playing Zoya in 'Trine' which was released a few years before)

Victoria Kruger.

Hasn't done much else though other than Trine, Trine 2 and DA2.

A shame really. She has a "pleasant" voice and I would probably rather listen to her than Jennifer Hale throughout yet another video game (and I played both Trine and Trine 2 extensively) ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A shame really. She has a "pleasant" voice and I would probably rather listen to her than Jennifer Hale throughout yet another video game (and I played both Trine and Trine 2 extensively) ;)

You are a moderator, you have influence. Get Obsidian to get her to voice Cadegund ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The man is trying to save money and you suggest some of the most expensive joysticks money can buy?

The best way to save money in the long term is to buy quality. :p

I think its the combination of "embellished" and they've given her a tighter tunic and no pants... :shifty:

Works every time.

I really need to replay it soonish. Of course, since I lost my dao and da2 saves in the great brain fart of 2012, I now have a pretty good excuse for both!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I haven't gotten much use out of grenades, but I think SCOPE was really helpful for all those 45% shots the rookies were taking. I still keep them on my snipers to help them out that little bit extra when they are shooting clear across the map.

An extra 10% accuracy is always awesome. But grenades are great for guarantee kills, as well as blowing away cover. I have used them to just perfectly miss aliens, and it turns my 45% shot into a 60%+ shot with bonus chance to crit as well.

You are a moderator, you have influence. Get Obsidian to get her to voice Cadegund ;)

Yeah, I wish :p

The rumours about our "influence" seems exaggerated, but I would love for her to voice something in PE.

An extra 10% accuracy is always awesome. But grenades are great for guarantee kills, as well as blowing away cover. I have used them to just perfectly miss aliens, and it turns my 45% shot into a 60%+ shot with bonus chance to crit as well.

I would have got a lot more use out of grenades if Thin Men didn't have 4 HP on Classic.

Thin Man? Hell no! You get a grenade to the face before you try to poison me again. >_>

Edited by Deraldin

Yeah, I wish :p

The rumours about our "influence" seems exaggerated, but I would love for her to voice something in PE.

We need to get the Obsidian Order to mobilise on the matter !

• Like 1

Played some more Dishonored. This game is constantly impressing me with awesome level design and beautiful art direction. Definitly GotY material. Still have to play Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 and XCOM until I can decide, but I doubt I will like any of them better than Dishonored.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

What class and difficulty level are you playing on for DA2?

My first play-through I was a warrior on insane because I wanted friendly fire. I enjoyed it, though eventually grew tired of the tedious combat and identical dungeons.

I played through a second time with a rogue on normal and I found I enjoyed it more because combat became simple and I could get to the better story portions.