What are you playing now

LadyCrimson

Yes, from what I've seen, the Steam prices outside of NA are ludicrously inflated, but you will not likely regret it. Gameplay is a more polished/intuitive Arx Fatalis or Dark Messiah of Might & Magic, the story is interesting, the setting is novel, if a bit too familiar visually (you will swear you're in the middle of an Edwardian City 17 at some points,) and YOU CAN SUMMON SWARMS OF RATS TO DEVOUR YOUR FOES WHOLE! Bonus feature: no corpse for patrolling foes to discover. That or they'll discover A SWARM OF RATS DEVOURING THEIR COWORKERS WHOLE. And when the rats are done with the first guy? I think you can guess what happens next.

According to the ever-handy steamprices.com, it's not really the case except for Australia. In USD equivalent, the prices are:

US: $60

UK: $48 (30GBP)

EU: $65 (50EUR)

AU: $80

Comparatively mild compared to most Steam titles. Top EU ripoffs

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Varric is DA2's saving grace. Of course, considering how restrictive DA2's class/party structure is, you can only bring Varric if you're playing a Warrior or Mage (all battles follow the standard MMO bossfight model.)

I'm playing a dual wielding rogue. I almost always prefer to play rogues in my games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still pushing on through WC3, I suck terribly at this with the mouse but haven't played a space sim in a long, long while. The FMV bits are pretty funny, but not too shoddy for 1994.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm picking up Dishonored for christmas and then I'll play that for a while. Until then, mostly Harvest Moon and Persona. I forgot how addicting Harvest Moon is.

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

So much for that. I don't have access to the new Borderlands 2 character. Maybe's it's one of the pre-order bonuses? It shows up as costing 800 MS points for me since I didn't pre-order.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So much for that. I don't have access to the new Borderlands 2 character. Maybe's it's one of the pre-order bonuses? It shows up as costing 800 MS points for me since I didn't pre-order.

Yeah. Free with pre-order, payable DLC for later purchases.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah...pre-orders get to DL the Mech class early. As I understand it everyone else will get it with the DLC release.

Hubs and I need to level up - next story quest says 42 but we're 39. Just killing stuff on it's own isn't it doing it very fast, but it's making us money. Still want to avoid most side quests in PT2 until higher lvl. The ammo becomes so expensive as you level. At least you can get it cheaper in Southern Shelf still. But if you wear a max-ammo capacity mod, every time you first enter the game it doesn't include/create that extra (even if you were full when you exited the game, eg you lose that ammo), so you have to go buy ammo to fill up to your possible max before heading out. Gets expensive. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Seriously though, playing as Axton the Commando is so much easier than when I was playing Zero the Assassin. That turret is such a life saver, especially when you're swarmed by multiple enemies. I don't know if I'm going to bother going back to my Zero play through after I finish the game as Axton.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I liked Zero at the early levels, but since I'm not into melee in BL at all (I've tried...it's just so clunky/don't like it), his skill isn't interesting to me. He just becomes a super-sniper with a panic button that isn't even as good as Lilith's was in BL1. Thus ... I suspect I'd end up feeling the same. If you like his melee skill and master it tho, he's supposed to be a pretty nifty powerhouse.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still pushing on through WC3, I suck terribly at this with the mouse but haven't played a space sim in a long, long while. The FMV bits are pretty funny, but not too shoddy for 1994.

Why not pick up a cheap joystick?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Why not pick up a cheap joystick?

I'd rather save money if I can ? :p But yeah, I might pop out and get a stick, if they still have these at stores. My current PC desk doesn't have the space for it, one of those silly cart things, but it can make do.

I am swearing a lot at the computer. I must be playing an XCOM game!

Or just sucking at games. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dishonored

I am looking forward to this game. I am going to play Risen 2 and then Dishonored. For those who are interested in a long, fascinating and insightful read about the creators of Dishonored, Arkane Studios, you need to read the article below. It will show you just how difficult the development industry can be

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/27/3115822/arkane-dishonored-bethesda-origin-crossing-deus-ex-arx-fatalis

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Or just sucking at games.

Nope! Getting the XCOM classic: 3 guys at 75% all miss. There's a 1.5% chance that that happens. that target then crit hits my guy in full cover for 10 points of damage! Pew pew pew.

Edited by alanschu

Or just sucking at games.

Nope! Getting the XCOM classic: 3 guys at 75% all miss. There's a 1.5% chance that that happens. that target then crit hits my guy in full cover for 10 points of damage! Pew pew pew.

Classic is making me reconsider the usefulness of the nano-fiber vest. It won't protect against that 10 damage crit, but it does prevent your rookies from being one shotted by everything.

Soul Reaver 2, it's refreshing to see the games respect for its lore and the importance placed upon building a cohesive vision out of the previous games plots. I don't see why it should be so hard for a modern game to make a logical narrative when Soul Reaver 2 does this over millenia of altered history, and most importantly it never seeks to violate the players actions in either of the previous instalments. Great game.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I always loved those in the original. Eventually I start to think that if it's not > 85% chance to hit, you'll miss :p